Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you like the low res Dragon models?

Default Re: Do you like the low res Dragon models?

Well all the info I can find says that selection mod was added to the game, but irreguardless, if you already have the old ancient mod you can just copy the "definitions" folder from this zip file to your resources_override folder as the bounding box fix and all the other ancient mods focus on the .ent and the .gr2 files but this mod focuses on the definition files.

Soraii

soo i juset donlod this and only copy the "definitions" fiels to the "OR" foler ? if i read it right ???
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenia View Post
    soo i juset donlod this and only copy the "definitions" fiels to the "OR" foler ? if i read it right ???
    Correct

When you unzip it there will be a couple folders, one will be definitions, move that one to resources_override

Soraii

: ) woot thank you ^^
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Not a problem, tell me what you think

Soraii

: ) it wroks good thow some times it take a few for the moble to load in . i havent seen a ancent dragon yet

Ba-bump to inquire as to whether someone can tinker with this to make it compatible with the incoming Khutit heads-- I managed to isolate the trouble files down to the \defs\chars\dragonj_u\body\head folder. Leaving out that one set of files doesn't cause any critical issues, as long as you're not bothered by Ancients with the Lego Dragon heads poking out of the middle of their necks. But I miss my nice heads-at-a-distance!

Pretty please, oh mod-capable people, perchance to help out?

Here you go: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=48

Please note:
    - it's untested, but as I made the same modifications as Soraii but on the new files; it should work, but just let me know if there is a problem.
    - the Original Ancient Model MOD was included in the original Soraii's MOD: I removed it so you won't be forced to use the old model if you don't want.

Just extract the archive in the game folder to install it.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thoughts as I try this out:
    • "Telecharger ce fichier" at the bottom of the main download info box is the one you want. Right. (I'm not going to embarrass myself by saying how long it took me to figure out what was something I could click, not just text....)
    • Oh, yay, choices. Uh. What do we do if we want to keep the old ancient size mod? Was that what the \characters\characters section was for, in the original version?
    • Log in, aaaand... Relstaroth no longer has his head in the middle of his neck from a distance!
    • Oh for Drulkar's sake, broke my fly speed mod. I look like a hummingbird.
    • Double-check Relstaroth, aaand he's still good. Awesome!
    • Aaaagh it broke Solitaire's teeth/claw color mod too.
    • Uh oh, how's my khutit look? Oh phew, the khutit heads are still right.
    • Pop back into dragon form before I log out and-- ..........I don't have a head now.
    • Re-khutiting works, though.
    • Back to dragon... hey, there's my head! Good.

So it looks like it does what it sets out to do. Hmm. Trying it again with Soraii's version, only with this new \defs\chars\dragonj_u\body\head spliced in:
    • Solitaire's colors still broken, but my fly speed works again, and the khutit heads haven't broken.
    • Relstaroth's head is in the right place, good good.
    • No missing head when I pop out of khutit, woohoo!

Ok! So something about the head .defs makes Solitaire's mod kick and scream. Oh, hah, no wonder: they're using the same files. Ugh.

So yours works with the new heads (yay) but does not work with the flight speed tinkering or Solitaire's color mod (aww). Thank you for the initial tinkering! I'd rather have the colors though, so I won't be keeping it until/unless you can toss together a version that works with that.
    Last edited by Thicklesip; October 23rd, 2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: whoops, manners

I'm surprised for the flight speed modification as you only have to alter dragon_u_anim_flight.def (according to the link you gave me)... and this file isn't modified by Soraii's MOD nor my update. Furthermore, only the head files have been updated, the other ones are Soraii's original work.

For the old Ancient Dragon model, just use the right MOD: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=24

For Solitaire's color MOD, it's a known issue. Not hard to fix anyway.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

With Solitaire's permission, I have merged his claws and teeth MOD with Soraii's MOD.
    So far, it works on my character.

Download at the same link: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=48

You have 3 choices for download:
    - Soraii's MOD for Live Client (the old one)
    - my update for Blight Client
    - the merged MODs for Blight Client

Just read descriptions to choose the one you want.

I've been trying to get this and Solitaire's teeth/claw/etc mod to work together. If I use the third link, it obviously doesn't work on Live. Works on Blight, since the new heads are there.
    I am trying to figure out which files are conflicting, I tried adding them but it does not work.
    So I can have either high res dragons or dragons with correct colored teeth etc.
    Can someone make a version for Live that does both as well?
    edit: I think I got it. Compared Solitarie's pre blight horns/etc mod files list with the merged one for blight, and coped the pre blight ones over the merged ones in my resources_override folder. Everything seems to be playing nice--no headless khutit.
    Last edited by Nisse; November 30th, 2010 at 11:44 PM.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Notice for 2011/01/18 Live client (v383.15.22):

I have updated the webpage where you can download the newer version of this MOD. I have removed the old version which doesn't work anymore with 2011/01/18 Live client (v383.15.22).

As a reminder, there is a merged version with Solitaire's Claws and Teeths color MOD.

If you are an user of Soraii's MOD or Soraii's and Solitaire's MODs, you must update your MODs.

Files can be found here: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...ption&dl_id=48
    Files descriptions are both in french and english.

Download tutorial in english here: http://dragonnoir.planetemu.net/inde...rticle&artid=8

Hi, I've installed the updated merged version of the mod available on the website (lien 2) but the teeth and claw mod isn't working in the game; the horns, claws, and mouths are still the same color as the dragon. I have removed the older versions I had of the mods, so that shouldn't be an issue, and the only other mods I have installed are the lair mod, the map pack, and the dragon side sit animation. The new khutit heads are working. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I really like this mod and would love to keep using it.

Have you downloaded this one: soraiis_hirez_dragon_textures_v2_+_solitaires_claw s_and_tooth_colors.zip ?
    If yes, it should work: I have just tested it with a fresh patched client and nothing else as MOD.

My guess is that you still have some old files lurking somewhere in your resources_override folder which require to be removed manually.

As a test, you can rename you resources_override folder as resources_override_old (or anything that suits you) and use the merged MOD alone in resources_override. If it works this way, that means it's time to dig files in your other folder.

Hm. I just tried making a new resources_override folder and renaming the old one, putting only the mod in the new folder, and the teeth and claw mod didn't work. Then I realized the file I was using was soraiis_hirez_dragon_textures_v2.zip, even though I had clicked on lien 2. Downloading it again, I realized that when you click lien 2, it at first prompts you to download soraiis_hirez_dragon_textures_v2_+_solitaires_claw s_and_tooth_colors.zip, but a second later soraiis_hirez_dragon_textures_v2.zip pops up over top of it. This seems to happen every time. Once I closed the second file, I was able to download the first one, and it worked when running as the only mod in my folder.

Merged it back in with my other mods, and everything seems to be working now! Probably what happened is when I used it before I downloaded the wrong file, soraiis_hirez_dragon_textures_v2.zip, since for some reason it likes to pop up and block the file I wanted. Thanks for your help. ^^

Is it affects on mesh only?
    my texture still low-res on distance.

Thread Information