Thread: Lairshaping Materials Guide

Default Lairshaping Materials Guide

I haven't seen anything like this on the Forums yet, so I thought I'd start one, suggestions/etc are appreciated. So far, it is only for Tier1, my hopes is that other posters can contribute, so that we will eventually have guides for Tiers 1 through 5 (and maybe even 6?).

Please note, that I am looking for guides that avoids using Player-Built machines, as these might not exist on other servers. This guide also assumes that you are an adult, and can fly. This also assumes you are using a 1-stack Flying Cargo Disk.

So....

Tier 1:

For all Tier 1 Work, I normally set my Bind Point in New Trismus, at the Shrine.

Primal Essence of Melding:

The easiest/fastest way I know of to do this, is to Teleport to Bristugo, then hit the Northwestern Portal, and Teleport to Parsinia. If it says "Unavailable", go to Kion or Sslanis instead, and walk to Parsinia (it is on the Western edge of the Island), and attune yourself there.

Take to the air, and look directly East, as you are rising up into the air. You will see a Dragon Lair entrance in the distance ahead of you, unless you have your visibility settings turned down. Keep flying straight East, you will find the Lesser Aradoth Deadlands. In here, you will find a lot of Viridian Azulyte crystals; land and start harvesting, and do so until your disk and your inventory both are filled. Once this is done, fly over to the Dragon Lair you saw earlier (it is a public one, it has a T1 Silo and a Crystalshaper), and make your Focused Azulyte. Stick all of the Focused Azulyte in the Cargo disk, and then exit the lair and fly south, descending as you do.

You should see a Public Essence Shaper in the distance, land there and un-attach your cargo disk, and fill your inventory with Dim Essence, using the wisps and/or the residue there. Do this, go back to your disk, and make the Dim Orbs, and the Essence of Melding both. I like to do two trips, make the Melding, then go back out for Essence, and do it again. Try to end up with a round number of Meldings (if you are max efficiency, end up with an even number, if you need 3 per unit, end up with a multiple of 3, etc) so that you don't have any left-over Meldings. Recall to New Trismus, and hop in the portal to Bristugo and proceed to your lair. Place those Meldings, and repeat until you have enough.

Imbued Bronze Bars:

From New Trismus, Fly down to the Essence Shaper, and proceed to harvest Dim Essence, until you have filled your Cargo Disk with Dim Essence Orbs. Fly your Disk up to the Smelter, and un-attach, and then make Bronze Bars, and use the smelter there to make your Imbued Bronze Bars. Use the NT Portal to Bristugo to go to your lair and place them. Repeat as necessary.

Weak Excoration of Earth:

From New Trismus, fly up to the Smelter, fill your disk with Bronze Bars. Once you are done, fly the disk down to the Stonework area by Pratt's Pond, and dig up Sandstone, and continue until you've made your excoriations. Repeat as necessary.

Rough Flowstone:

I've tried Copperton, but in timing myself, I found out that New Trismus is actually faster, for some odd reason. So, I will use my NT strategy:

Start out by gathering lots of Dim Essence (NOT Orbs!!). Fill your disk with them, and then fly your disk up to the Stoneworking Pedestal North of the Dim Wisps. Un-attach your disk there, and proceed to dig up Sandstone. Fill your inventory with the said sandstone, and then make sandstone cast stone. I'd keep doing this until you have about 50% of your inventory full of sandstone cast stones. Try to get an even number, if you need 20 cast stones to make one flowstone, then finish with a multiple of 20, etc.

Once you have this, fly over to the Smelting Area, and smelt up some bronze bars, 2-3 trips should be enough for you to use up all of the sandstone cast stones you are currently holding. Once you have your bronze bars, recall to the NT Shrine, and turn towards Kerian's Crafting Cave (west, I believe?). There's a Stonework Pedestal right in front of you; use it to make your Flowstones. Use the Portal to go to your lair and place them. When you're done, come back to make more Sandstone Cast Stones, and then repeat the above steps to turn them into Flowstones.

Rough Maelstone:

Another of the two slowest/most annoying materials to make. Start out by gathering as much sandstone as your cargo disk can hold. Once it is full, fly it up to the Smelting Area, and drop your disk off there. Use the Bronze there, to make Bronze Bars, and then Lodestones. Use the same method you did with the Flowstones; do it until your inventory is about 50% loaded with Bronze Lodestones, but keep to a multiple needed to make a Maelstone.

Once you are done, Recall to the NT Shrine, and fly down to the Dim Essence to collect some Dim Essence orbs. Once you have the Orbs, recall to NT. Remember the building that has the Pedestal? The same building has the Smelter, but instead of wasting time with the Khutit Form, just walk to the opposite side of the building and get up against it, you should hear the Smelter's ambient sound, and it should allow you to smelt without actually going inside the building. Repeat as necessary.

Viridian Crystalline Lattice

Ahh, Lattice. Everyone loves these. Fortunately, I believe these are easier to make than Flowstone/Maelstones are, by a longshot. One of the new 10-stack flyers would help tremendously here, but even with using a 1-stack flyer, it is still easy. Use the NT Portal to Bristugo, and go to Parsinia from there (Again, the Northwest Portal). Instead of going to the LA Deadlands, we are instead going to travel Northeast. N-NE of the Deadlands is a Gem Mine, that is our target. Once you are there, if you have a 1-stack flying disk, drop it on the ground by the Gemworking Bench. Proceed into the mine, and dig up exactly 1/3rd of your inventory worth of each gem: Malachite, Turquoise, and Garnet. Once you are done, go up to the bench, cut your gems. Put the Tri-cuts in the disk, and keep doing this until your disk is full of Tri-cuts (a T5 Mithril-Marble 1-stack Disk will hold 1,500 Tricuts!).

Once you are full of Tricuts, if there was a Viridian Azulyte Geode in the Mine, hit it now. If not, grab your disk and fly it to the Public Lair near the LA Deadlands (the same one you used while making Primal Essence of Melding, read above for directions), and drop it off near the Crystal Shaper. Proceed to gather Azylute, and turn them into Focused Crystals to make your Lattice. Recall and place the lattice, return and make more as necessary.

And there you have it, all of the T1 Lairshaping Materials made easy, using only a 1-stack disk, and public machines only. If anyone has alternative strategies that work better, feel free to post em, along with Tier 2, and/or strategies involving the 10-stack flying disks.

Default Re: Lairshaping Materials Guide

Maelstones and Flowstones are incredibly annoying (and too slow to bother with I might add unless you are doing corridors) to do out of a cargo disk.

It took me a full day once to do such a thing, so for T1, it is far better to gather a single resource, haul them to your lair or the closest crafting spot by a pad and 4 silos as possible. (I'm assuming you have storage at least?)

That way you can get a stack of single resources from the following:
    -Sandstone from New Brommel
    -Bronze from NT
    -Wisp from either Wisp Isle or Genevia.

Where these resource-heavy components are concerned, your burden is alieviated by a lot if you have a few silos and can gather a ton of materials at once. Remember that when making the secondary components like lodestones and cast stones, your resources are cut in half which doubles your needed gather time.

The others that only require two of a resource can be comfortably made from a single-stack disk. Neat guide though!

As for trying to make a round number of components, *chuckle* I have I think a single unit of near every tier in my lair storage.. No idea how I keep ending up with an odd number.

My lair does not yet have any silos, and I only have a stonework machine as of right now, but I have 1 silo at like 40% done, and I've got a smelter at 17% done, and working on corridors, etc.

So, right now, I'm working out of a cargo disk, because I don't really trust public silos, there are people who'd steal/delete them to make use of the silo themselves, and I really don't want a lot of work going down the drain because someone wouldn't leave the stuff alone.

That, and I don't know of any T1 materials near player-built machines/silos; I've asked many times on Order, hoping to find some good machines near T1 to level my biped, and everyone's answer was the same: "Not really...." as to whether or not there are any silos or Jman+ machines near T1 materials... I really wish someone would make some, I hate leveling my biped on public machines that give no +skill....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    That, and I don't know of any T1 materials near player-built machines/silos; I've asked many times on Order, hoping to find some good machines near T1 to level my biped, and everyone's answer was the same: "Not really...." as to whether or not there are any silos or Jman+ machines near T1 materials... I really wish someone would make some, I hate leveling my biped on public machines that give no +skill....
    What? Are you kidding? There must have been only new players on...

There's two plots in Parsinia that have public silos and Jman shops right next to the sandstone and is a hub for T1 crafting. It's very popular. You just have to fight bipeds for silo space sometimes, but I would not worry about thievery on Order.

If the stuff you made is not there, it is usually in a nearby silo or connie but stuff like that gets moved if it's been there for three days or other considerable length of time. I've very rarely heard of theviery cases, and those cases were usually big... like 8k of T5 lodestones, not a few bars...

Are you in a guild? Most guilds also have guild-only storage silos for building things.

Meldings and Lattice are also easier done in the following manner:
    -Make your tricuts and head to Garnet bay and travel over the hill to the east, gathering viridian nodes on your way.

There is a lair there underneath the crystal nodes (in Genevia community-first lair) with a crystalshaper to the left and a public silo. Stuff your tricuts in the silo, then go above ground for the crystal. Make the crystal, then place it in your 1 stack disk. Pull tricuts out of the silo and make until your inventory is full.

Place finished lattices in the vault at the end of the entrance -or- recall with an inventory load and return to make the rest.

For T1 lairshaping, Zex's lair near the smelter in Genevia has quite a few public silos.

Hope that helps you out a little

My lair in Winter's Peak/Morathaven has a few public silos if you want thier use. There's also a smelter in there. There's also those silly "1 of everything" resources down below inthe T1 and T2 lairs for the taking of making a full unit.
    Last edited by Shian; July 10th, 2008 at 12:24 AM.

Well, this was awhile back when I asked (I haven't touched my biped since the EI takeover) so maybe those crafting shops weren't in Parsinia at the time? I'm not sure... I might have to consider looking into that, though, as the only way my biped is gonna level, is through player-made shops, the XP is way too slow otherwise.

Hmm, the lairshaping stuff, I'm not familiar with the Genevia area, but I could check it out sometime and see if it is faster than my current methods, but then once I get the crafting machines and silos done in my lair, I'll probably use the "hoard up resources in your silos" method instead...

But it might help until then...

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Tier 1 I recommend at Genevia instead. Sandstone Bluff, Copperton, and eastern Genevia north of Pajalsti have sandstone, bronze, and dim wisps, as well as the machines to process them. Garnet Bay and Mala have turquoise, garnet, malachite, and viridian azulyte. Kerrl's lair (hopefully doesn't sell with plot repos) has the crystalshaper on level 0, first left.

The only difference in preference is that Genevia teleports to Bristugo only.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Tier 1 I recommend at Genevia instead. Sandstone Bluff, Copperton, and eastern Genevia north of Pajalsti have sandstone, bronze, and dim wisps, as well as the machines to process them. Garnet Bay and Mala have turquoise, garnet, malachite, and viridian azulyte. Kerrl's lair (hopefully doesn't sell with plot repos) has the crystalshaper on level 0, first left.

The only difference in preference is that Genevia teleports to Bristugo only.
    I'll second this. Larger deposits of material at Genevia, and you're not 'competing' with new players on NT for the resources.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Nambroth View Post
    I'll second this. Larger deposits of material at Genevia, and you're not 'competing' with new players on NT for the resources.
    I agree, leave NT for the new players!
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Nuthala is also great for T1 if your lair is in a guild community

For all tiers, if I'm doing enough work, I just use my lair... One port from any racial city.

Really, as convenient as writing up a guide to making lairshaping materials is... it's all situational. It depends on what you're working on and how much coin your willing to pay. On how many silos there are. On how many silos are free. What type of disk you have. How convenient it is to port as many times as you need to. Ect, ect.

I very rarely use only one method/location for every single lairshaping task I have. I may make Imbued silver bars on only AI, or I may cart the silver from outside Chiconis.

Really, I think it's good that people are just posting ideas of good places, and individuals can figure out what works for them from there. There really can't be a set guide for this type of thing.
    <----clicky!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeap you got just about every t1 resource available in nuthala/pars area of kion, with complete ws. course it is guarded, but the port in pars goes to every settlement and brist.
    if you are doing those areas, pars is the place for t1 stuff...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information