Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Plot Reclamation Policy Discussion Thread

Default New Plot Reclamation Policy Discussion Thread

Thread for discussing the new plot reclamation policy doc:
    http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcv3hb6k_75dvrsndcw

Default Re: New Plot Reclamation Policy Discussion Thread

When is the list of "reclaimed" plots to be released?

In previous auctions this was published prior to the auctions, so that if any errors occurred, players could submit tickets to report that their plots were erroneously appearing on the list.

If someone has erroneously been placed on the list they would have received many emails telling them that one or more of their plots would be reclaimed. Anyone who has received that email by accident was asked to place in a support ticket in order to have the issue resolved.

Plots that will go up for auction will be announced in advance on the community site. Auctions will also last more than a 24 hour period in order to allow players an opportunity to place bids.

I can't log in using Vista. I got it to work once.. now it doesn't So.. I cancelled my sub and now I will lose my plot and everything in them. All because I can't play on a pc running Vista.

Guess my time in Istaria is over.

Was a great game.. met tons of wonderful people.. was the best game I ever played.

take care to all and best wishes

I would not be turned away so easily Shirewood! I have heard that after some Vista updates many players have been having better luck at logging in game (no more of the 1 in 15 times, or restarting 7 times in an hour in order to log in).

However, if that case does not apply to you we are hoping to see you again when a Vista compatibility is released to our players.

Enjoy your time away and we hope to see you again soon

During a support call to Microsoft about some system crashes I've been having with XP -- not related to Horizons/Istaria -- I was told that Vista SP2 is on the "horizon" and will address many incompatibility problems. Take that for what it's worth.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Question About the intended recipient of master plots. Say our guild enters the drawing (we meet all the requirements) can ANY guild member be the intended recipient or only the guild master?

Asking mostly due to account/subs etc if GM lacks an extra can he put another guild member as intended? if so do you need any proof/info about them to clarify they are in the guild and not abusing the option?

Thanks =)

All you would have to do is make the intended character a Guild Leader. The GL position is not an exclusive rank. You can have several in the guild, and I believe having that rank and an open plot slot are the only requirements for a character to own a master plot (aside from the guild itself being eligible).

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    All you would have to do is make the intended character a Guild Leader. The GL position is not an exclusive rank. You can have several in the guild, and I believe having that rank and an open plot slot are the only requirements for a character to own a master plot (aside from the guild itself being eligible).

Drev
    Virt is not refering to a title here when they say Guildmaster are they refering to the ONE top dog in the guild there can only be one.

The person whos name you can see if you press U for guildinfo.

Its the top guildleader/owner that counts here,

Correct Mairynn, this is so guilds don't own more then one guild community in the future. Or to let all guilds have a chance at a community before allowing some to have more then one community like we currently have.

If your guild doesn't own a community enter the drawing.

The request must come from the ONE Guild Master. The plot can be given to anyone who has Guild Leader status. If the Guild Master (one) owns a plot (non-guild community) that they do not want to give up, they can designate someone who has Guild Leader status as the owner of the new guild community plot.

But the request must come from ONE person (Guild Master), not multiple people.

When can we send in requests? And when will list be made?

Requests should be sent in as soon as possible. We will be beginning the drawings shortly after our reclamation and resizing process ends on August 5th.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; August 4th, 2008 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Requests should be sent in as soon as possible. We will beginning the drawings shortly after our reclamation and resizing process ends on August 5th.

How can we send in requests when we have to list in order our preferences to which communities we'd like if we win the lottery, when no list of guild communities that will be available has been published? Or have I missed the list?

Also WHERE do we sent this request? Via a ticket to support?

Smaug

I second that Smaug

Support tickets to 'Plots and Lairs' should be sent with all of the information needed for Guild community drawings. On the login page you will see a list of "Plots for Reclaim". Guild plots are listed as Guild:Community Name. They do not list whether they are the master plots, but you may always hop in game and see if the entire community has been reclaimed (that will give you a chance to scope out the region and see if you and your guild members will like it, your own virtual real estate hunt).
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; August 1st, 2008 at 10:09 PM.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i've been on those and they are way fun!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Amarië AncalÃ**mon View Post
    Support tickets to Land and Title should be sent with all of the information needed for Guild community drawings. On the login page you will see a list of "Plots for Reclaim". Guild plots are listed as Guild:Community Name. They do not list whether they are the master plots, but you may always hop in game and see if the entire community has been reclaimed (that will give you a chance to scope out the region and see if you and your guild members will like it, your own virtual real estate hunt).
    So only a guild town that EVERY plot is condemned and not owned is eligible for the lottery? If thats the case then from what I saw there is not a single community available.

I visited many of the ones listed on the relcaim list and every single one the master plot was owned (not condemned). Some were listed on the reclaim list (I saw this asked before but never saw an answer) but on the list even shows as OWNED not condemned, why?

Some I visited weren't even owned (masterplots) by the ones shown on the reclaim list. How is that possible?

Smaug

All plots that are on the list are set to be reclaimed. All of the reclaims and the order to swich a plot to 'condemned' did not apply at the same time, however if they are on the reclaim list you should expect them to be reclaimed.

If a community is owned by an active guild but the master plot is inactive we have given that guild the opportunity to get the master plot back so they may keep their community.
    There will be many communities that open up after reclaims because they are eligible for reclaim.

We will also be announcing communities that are available for drawing at least a week or 2 in advance. If you would prefer to wait until that day to send in your drawing requests you may, or you may go off of what is listed on the Plot Reclaims page (however please try your best to get your requests in at least a few days before drawings begin).

Please take note that just because a plot is going to be reclaimed does NOT mean it will be condemned. Condemning a plot is only done if that plot is under 1600m^2 and is unowned on all 3 shards so the plot may be resized. Reclaimed plots may show as "Owned:Community Name" until the drawing is completed.

"Please take note that just because a plot is going to be reclaimed does NOT mean it will be condemned. Condemning a plot is only done if that plot is under 1600m^2 and is unowned on all 3 shards so the plot may be resized."

Why then do I see plots in various communties well over 1600m^2 (like 44x46 and larger) owned by someone and listed as "condemned"? Does that mean even though its over the plot size stated its up for resizing?

Smaug

Thread Information