Thread: Permissions...need help

Default Permissions...need help

Scenario: non-guild community plot with a mix of shops, silos, connie, and Guild house. 4x Silos are public as are the shops. GH and all other silos are Guild Only, as is the connie.

Is it possible to use a friends list to allow specified players access to the connie, while still keeping other structures restricted as they are. GH and silos are still guild only, Shops and the 4x Silos are public, but the Connie is Guild only + Friends??

Thanks for any help on this.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Permissions...need help

Nope.

In order for someone to be granted access to a structure (storage, consigner, pawnbroker), they must pass both the plot permissions and the structure's permissions.

In other words, the loosest effective access restriction possible for a structure is the tightest of the plot's access level and the structure's access level.

Thanks Steelclaw...

Wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but had an inkling it was the case.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

No problem.

The plot permission system is one of those things I'd like to see redone some day. The current one makes it hard to have a "community oriented" plot that also has protected storage for guild members and friends.

Actually SC, I would like to see an association of "Guild Roster Status" mapped over to the "Guild Only" section of plots to keep new guild players from emptying out guild stocks and supplies unless they have rank in the guild that allows them access to "guild only" access.

That would be nice too.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Hmmm. Actually, I was able to give a "friends list" character access to my connie, and it (it was a dragon of indeterminate gender) was not able to access any of the private structures, but could access the machines. Not sure how I did it.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Oh, there are no access restrictions on machines, vaults or shrines. Just storage structures and NPCs you can trade with.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i wish we could mix guild and friend perms.....
    i would love to be able to maintain guild only access, but also be able to have a list of non-guild but still permitted peeps.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information