Awakening in his lair to the sound of water droplets hitting the floor echoing somewhere below, Mandu opens his eyes, focusing first upon his fiancées picture. “Agua….�

“My Blue� he thinks to himself with a smile as he stands, stretching a hindleg out and then the other followed by a distinct click of a joint.

Walking over to a storage container and opening it, he views a portion of the massive treats and rare foods accumulated for the feast at the reception. His tail swishing back and forth, an indicator of his approval (and then some) of the goodies he reaches for one, only to hesitate for a moment. “Nooo….. don’t touch� his conscious reminds him. Emitting a low growl he shuts the container and looks for something else to eat.

Finding a small marinated beef side, he scoops it up and slowly lumbers to the entrance of the lair. “Eyes so blue… Agua� talking to himself he bites off a portion of the soft meat. “Agua.�

Feeling the temperature change he makes one more complete upward turn along the ledge in the open spiral that places him at the entrance of the lair. “Morning… about sixty-eight degrees… a nice breeze… a few clouds… going to be a wonderful day� as he finishes the last of the beef side. “The evening shall be perfect for the wedding� he thinks as he stretches out his wings. “Agua…�

“I am in complete in control of my thoughts and emotions...
I am looking so very forward seeing my Blue coming down the isle (gives me scalebumps)...
I know my lines and responsibilities like the back of my paw...
I am alert and mentally sharp as a fighting claw...
I am ready...� Mandu recited like a mantra as he turned around to return to the lair oblivious to the open spiral hole he was stepping into.

Small birds near House Greyshire Lair paused briefly from their morning chattering interrupted by a faint howl that faded as quickly as it started…