Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Booooh!

Default Re: Booooh!

weellllll, Someone took snickel between her jaws, so I really think I better not say what it means lest she finds out what it is she took in her jaws.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Now will you stop it??? There is no dutch word 'snickel' -- no wonder, 'snickel' is a traditional gnomish female name and the dutch are somewhat short on female gnomes, I heard...

However, there seems to be a dutch word that sounds somewhat like 'snickel', but is spelled different. I suggest that you keep your dirty minds in check, dragons and non-dragons alike! [:P]
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

I looked up "snickel" in altavista.com's translator dutch-->english and it didn't find anything...
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Well the gnome is right, it is spelled slightly different.
    but using ck instead of kk is just a posh way of writing it.
    Its still the same word.

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    Well the gnome is right, it is spelled slightly different.
    but using ck instead of kk is just a posh way of writing it.
    Its still the same word.

Yeah, sure -- much like 'but' is just a posh way of writing 'butt'.... In gnomish 'snickel' means 'little crafty one' -- but the concept of different languages that use similar sounding words is obviously too much for a thick-skulled scaly sulphury-smelling fat-bottomed creature...
    [8o|]

fat-bottomed creature...
    Im not fat thank you very much.
    Im just big boned, thats all.

www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal
    Im not fat thank you very much.
    Im just big boned, thats all.
    you know -- in a way, you are kind of cute [;)]

cloud

so on the meaning of the word.... will you tell them or shal i cobal?[:D]

Quote Originally Posted by cloud
    so on the meaning of the word.... will you tell them or shal i cobal?[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    I already told it -- the meaning of 'snickel' is 'little crafty one', who cares if the dutch have a similar sounding word with different spelling?

Oh yeah, you do, I forgot. [:(]

By the way, 'cloud' sounds somewhat uncomplimentary. In german.

Most likely in a crafting field somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by snickel
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]cloud wrote: so on the meaning of the word.... will you tell them or shal i cobal?[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

I already told it -- the meaning of 'snickel' is 'little crafty one', who cares if the dutch have a similar sounding word with different spelling?

Oh yeah, you do, I forgot. [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img]

By the way, 'cloud' sounds somewhat uncomplimentary. In german.
    lol if you dont caer what names mean in different languages, why did you bring up his = P

Proud and loyal members of Battalion
    Xarii Ani - Dryad - Chaos shard
    Quazi Ani - Dragon - Chaos shard

cloud

well u explain to me whats wr9ong with cloud and i explain whats wrong with snickel:P

*spits snickel out of her mouth*
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Pero Salmon

Why are you looking at a dragon's bottom for? I wouldnt look at it too long a dragon might decide to sit on you.

Dragons are extremely majestic creatures that should be respected. I find alot of them are very cute, especially when their hatchlings. There coloration arespectular. They have great wing spawns that sour high in the sky.

Saying they have fat bottoms disrepectful to these amazing beautiful creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud
    well u explain to me whats wr9ong with cloud and i explain whats wrong with snickel[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    Nothing is wrong with snickel -- that's what I try to explain. For a name's meaning depends on the language it comes from -- not any other language. And since 'cloud' is not German and 'snickel' is not dutch, nothing is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Poony666

lol if you dont caer what names mean in different languages, why did you bring up his = P
    Because this was the only way I could think of to explain to him that the meaning of a name depends on its original langue. He was obviously not paying attention to this so I tried to get his attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero Salmon
    Why are you looking at a dragon's bottom for? I wouldnt look at it too long a dragon might decide to sit on you.

Dragons are extremely majestic creatures that should be respected. I find alot of them are very cute, especially when their hatchlings. There coloration arespectular. They have great wing spawns that sour high in the sky.

Saying they have fat bottoms disrepectful to these amazing beautiful creatures.
    Well, the first time I noticed a dragon's bottom was when one of them prepared to take flight and I was standing behind him. And believe me, that did look very funny.

Yes, dragons are amazing creatures, very impressive to look at. But so are the saris with their fur or the sslik with their colours and amazing headdresses. To my eyes, however, nothing is as amazing and awe-inspiring as a couple of gnomes working on a steam-spewing machine with many movable wheels and pistons...

Dont forget that some of these dragons make a sport of threatening to eat gnomes! So I think it is only fair that they for once are on the receiving end of an insult. Besides, its the truth: Their bottoms unmistakebly look fat....[:P]

*picks snickel up with one of her claws to eye levl* jsut dont go around saying that k?its just disrespectfull i have to agree jsut trust me when i say this dont say it because pvp is coming out soonand im sure if you say that a few draogns will hunt you down.
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Kirai

Quote Originally Posted by Poony666
    *laughs* A gnome is calling Dragons fat.....

Enough said...
    xD

Quote Originally Posted by venom-dragon7799
    *picks snickel up with one of her claws to eye levl* jsut dont go around saying that k?its just disrespectfull i have to agree jsut trust me when i say this dont say it because pvp is coming out soonand im sure if you say that a few draogns will hunt you down.
    PVP? Not really!? No, I don't believe that. Wishful thinking, thats what it is...

And as for respect -- how do you call it if someone threatens to hoard or eat you every now and then, he?? Some dragons have acted like that toward gnomes! And mind you that was well before I made the remark that got them huffing and puffing...

If you want to be treated with respect, give some respect. And -- for the Gods of Istaria's sake -- develop some humor! Even a lunus can do it...[:P]

Hey, get in there. Stop Squirming![:P]

*busily stuffs Snickel's squirming body down throat with front claws*

GULP!

Ah! much better. Gotta love that nice gnome flavor. Oops, gotta spit out the shell. PTOOOIE!!

*spits out a small pile of armor and weapons then pats belly contentedly*

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Thread Information