Thread: A dumb question about metal alloys

Default A dumb question about metal alloys

Either I suck at search function, or this question was not asked before, and I'm a bit puzzled as to why.

Looking through the list of alloys you have the following optimal skills:

Iron- 425 by itsef

Iron-520
    Nickle-650

Nickle-735
    Cobalt-875

Platinum-935
    Mithril-1075

Then you get:
    Mithril 1600
    Adamantium 1600

Huh? Why am I needing an outrageous skill to process mithril, an ore I've been processing for my last 20+ levels? IG I got the answers of,

"It's supposed to start out like that because all other T6 reqs (stone) is 1600."

No, Mithril is T5. It should not take T6 skill to process. Especially not when looking at the semi-pattern of the other alloys.

"Well it's T6, it's just supposed to be difficult"

That's an answer I can just accept as is, moreso than the other answer oddly enough. "It's supposed to be difficult". Seems odd to me though, that at the very optimal currently, these bars are 2:2 using a T5 metal.

Default Re: A dumb question about metal alloys

I take it you mean why Mithril requirement is so high when making Adamantium? In game speak would be, it is not the same as making Mithril bars. You must go thought a different process to mix the two metals and requires much greater skill.

OOC answer is: They want every thing to do with T6 very hard as there is no current plan to make a T7, and may never be.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    I take it you mean why Mithril requirement is so high when making Adamantium? In game speak would be, it is not the same as making Mithril bars. You must go thought a different process to mix the two metals and requires much greater skill.
    Right, but if that were true wouldn't it be 11 or 1200-something? More difficult than Mithril bar processing, but at least showing you have SOME skill in such matters.

Most do have ome skill but requires some teched scales.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Ah I see you point now. All the other lower tier metals have a slightly lower skill requirement. Must be just with them wanting it to be very difficult they did not want to make any of the skill requirement lower.

Thanks for the catch, Shian. The mithril should be at 1440 skill. We'll get it fixed as soon as possible.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

or it is a bug...

Woo hoo! No more two silos! Thanks ^_^

Thread Information