Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curse you nature!

Default Curse you nature!

It's been thundering/lightning the last two days. Yesterday I snuck on when there was a lull in the noise and was able to get my new craft hall to 90%. So close! >.<

At the same time though, just outside my window the sky was yellowish green o.O Bit wierd what a sunset+muggy clouds do, but maybe I've been playing this game too much. No matter how many pictures I took though, it wouldn't show up all too clearly.

Today, it's near sunset again-same strange green sky but as my computer has restarted itself twice, I'm thinking that's a huge clue not to play today.

I think it's a good idea to go outside for a little while. Maybe I'll find the blight spectre that's been causing this so I can get back to playing

Default Re: Curse you nature!

Awww I'm sorry hun.. Its been raining here, but not bad thunderstorms thank Gods.

The Ice Queen has Awaken!http://dragcave.net/user/Carsia

Ick I've always been fearful of green skies. When a tornado is about to hit the sky...even the very air itself will turn green, not unlike what we see in game, its very creepy.
    Speaking of sunset/rise and clouds I once woke up thinking my house was on fire because the sun was at just the right level that the light reflected off the clouds and gave everything a firey glow. It was really cool

That's one thing about laptops... power cuts don't usually matter. Of course your internet normally drops too, but at least your file system can't commit suicide lol.

Rakku

Send some of that rain my way! Arizona would be glad to take it off yer hands. =)

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

amen to that! my garden would love some free water....

here in mich, it reminds me of that sting song - heavy clouds but no rain!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    amen to that! my garden would love some free water....

here in mich, it reminds me of that sting song - heavy clouds but no rain!
    You can have some of mine if you like it hasn't stopped raining here for three days now ><
    Melanath- level 100 ADV/ 60 DCRA -
    Shas Mackard- Saris Berserker/Outfitter et al

For Lunus, for Dralk! Death before Dishonour!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanth View Post
    You can have some of mine if you like it hasn't stopped raining here for three days now ><
    It's raining here right now... positively battering the roof of the out house to pieces.

Rakku

*Sits in the crosshairs of Fay's path, her windows boarded and lawn chairs tied down*.

Hrmph! Rain, indeed.

(I feel for you, really. "Monsoons" are no fun. )
    Last edited by aine; August 18th, 2008 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    Send some of that rain my way! Arizona would be glad to take it off yer hands. =)
    Yes. Yes, we would.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Hope no one has been struck by any of the flooding in the UK atm (Ireland and York mostly I believe). Thankfully my parents are far enough away from York that they never get hit by it.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

we've had a mini-tornado in northern France, something we had never had before. It caused a lot of damage, homeless people, that lost anything valuable they had :/

Ugh sorry to hear that Zexoin, wherabouts in France was it?
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000 View Post
    Ugh sorry to hear that Zexoin, wherabouts in France was it?
    Northern France, about 80km south east of Lille. 3 people died and about 700 housings have been destroyed :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Northern France, about 80km south east of Lille. 3 people died and about 700 housings have been destroyed :/
    Blimey that's not good... at least houses can be rebuilt, but anyone dieing from a tornado this side of the atlantic is highly unusual. Hopefully it's just a freak of the weather.

Rakku

I don't think so Spirit, that IS global warming and the consequences of it. It will get worse with the time if the humans don't stop to pollute the planet sadly.

Over the years the nature catastrophes have increased, fires, floods, tornados, etc.

It is very unusal to have tornados in Europe, but because the temperature rises, the air gets warmer, and when cold air meets warm air = tornado...

Sigh, tornados freak me out since is saw the movie "Twister". I could not say how much I fear those things even I din't saw a real one. I don't want to see a real one...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

About 2 weeks ago, it was a saturday. I was watching some CSI-like show when BOOM-KAPOWWWWWWWW the storm began. I was like gah not agaiiinnn (5th storm in like 3 days) and continued watching TV. 5 mins later, I saw that there was water entering by the windows(the wind was pretty strong) I ran around and closed all the windows of the house and cleaned the floor. Then the phone rang. Our neighbors, who live in the basement, were being flooded! (im surprised cause, even though Montreal is an island, no flood ever happened here). My dad and I went to help them get the water out (1 hour of pain in the arms and back ). The neighbor called the police and they were like "we received hundreds of calls like yours so clean the water and call a inspector ".

During all that time, my mom was walking in the neighboorhood and came back only 1 hour after the rain began cause almost all streets were closed or flooded She had water up to her ankle

This happened a saturday. The following monday, I watched the evening news and guess what? Around 15 cm of rain in 30 mins!! This is the first time we got so much rain

And to say the meteorologists predicted the driest summer we ever saw...

All the east part of my city had the basements flooded, lots of problems with rats and bacteria, after that.

Weather is really.... unpredictable, this summer

Oh and one person was killed a few months ago cause a "tornado in the water" (dont remember the name) formed under one of our important bridges.
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFire View Post
    (im surprised cause, even though Montreal is an island, no flood ever happened here)
    Ahh you've had floods before... one in 1866 and 1869! http://cgi.ebay.com/APRIL-1869-~MONT...08031125r22015

and 1987... http://flickr.com/photos/johnjan99ca...7605690680955/

A few minutes on google. I live on a hill... sure-fire protection from flooding. I won't dispute that our weather is going Nuts due to human intervention though, because that's common sense to anyone except the professional sceptics and goverment officials. The latter's only doing something as part of a political vehicle ... disgusting.

Rakku

Ugh... Flooding, IMO is one of the worst natural disasters because it dosen't 'just go away'.

Snow? It melts and evaporates quickly. Tornado? Passes over so we can clean up. Earthquake same thing. Place quickly reverts to 'aftermath of disaster'

Flood?

I was in Italy for a time and one of the housing units and the bases flooded. It was so bad that the bases shut down for 4 days just to get people out of the housing unit and since there was no way to get back to work as that base was flooded... gee. >.<

Worst part yet, it was late November I think so all those people preparing for Christmas had to throw most thier belonging out. Anything that was on the ground- couch, TV you name it. It took and additional 4 days of going to clean out the houses and the other base before we could get to the back log of work. I'm a postal worker, so the work load in late November is bad enough, but when you're trying to catch up on 8 days, it was an absolute mess. Even after we cleaned up the houses, they still had to watch for mold, who knows what is in the floorboards now... I've decided I'm not going to live somewhere where it could flood. Give me snow storms anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I've decided I'm not going to live somewhere where it could flood. Give me snow storms anyday.
    wiiiiiiiii snow storms I LOVE snowwwwww =D actually this winter we had more than 5 snow storms (so 5 days with no school ). Last year we had none.... But actually snow is a pain, get up at 6am to shovel in front of the house, then at 7am the machines go by the street and throw all the snow on your entrance... (told ya they were eeevviiiillll)

doh I wasn't there so...
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

Thread Information