Thread: hello ppl

Default hello ppl

my online name is welshdemon and i have just started playingthis game.i think it is a very good game grapics could be better but overall i think there is loads to learn and do so i hope i enjoy it as much as i have with my other online game.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: hello ppl

welcome to horizons, as us old peeps call istaria, wel - so first thing i like to tell newcomers is that! horizons = istaria on forums and chat

second thing - please try searching for an answer on the forums (use the advanced search function, it gives better results, i find). while others may disagree with this strategy, i try to post in any/all threads i am interested in - then use the advanced search and do a username search for my nickname - can always find something related that i can at least post a plea for help!

third (and the one i sometimes have probs with to this day) - remember that this is a game, with lots of different players, each one with his/her own style of play and opinons on what is important. these opinons and styles will often, very very often, clash and conflict. this is a good thing - conflict makes us and the game stronger. of course, the down side is - it can all become very personal very quick. try not to inflame, or course, but more important to me is to not become inflamed. try to develop a thick skin, and think 3 times before posting something in passion.

fourth - try to remember this is a niche game. it has had a very rocky past (that us oldies remember too well), but it seems to be in very good hands now. however, those hands are relatively few. please feel free to post ideas for dev review (the gods assure us [and have shown us] they read the forums) but understand that they will not be able to jump on a solution immediately and perhaps not at all. if it is feasible, we will be told. if it is not, we will be told. if they are working on it, we will be told. if it is released, we will be told. most if not all of the gods are players as well, and suffer the same frustrations and inconveniences we do.

lastly - as always, it comes down to the golden rule - treat other players the way you want to be treated. most players are eager to be friendly and helpful. however, on the live shards at certain times of the day, the population can be large. have patience if you ask for help and no one answers immediately. wait a few moments and ask again, or switch chats and ask in a new room. type /who and find someone online who seems to be able to make what you need or answer your question. chances are, if they can't help you, they know someone who can.

glad to have you ingame, wel, and i hope you enjoy it as much as i do!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Welcome to Istaria

Which shard are you on? If it's Chaos then I'll probably see you there, anything I can do to help just give me a shout.

yes welcome to Istaria, hope ya have fun
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Welcome aboard! I play on the Chaos shard as Bamf Manfric and WearTheFoxHat, so hope to catch you on some time!

By the way, as Velveeta said there is lots of information on the forum, but make sure you check out the in-game chat channel "New Players" as well as the (unofficial) Istaria wiki

Have fun, see you in Istaria!

Thread Information