Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Revamp Results

Default Community Revamp Results

The world as you know it will look very different, if your world is Istaria that is.

In order to help make the transition as smooth and error free as possible when this particular delta goes to Live, I really need help of everyone who is willing to spend time testing this delta. And for me to be able to make fixes effectively and efficiently, I am going to ask that if you have information to share, please post it here. If you're reading the forum here, please don't submit a support ticket, in other words, about what you find. Please post here. I'll be able to edit those posts as I get to things to know that they are fixed. And if you speak to someone in game who finds a problem, encourage them to post here as well rather than submitting a support ticket. The more information that processes through this one central thread, the more effectively and efficiently we can coordinate testing and fixes.

With that said, here's what to look for and include.

Community Name evaluated. (If everything looks good to you in that community, feel free to post that so we know it's been looked at.)

Plots should all be a multiple of 5 on each side.

Plot markers should indicate this when you look at the details on the plot. Plot markers should also be pretty easy to find, with most of them on the edge of a plot adjacent to a road.

Roads should not go through plots. Nor should trees or other world objects. And all plots should be completely flat for building.

I believe the community window will accurately reflect the new sizes of the plots, though it will NOT show where roads that have been moved, or ground that is repainted is yet. (This is a known issue.)

The world map is definitely not updated to show any changes yet.

Please do NOT include in this thread comments about what a particular community may or may not need. Right now we are not taking suggestions for "beautification and improvement", as we're focused on just getting the basics set. (I will open a thread for those sorts of suggestions at some point after the basics go live and auctions are completed.)

Note that there ARE still plots in the world that are "crooked" (not parallel to N/s), and are undersized. If you find one of these, it is most likely not a bug, but owned on a shard somewhere and thus unable to be changed.

Please read through the thread as others post to keep duplicate information to a minimum. I appreciate the help tremendously. Thank you in advance for your time and effort to test it.

-Velea

Default Re: Community Revamp Results

Bristugo: 22175, 22562 - there's a huge dip in the road that you can't run through. You can go around it, but I think the gnomes need to fill in the pothole *edit* Also, at 22149, 22539 is a hole that you can get stuck in. I had to recall out.

Fixed the holes

Ambato: The layout looks good, all the plots are sized right and plot markers look ok. The plot survey window is messed up - it still shows the old plots, but when you mouse over them it shows (null) (null). Plus it shows the new plots as well, which results in a bunch of overlapping boxes in the survey window.

I'm not sure why this is happening to you. Maybe try clearing your world cache again? It looks fine to me.

*edit again* Ok Ambato has a problem after all - the plot with its marker at 28422, 15030 has hills at the eastern two corners of the plot which keep it from being flat - at least looking at the outline that pops up when you double-click the plot marker.
    Fixed, hill is all gone
    Last edited by Velea; August 19th, 2008 at 11:04 AM.

The Delta message says that plot areas have to be flat. How "flat" is "flat"? At Guild:Surin, about 2/3 of the plots have uneven edges (parts of the edge are higher than other parts), but the interior plot area itself looks flat. If these are problems, I can post the locs of the ones that I'm seeing, but didn't want to make a long list of plot locs if they are ok

I looked it over and made sure it's flat "enough". Everything should be fully buildable in that community, is what flat "enough" basically means. You should be able to run sections of 5M fence along the full length of the edge without a hill interfering, basically.
    Last edited by Velea; August 19th, 2008 at 11:05 AM.

Sable shor is gone according to the map where its spsota be at 21680 / 22835 just cedar trees.
    opps found it way west of there

In my case and I expect for all who visit the plot revamp on Blight, if you have visited any now-revamped area in the past, you will need to clear world cache in order to see a correct depiction of a plot survey now for any area which has been revamped.

Knossos

One of the middle plots in the village of Bristugo has a plot stone in the middle, it's near the destroyed gate.

I kept getting errors on community survey. Think the message was "you must be closer to a community". I screenied the message, if you need the exact details, I can get that for you. This occurred in Izzon Crest, lower Heart, King's Cross (Dalimond Heights)...and a few other places.

Oh, and I just noticed it today, apparently we've been looking at "COMDEMNED" plots and not condemned ones. The eye really does see what it expects to see.

Tirzah appears unchanged, you might want to make another pass on it.

Please remember that how much can be done in a community is limited to what plots are owned on all three servers. I looked at this community and did as much as I could.
    Last edited by Velea; August 19th, 2008 at 11:10 AM.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Plots should all be a multiple of 5 on each side.

Plot markers should indicate this when you look at the details on the plot. Plot markers should also be pretty easy to find, with most of them on the edge of a plot adjacent to a road.

Roads should not go through plots. Nor should trees or other world objects. And all plots should be completely flat for building.

I believe the community window will accurately reflect the new sizes of the plots, though it will NOT show where roads that have been moved, or ground that is repainted is yet. (This is a known issue.)
    Clearport:
    There is a 50x55 plot in the middle of Clearport that still looks like it is two plots in the world. (Shows up correct on the plot survey window)

If you mean that the brown dirt under plots was still split, then I fixed that. It really doesn't make a difference on how the plot can be used, just a visual issue. If, however, you mean that there's something wrong with building on the plot, please let me know because everything appears to be ok.

In the NW corner of the plot there is still "plot land" put down.

Got rid of this as well.

Nothing too obvious in Yewn, Crucita and Sem

Back Bay:
    The scaffolding for a new community gazebo in Back Bay overlaps with a plot nearby.

Fixed

I also looked at Frostwatch, Morathaven Granite Hills and Winter's Peak

I know this is not a matter we should be looking at, but I would assume that the strange community prices will all be re-leveled later. (1G 465s for a 45x50 and 111s for a 60x60)

Looking into this to be sure.
    Last edited by Velea; August 19th, 2008 at 11:21 AM.

South March is thoroughly hosed. None of the plot stones appear to be associated with the community. Resizing the community border slip-up or deleted the community management stone, perhaps? The southernmost plots which were all sub-par appear to have supposed to be deleted/merged/resized into 3 new ones but the plot terrain is kind of patchy, mixed grass and plot-dirt instead of the brown squares.

The lair in King's Cross (I think its supposed to be associated here, don't see any other lairs) is still listed with muchly shrunk Dalimond Ridge Gate though not within its borders. Attempting to bring up the community info on the King's Cross lair shows that "you are not near enough a community to use this feature".
    Well, seems NONE of the plots in King's Cross are associated with the community, has same problem as South March.

Have to consult a higher power on this one....

Drev
    Last edited by Velea; August 19th, 2008 at 11:23 AM.

In Vagrant's Rest, the plots don't have access to community management. In the new Vagrants Respite the 3 northern plots are squeezed rather tightly into the map in the community management screen and the lair is not even visible. There is a huge piece of land just south of the 3 northern plots that appears to be designated for a large plot, but it has no plot stone.

Leftover from 145 I believe: Central Valley only has 1 working plot and 1 Lair. The other 3 plots are laid out (brown squares) but have no plot stones.

Heart appears to have 4 plots laid out, but only two are valid and have plot stones. There is also a seam in the terrain at 22193/20500 on one of the non-active plots. The plot near the sandpile needs to be repainted.

Also requiring a higher power's input.

Drev
    Last edited by Velea; August 19th, 2008 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Clearport:
    There is a 50x55 plot in the middle of Clearport that still looks like it is two plots in the world. (Shows up correct on the plot survey window)

If you mean that the brown dirt under plots was still split, then I fixed that. It really doesn't make a difference on how the plot can be used, just a visual issue. If, however, you mean that there's something wrong with building on the plot, please let me know because everything appears to be ok.
    Errr... no was just a visual issue If someone was just looking arond the world and not using the community survey window, this would have given the false impression that this plot was smaller than it really is.

Add Lower Heart to the list of plot sets that don't have community management access.
    Add Izzon Crest, as well. Plus the plot stones on the east, west, and southern plots need to be moved from the backs of the plots to the fronts near the roads.

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; August 19th, 2008 at 11:54 AM.

Dalimond Outlands.

There is a left over dummy plot marker at 22809, 22835
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Ah just just looked at South March. OH my its a bit messy. hehe
    Community Survey shows plots over plots (the center ones) and other resize seems to be missing.
    Surveys shows the 6 along the water but on the land you see 3 or 4, hard to be exact as they are very patchy and seems there is at least 1 marker missing.
    Seems to be a similar problem in Heather, double entrance on the survey for certain plots.
    Took 2 pic of SM if that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Image, did you clear your world cache before doing any of this?

Things are looking good! (if a bit empty, but we'll fix that soon enough!). Here are a few things I noticed:

In Dikaina at 27081, 20255 the plot is not flat. It's at the bottom of a cliff, but the red plot outline creeps up the hill.

In Dikaina at 27237, 20005 and at 27189, 20005 the plots show as size 40x41 (not a multiple of 5). One of these is owned though so it probably can't be fixed.

Dikaina at 27190, 19862: plot is not quite flat, there are a few dimples around the edges.

Dikaina at 27150, 19791: plot is not quite flat, there are a few dimples around the edges. Also, the plot marker is right in the middle of the plot, not at the edge.

All fixed
    Last edited by Velea; August 19th, 2008 at 02:32 PM.
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good dipped in chocolate!" - Can't remember who

Heather
    Most of all it's plots are 52x52. Not a multiple of 5.
    Did you clear your world cache? Did you try to open one of the plots in particular and go to the Community list from there? Because they appear right to me.

Four Corners
    another two plots that are 62x62 These plots also needs their marker moved to closer to the road instead of up against a cliff face
    Fixed

Frost Boulder
    Same thing, 62x62 all markers not near road.
    Nothing I can do about this.

Morathaven
    Whoops.. missed it the first time. Plot marker on the two northern plots are somewhere in the middle-sih of the plot instead of the edge.

The plot nearest and south of that portal has the plot marker nearest to the portal instead of facing the "inside" of the community. Not sure which way it's supposed to be facing, but I would assume it to be more natural to have the plot markers facing inward.
    Looked at the markers on Genesis and they look ok. I'll check Blight to see why they aren't in the same place.

Valley of Repose

plot at 25807/35571 has a large chunk of it's corner hanging off the edge of a small incline.
    Fixed

all 3 plots at 25622 34630 plot marker not facing road
    Not totally sure what the problem is, they look to be on an edge to me.

Plot on east side of volcano all by it's lonesome needs marker moved
    Poor little plot is no longer little, though it is lonesome, and marker has been moved.

Plot at 26582/35320 might be uneven. It sure does not look flat...

The 60x60 in the eastern group's marker is not facing the road along with it's two other members.
    All fixed.
    Last edited by Velea; August 19th, 2008 at 04:51 PM.

Drift point looks okay but the plot markers are all facing South instead of towards the road.
    I'm not worrying about which way they are facing right now, just their location.
    <----clicky!

Carmo is looking pretty good. Here's the small problems:

• Dip on the east edge at 23739/14444 of a plot (Community ID: 76018, Plot ID: 2100876, Position: 23702/14459)

• Since the roads have been rerouted the lamps are in odd places. (They used to lead folks from the southern end of Carmo up to the center of town.)
      • Lamp 1 (Structure: 1027520, Position: 23662/14584) is stuck in a plot (Community ID: 76018, Plot ID: 2100949, Position: 23638/14613)
      • Lamp 2 (Structure: 1027521, Position: 23602/14540) is stuck in a plot (Community ID: 76018, Plot ID: 2100875, Position: 23640/14540)
      • Lamp 3 (Structure: 1027519, Position: 23713/14583) is stuck in the middle of a green space instead of lighting the roadway.
      • The lamp by the well is still in place and the southernmost lamp is still in place. The second southernmost lamp isn't on a road anymore, but it is kinda lighting the way to the southern lair now. A small dirt road to the lair going past the lamp could be added or the lamp needs to be moved over to the main road.

• Road access has been removed from the southern lair (Community ID: 76018, Plot ID: 2847562, Position: 23476/14712) and needs to be replaced. *see comment in lamp section
    • Road cluster needs tidying at 23867/14747
    • Road does not need to extend anymore past 23735/14827 (unless there are future plans to put a buildable tunnel through there to grant secondary access to the communities inside the caldara. *Ochre starts drooling!*)

• Missing: Northern sandpile and needs to be replaced (perhaps it can be replaced nearby, such at the end of the road at 24014/14826)

All in all it looks good and personally I can't wait to be able to repurchase my plots to rebuild some of our community's machine shops and our park! It looks like there might be enough room to build a large tavern in case the one at Last Stand disappears!

All modifications made.
    Last edited by Velea; August 20th, 2008 at 01:22 PM.
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Plot markers should also be pretty easy to find, with most of them on the edge of a plot adjacent to a road.
    Sorry, I took this as 'plot markers should be near a road so they will be easier to find'. I don't feel so guilty though as I wasn't the only one to read it that way

Thread Information