Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Dragon Murals: Screenshots

Default New Dragon Murals: Screenshots

By request.

Each dragon mural has a variant of 1 or 2. 1 being the blue background variant, 2 being the red background variant. In the interest of not overloading the forums with images, I have posted just one variant, but each screenshot is full sized so as not to detract any details that are in the mural. Please excuse the variations on cropping.

In the order on the plot screen window:

Blue Crystal

Dragon Circle (no variant)

Dragon Claw

Dragon Fire (no variant)

Dragon Scales

Dragon Scrolls

Dragon Skeletons

Forgot to take a picture... do you really need this one as we've been staring at the same one for the last few years? I'm sure you know what it looks like

Dragon Warriors

Drulkar's Fire

Moonrise

Red Crystal

Runes

Stars of Ellean

The Sleeper

Default Re: New Dragon Murals: Screenshots

Wow, thanks for getting this up Shian!

Who's the dragon on Moonrise? They're going to start seeing themselves around a lot more soon. XD

Also, the Dragon Claw one kinda doesn't fit the look of the other murals. But hey.
    <----clicky!

Actually, I was going to say the moonrise shot was the one that didn't belong. Maybe it's the pad in the foreground, but this dosen't say 'painting' to me. It screams 'I'm a screenshot'.

The sleeper is also a little difficult to see but might be this monitor. *squints* Maybe shoulda moved him out of the rift to a slightly lighter area for the photo op. Errr... enough of my nitpicking >.< They're pretty and a joy to have!

No more staring at depressing dead dragons in every chamber!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

thanx for posting these, shian! i appreciate it and i am 100% positive everyone else does too!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I absolutely adore them! (though I agree somewhat on the Moonrise one, gorgeous pic but not very... in keeping with the others) Thanks for this Shian!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Blargh cant see them from work, sigh.. have to wait until I get home =(

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    Wow, thanks for getting this up Shian!

Who's the dragon on Moonrise? They're going to start seeing themselves around a lot more soon. XD
    The dragon is Val .. I really only included "moonrise" when I first did the tapestries because I wanted some more blue to offset what was a predominantly red/yellow selection .. at that stage I had no idea they would be officially incorporated.

As to the claw - well - that is the big version of my avatar - hehe. It was also the basis for the old gold rage icon in the icon project set.

Anyhow - use which ones you like - a choice is a whole lot better than the option of one skeleton mural.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Worthy indeed, elder, and thrice so! Honour to thy deed!

And many may be the gains these limnings may bring. For if set with care about a lair, then the guidance of guest through path and wend might be more of ease... ' Take ye the tunnel that stands near Ellean's Stars, then the second cavern. If ye greet the Blue Crystal, then set step back one cave, for ye have walked too much of far...'

Sephiranoth. called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

Now at home ... *drools*

I love those murals.. bleh have to redesign my lair *grumble*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Most of the murals look excellent (I especially like the runes and 'Dragon Fire'), but I don't think the screenshot-looking ones really.. er.. belong. i.e the crystal ones and the Sleeper. It looks more like your dragon somehow got a hold of a camera and placed the photograph on a rock Maybe it's just me. *shrug*
    Last edited by Dremora; August 21st, 2008 at 12:57 PM.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dremora View Post
    It looks more like your dragon somehow got a hold of a camera and placed the photograph on a rock Maybe it's just me. *shrug*
    I was thinking that way too. I felt that with the Dragon Claw one in particular, though it seems like most thing Moonlight is less natural-looking. It looks like someone took a poster and stuck it to their lair wall, instead of carving something into the wall.
    <----clicky!

Those are sweet!! Can't wait to put some in my lair!!
    Blacknite - Chaos

Excellent !!! Thank you Shian !!!!

Most of the murals look excellent (I especially like the runes and 'Dragon Fire'), but I don't think the screenshot-looking ones really.. er.. belong. i.e the crystal ones and the Sleeper. It looks more like your dragon somehow got a hold of a camera and placed the photograph on a rock Maybe it's just me. *shrug*
    Perhaps, but others might like it. And if you don't want to use it, you aren't required.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Art, like death rays, telekenisis, petrification, anti-magic beams, and the occasional lightning bolt, is in the eyes of the beholder...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

When I look at the murals in the planning window, only about half of them show up - the others show up as outlines only. Makes it hard to preview them

Oooh - I love that they put the dragon designs inscribed on our floors - I love those - as well as some others.

Yup, gonna have to make some deadends in my lair....hehe.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Grrrr. I removed my standard issue mural from the wall of my lair in order to replace it with a newer model, only to discover that I cannot place any mural at all in that spot now. Has something changed regarding location/whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    When I look at the murals in the planning window, only about half of them show up - the others show up as outlines only. Makes it hard to preview them
    That is an unfortunate thing of the preview window. It rotates in a direction which shows the back half of the model first, which does not render a texture. If you wait a bit for it to rotate 180 degrees, you will be able to see the whole thing. It was never really meant to show models that only have one side when it was designed, I believe.

Nice work guys. I like the crystal ones, and of course all the tapestry ones. Don't forget there are other tapestries too :

http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...ies/index.html

I know some aren't necessarily appropriate, but I think the scholar reading the book would look ok in a library. The shimmering effects could possibly be made into something resembling a teleporter... stuff like that.

Thread Information