Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Dragon Murals: Screenshots

Default Re: New Dragon Murals: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Nambroth View Post
    The 'Reflections of the Future" mural is supposed to look like a hatchling peering into the Pool of Teeth, seeing its adult reflection. That part of the RoP always struck me as very powerful.
    That's exactly what I saw. I love it, it will go in my lair when I come back to horizons!
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Those new ones are nice. I like that they have a cave-painting feel to them.

Well done!

Solitaire gets credit for bling-ing up the gemdragon one! I had originally painted in gemstones, but they didn't show up well when it was actually applied. Solitaire took it a step above and made them 3D so that they sparkle as you go by!

The 'Reflections of the Future" mural is supposed to look like a hatchling peering into the Pool of Teeth, seeing its adult reflection. That part of the RoP always struck me as very powerful.
    That's what I saw it as too. =) It is a very emotional moment for a hatchling, I think.
    Exactly the kind of scene some dragons would love in their lair. (I know it'll be going into mine)

Wee! Oh yes oh yes! I must put these in my lair! I like the leaf, the reflections, the jeweled one, all of them! Gah! I love how the game is coming back to life and we're getting new things. It makes me all giddy and happy on the inside =3

Okay, when I saw 'Reflections of the Future', my reaction was 'Wow!'. So I composed a piece of music to reflect my impression of the artwork. Here is the YouTube URL (with permission from Nambroth, of course):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcZ2xiDFiZM

The sentiment and emotion in that mural is powerful. Kudos to Nambroth. She is truly amazing.

Beautiful piece of music, Ashtalon. I really loved it! And Nambroth, excellent work! Thank you for making these. Same to you Solitaire. Love that you put gems in the one. It's, by far, my favorite. Yay for sparkly things~!

Love the music! Is a very nice piece to listen to.

I hope to have some additional decorative items in the future that have more complex geometry than just those gems. I have a few ideas and one model that is "complete" that we want to use, but I was having trouble getting the client to accept it and let me place it in a lair. After the work on the labyrinth is done, I plan to revisit it and try again.

I'm also working on some new decorative items for biped plots. And for the artsy types out there, there is another festive season coming up in the near future that could use a bit o cheer for murals and the new biped decorations. *hint hint* Expect something official about it soon...

Nice! Can't wait to see the stuff you've got behind the curtains

Will have to keep an eye out for the stuff comming up 83 Maybe I'll give it a shot now that things aren't so busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtalon View Post
    Okay, when I saw 'Reflections of the Future', my reaction was 'Wow!'. So I composed a piece of music to reflect my impression of the artwork.
    Very nice piano playing. Unless that's fooled me and it's actually midi... I don't think so, though.
    <----clicky!

Very nice music, Ashtalon, especially between 3:45 and 5:00.

I love that Nambroth drew and then Ashtalon was inspired to compose music. Creativity is a wonderful thing.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Updating:
    Wink Of Winter's Dusk

Winter Dragon

Sapphire Eyes

Plaguebearer

Year Of The Phoenix

Slayer Of the Myloc Queen

Ice Dragon

Breath Of Ice

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

ooo i am so loving the wink, plaguebearer, ice dragon, and breath!! the rest, too, but those are awesome....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Those look amazing! How do you make them anyway?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    Those look amazing! How do you make them anyway?
    You build them in your lair like any other structure. A mural occupies an "endcap" space (those dark grey covering over connection points.)

If you mean like.. how do you make your own murals, that would involve overwriting a currently existing mural texture but even then only you would be able to see it. Any other player would still see what's normally in-game. Player murals do get added to the game, but they get submitted to contests and the like. In fact, most of the murals in Shian's post are from contests.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thread Information