Thread: As seen in Chaos report

Default As seen in Chaos report

Fluff...oh please...

I would love to be able to place those arches, vender/food tents and the small flowering plants...even what looked like a binding shrine (even if it didn't work)...

There are so many things already in the land of Istaria that would be nice if it was buildable on plots...benches, lamps, plants, etc...would be wonderful on the plot I would love to build...kind of like my own Park to Istaria (Plan is shaping up with these ideas...oh my!)
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: As seen in Chaos report

oooo i would love to have some kion lampposts to scatter around the palace grounds.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

nice idea, nice decorations

I would like to have flowers/flower beds or pots. Just seems sad that the best 'garden' I can do looks like a swamp...

a binding shrine or a mini-binding shrine is a neat idea ^^ I'd have to run away from the lamp posts though... You thought the lag for rendering simple things were bad, light sources inceases it by 4x or somesuch.

I would love lamp-posts even without the light... of course I'd also like to be able to play at more than 5fps after a ton of people all each add a ton of decorations.

It's a shame Istaria can't run a mix of pre-rendered objects and real-time rendered objects...

I spent some time in the Warhammer beta this weekend messing around just for the helluvit and I was amazed at how smoothly the game ran. Yes, it wasn't as "real" as Istaria's and Vanguard's graphics, etc., but OMG the high framerates were wonderful!!

But yes... I know alot of folks who would be very happy to see more in-game fluff for plots & lairs. The questions is how to achieve that without grinding everything to a halt when you run down the street.
    Last edited by Steele; August 25th, 2008 at 08:26 PM.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

I still wonder how the stuff got there on the pics, did the devs place live the things there? Patched them?

*puzzeled dragoness*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Most likely, the person who created the screenshots edited their local world cache to insert those objects. That or they took screenshots and then used Adobe Photoshop or some other photo-editing software to insert those images.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Awww decived! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Most likely, the person who created the screenshots edited their local world cache to insert those objects. That or they took screenshots and then used Adobe Photoshop or some other photo-editing software to insert those images.
    No, no... that's the super secret Tier VII stuff - it's so secret that even Amon doesn't know about it

Actually Amon, you made me laugh... as there is a picture with WM Amarie in the bunch there. I hope you were being sarcastic about using photoshop LOL

Yes LO and Amarie came by the area for the ceremony and decorated.

It was very pretty and nice of them to do that.

All the screenshots were taken by Flatspin.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I'd swear I've seen those flowers (white lilies?) before... maybe on the path from Bristugo to the Observatory?

The first time I noticed the ants crossing that road I laughed my arse off, and the butterflies and light streaming through the trees really made that area, I thought, one of the most peaceful looking areas I've ever seen in a game. I wish there were more areas like it; perhaps with varying themes/feels, but yeah.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

Reyem placed those earlier the same day the wedding was.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

I think Reyem did most or all of the decorating. All I did was drop a sound emitter that played the old Spirit Isle music.

Edit - D'oh for not reading the whole thread...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Ah... Gotcha.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information