Thread: Altering the startup splashscreen

Default Altering the startup splashscreen

Not actually a customization - but rather information on how to alter the startup splash screen ..

The splash screen is located in the horizons\resources\interface\themes\default\textur es\startup dir.

The file that shows is called HzSplash.bmp

It would appear that Vi is making it so that you can choose the splash screen of your choice as there are 16 different options in there .. but in the meantime if you change any of the splash_#.bmp files to HzSplash.bmp it should load that one instead of the dryad one that some people do not like so much.

Default Re: Altering the startup splashscreen

The ones Vhaz submitted dosen't have her name on them... maybe missed replying to the email? These are nifty ^^

I like yours Shian

i'm trying this, i like the splash_4 so i swapped the filenames, hope it works. lots of great choices there! :-)

I must be doing something wrong. Each time I restart the client, it reverts back to the dryad instead of the one I picked

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I must be doing something wrong. Each time I restart the client, it reverts back to the dryad instead of the one I picked
    if renaming dont works, put it in the override folder

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

oh sh...sugar and spice!!! :-( ENTROPY!!!
    by exchanging the filenames, it now overwrote the picture i liked with the dryad picture and i no longer have the original splash_4 picture. how can i get that picture back, and how can i get this to work?

Maybe doing a full scan at launch ?

Override won't work for startup splash screens, because it uses hard coded paths. [splash screen uses WIN32 API calls as it's shown before the file and resource managers are initialized]

I have a pending code change that uses random splash screens of the splash_*.bmp variety, so once that gets rolled out, you can add your own screens to the folder and add them to the rotation by simply renamign any bitmap to splash_????.bmp (doesn't have to be a number)

If I've communicated things correctly, this will be in a new folder $\resources\startup which will be on the no_delete list (so your additions won't get deleted)

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    The ones Vhaz submitted dosen't have her name on them... maybe missed replying to the email? These are nifty ^^
    I requested that my name not be on them.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

by exchanging the filenames, it now overwrote the picture i liked with the dryad picture and i no longer have the original splash_4 picture. how can i get that picture back, and how can i get this to work?
    well it appears i lost the splash_4 picture unless it gets reloaded at the next maintenance.
    now i'm trying to use the splash_6 picture... i saved splash_0 as splash_00, then saved a copy of splash_6 as splash_0. hopefully this will work since the HzSplash file keeps getting overwritten.

Mine all came back Try patching from blight and you hould get them all back. I think I'll copy them all to another folder so I don't lose them again.

When you are going to play on Blight you might want to take a look at the new startup splashscreen, it looks great!
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    When you are going to play on Blight you might want to take a look at the new startup splashscreen, it looks great!
    Wow o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Fridlekh View Post
    I have a pending code change that uses random splash screens of the splash_*.bmp variety, so once that gets rolled out, you can add your own screens to the folder and add them to the rotation by simply renamign any bitmap to splash_????.bmp (doesn't have to be a number)
    I would love something like this. I was actually just wondering if someone was going to work on a random splashscreen code right as I read your post.

And yes, anyone who has downloaded blight to their computer should have seen that splash screen by now. I would have assumed it would come with the most recent live delta but I guess not. I really like that one.
    <----clicky!

I need to pry the changes to the splash screens out of all the other changes to get pak files 'working' so it can be deployed already... sheesh. Someone remember to kick me on IRC until I get that done! Hopefully it can go in at the same time as the particle pool and recall crash fixes others are working on.

Thread Information