Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Istarian Wiki named mobs photo competition

Default Istarian Wiki named mobs photo competition

Hello everyone,

The Istaria Wiki has started to capture details on named mobs, and I thought it would be nice to include a lovely holiday snap of the friendly named mobs in their natural habitat i.e. doing their best to make us small, bloody piles on the ground

So - as a general challenge, it would be great if you could help out! The competition challenge is to take the nicest portrait you can off models that have serious personal-space issues and add a wiki entry for it. The current list of named creatures on the Istarian Wiki is located at:

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Named_Creatures

and an example of what an entry looks like is here:

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Gritus_Maximus

There is a good forum posting for named creatures/mobs here:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451

but I can't get to the complete list on the first post, not sure if there is another one.

The easiest way to add an entry is:
    1. Check the Named Creatures list to see if it has already been done;
    2. Track down the named mob you want to write about in-game;
    3. Take two screenshots - one that will make a lovely portrait for a page (the trick is getting them to smile nicely ), and another with the mob selected so you can get their rating/health/type in your screenshot (I have to do this because my toon is low-level and gets beaten up after about 3 hits so I need to port out, you uber-toons out there can probably not worry about running away!)
    4. Trim the screenshot of the mob to a nice size and save as a JPEG (.jpg);
    5. Go to the home page, enter the name of your friendly mob in the space provided and press the button "a Named Creature". This will provide a template that you can fill out;
    6. Fill out the text details you want to record and save the page;
    7. Once the page is saved, you should have a link in the right-hand side box that will let you upload your portrait

And that's it! I hope people have fun doing this - check my entry on Chompa for how many beetles I was running from at one stage to get his details Please post if you have any problems - don't worry about "making a mess" on the Wiki, it can all be fixed!

P.S. I chose "Named Creature" instead of "Named Mob" for new players who may not know what a "mob" is. Hope that doesn't confuse people, but I figured us "oldies" would know what that meant.

P.P.S. I set my graphic quality settings as high as possible for the pretty portraits, and reduced distance to not whack my less-than-uber PC.

Yours in Picture-Taking Istarian Fun,

StalePopcorn

(Bamf Manfric and WearTheFoxHat on Chaos)
    Last edited by StalePopcorn; September 1st, 2008 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Added info on creating a new article for a Named Creature

Default Re: Istarian Wiki named mobs photo competition

Oh and as an added bonus - please post what you captured, as well as how many Death Points you collected while doing it. I got three DPs last night saying hello to Chompa lol. Or maybe I'm just rubbish at this game
    Last edited by StalePopcorn; August 31st, 2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Comment

Found a list of named mobs (looks like a couple of years old however):

http://www.guildportal.com/ContentCo...ectionID=34990

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Tagath just got a couple screenshots of Nipper, level 33 named winter wolf. Where do I send them?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Lovely portraits of the following:

Spinebleed
    Harassa
    Lieutenant Borlak
    Grimey the Chieftan
    Ignot
    Pebbles
    Lord Urden
    Chibycon

No DPs! Score!!!

Tagath - Easiest way is to upload them to the Wiki - either follow the instructions below to add an entry, or go to the image upload page:

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Upload

and someone will attach them to content from there. Thankyou!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

wish we had started this a couple months ago - vel was on a royal hunt and would have been more than happy to get pix of gols and treants.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Said hello to Gully, the Iron Golem named mob. 1 DP *sigh* going to have to switch to Bamf Manfric for more photography, my poor little 28 Storm Disciple isn't quite up to the task This photo was taken just as he smacked me for 270 health. His next hit killed me lol
    Last edited by StalePopcorn; September 2nd, 2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Added URL

Rosey has her/it's picture in the rogue of scoundrels, as well as Lord Bar'Akath. I have become an expert at running away from critters, camera in hand. I feel like Paparazzi!

Were I not so busy with my crafting I'd help out and take a snapshot or two. XD It's significantly easier at 100; the mobs don't hurt, for one.
    <----clicky!

lol no good for me Fav - I've been playing since release, and my highest adventure level is 60! Now that I'm stopping to take photos, I can't see that speeding up to much

Another DP, but more photo fun:

Chatter
    Gersei
    Nipper
    Shikir

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

soon as i get into rehab for my big kahuna 2 addiction, i will be looking for photo ops with mw, stale!

looking forward to dying a couple times to get the perfect shot!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I'm actually quite enjoying taking the shots - it is *so* hard to work with these pretentious models! Take Chatter for example. Talk about complaints! "It's too cold... are we done yet... can I take a break... this club would look good embedded in your skull..." He just never stopped!

My photo tips so far:
    1. Find mob (sometimes a task in itself - thank goodness for map pack!)
    2. Separate mob from "friends"
    3. Drag mob to a good photo spot (I usually swap to first-person view, hot-keyed to CTRL-Enter for me so I'd remember)
    4. Survive long enough to take photo

I have "died" for my cause several times hehe

Stale, if there's any higher-end mobs you want paparazzi'd, let me know. I can handle the t5 ones. I just haven't gone out of my way to take any yet.
    <----clicky!

Pretty much all of them need their portrait's taken... my rating is 78 (60 SPR / 55 RVR / 55 CLR) so I'll be collecting about 40-50 DPs each T5 mob if I use that toon! This list is the best one I've seen. I've started to create stub pages for most of them, but definitely no photos lol

and BTW - happy 1,000th post Fav

ohh 1000 posts, and always had something good to say!
    Grats Fav. Do not stop posting
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hmm... maybe that link's just down, but it's not loading up for me.

Oh, and thanks. I noticed but I wasn't really going to make a big deal of it or anything...
    <----clicky!

oops sorry - try this link instead. forgot that copy-and-paste from site has ... in the middle!

Storm's Shadow joins the list of celebrities. Only one DP - very proud of that

Can you take screenies after dying?

Thanks for the link, by the way.
    <----clicky!

Thread Information