Thread: Music fixed!!!

Default Music fixed!!!

...kinda. They've cheated, removing the Char effects, hnce the Dralk music playes over the entire area. So, now my ambients can be fully used again. Tell me if there's 'dead areas' - areas with no ambients...

Default Re: Music fixed!!!

I thought I fixed the music a long time ago. x_X I guess there were roll-backs though, so I'm not sure when it might have been re-merged.

Interesting, I've been getting music in Dralk recently without too much trouble. Haven't really been paying attention, though... Since lately I've been doing mostly crafting while doing something else while mining nodes, so I'd need the sound effects up rather than music so I could hear when a node was done. But I thought the problem had been fixed, too.

Still, no char effects = less lag in Dralk. I swear, every time I go there I need to relog for lag purposes.
    <----clicky!

On the live servers the lava rumble has killed the music up until latest patches. Again, it's not really fixed; they've just removed the sound trigger or whatever that killed it...

I went to Char yesterday and I had the "lava rumble" north of Dralk. I had cleared my cache though, that could make the difference.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

The cause of the problem wasn't specific to any effect, and the fix didn't involve changing any sounds or removing any sounds or effects. It had to do with the load and unload distances not being handled correctly in regards to switching to new tracks. The port in to Dralk just happened to be at just the right distance from various sound emitters to trigger a really bad form of the bug. A different form of the same bug was the constantly re-starting music elsewhere in the world.

A different form of the same bug was the constantly re-starting music elsewhere in the world.
    And that's exactly why I've played with the music off for many years. But if its fixed I'll turn it back on. Might be nice to know what it sounds like.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

This bug is still there. If I bind in Dralk or start the game in Dralk or in town in NT, I get that bug until I hit another music trigger (zone, go near a machine away from town, etc) then it seems to right itself, which is a huge difference from back in the day when you got glitched, you were glitched till you restarted.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

My music still does what it always did haha--when I login, it just keeps playing the login music. If I enable combat music, it starts to play it and then won't ever stop playing combat music, even if I disable it again. So I just keep the music off because it never changes what music it plays, no matter what I do...
    Tchanel Rulskyl, Ancient of Order.
    Currently unable to return due to being poor.

Dralk is, indeed, fixed! I love the Dralk music, so this is really awesome. It's also nice not to have my music die all the time.

Thumbs up Re: Music fixed!!!

'Tis working correctly now in Dralk-Rakonar.
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

There's music in this game???????

Quote Originally Posted by Kryu View Post
    But if its fixed I'll turn it back on. Might be nice to know what it sounds like.
    I don't really listen to the music in-game, but I do have it on my mp3 player. Some of them are actually pretty good to listen to. I'm with you, though; if they can get things working properly in the music department I'll gladly turn it back on.
    <----clicky!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthas View Post
    There's music in this game???????
    If you go to your \Horizons\resources\sound folder, look in all the subfolers. There are several mp3s for the different songs that play while you're traversing Istaria.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

One of the beginner isle tunes is a favourite - 1st song I heard as I logged on for the 1st time. Plays when you're in town.

Correction-was fixed. Used to be able to hear music all the time, even when I went to dralk. But recently the bug has reoccured and now the music is gone once more. -___- Can the devs redo whatever it is they did before? Pretty please! ^^

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

I play with the music off anyways. XD Lets me listen to my own... if the in-game music isn't working, simply run the Horizons music using another program while you play the game.
    <----clicky!

Hehe yeaa the music is a bit wonky, some times it works just fine for a little while and then it seems to give up on me. Just went to youtube and played some music form there. Still though, I really do like the music in Istaria.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Fortunately, sound is one of the few core systems that they have full control over (or, as much control as Miles allows, anyway).

Drev

Thread Information