View Poll Results: Based on the troubles it gives Istarian players, Is Vista worth the trouble?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Vista is GREAT! I will find a way to make Istaria work.

6 8.22%
  • Yes, Vista is worth it but I keep XP around for Istaria

9 12.33%
  • No! Vista is evil and must be avoided.

40 54.79%
  • Chocolate covered Gnomes, because they are so tasty

18 24.66%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vista: Good or Evil?

Default Vista: Good or Evil?

Based on the troubles it gives Istarian players, Is Vista worth the trouble?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Default Re: Vista: Good or Evil?

Vista - almost enough to make it worth switching to Mac.

Almost.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Go, go, gadget Linux!

As an IT professional, I trully dread the day my clients will have to start purchasing and using Vista.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

vista is our doom ^^

Burn Vista! It's a witch!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Vista runs great for me. Never had any troubles. Most apps run just fine, a few you have to get patches for.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Anything that prevents you from playing the greatest game in da world (waves flag that says "go Istaria!") is pure evil. That said, I am glad I still don't have Vista. ^^

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Ive got no real problems with Vista other than i cant get it too run Hz. My computer knowledge is limited, ive tried all posted threads here i understand, to no avail. Vista is here to stay and plenty of folks with it would love to return from what i gleen from these forums, the next OS coming is going to be Vista based. Nothing on this planet will make microsoft throw away all the research and development that went into it, Hz has to find a fix for it running that any dumb gamer like myself can figure out, otherwise Istaria has a best before date on it, evetually there wont be enough xp people left to populate the world.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i chose option 1 - outside of horizons, i have never had a problem with vista. especially once i got used to the cancel or allow notice on everything (yes yes you can disable it, if you wish)........and i did find a way to make it work, until the game client or whatever needs doing is done......

vista is alright by me.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    i chose option 1 - outside of horizons, i have never had a problem with vista. especially once i got used to the cancel or allow notice on everything (yes yes you can disable it, if you wish)........and i did find a way to make it work, until the game client or whatever needs doing is done......

vista is alright by me.....
    Same here, except I disable UAC. Vista runs faster and more stable than XP, plus it has full support for all my hardware. Horizons is about the only game in my entire collection that doesn't work, and I have 75 installed right now. I think the oldest installed right now is Fallout 1, though possibly Commander Keen 1 (with DosBOX) might be older.

I can't answer this poll. I can't afford to buy Vista and I build my own machines.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

I had to do QA on a Vista machine while I was at THQ ... nothing is worth that headache. :P

GNOMES!!!

Yeah, not a Vista fan. I'm avoiding it as much as possible.
    <----clicky!

i am keeping my XP just for that reason. Vista sucks. i won't go to it.

In polls like these, you should specify whether or not you've used Vista and how long you've used it for in your responses.

Honestly, its been my experience that most people who hate Vista are just jumping on the bandwagon with the rest of the crowd, none of which have used Vista for more than a few minutes, or who learned about Vista from Apple's ads.

Well, let's see...

Keep XP and play Istaria.

Go to Vista, no play Istaria.

No brainer!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Bateluer View Post
    In polls like these, you should specify whether or not you've used Vista and how long you've used it for in your responses.

Honestly, its been my experience that most people who hate Vista are just jumping on the bandwagon with the rest of the crowd, none of which have used Vista for more than a few minutes, or who learned about Vista from Apple's ads.
    Used it for about 1 year, was extremely happy to finally remove it from my HDD.

I really like some of how Vista works... my main gripe with it is the almost non-stop hd accessing. I've disabled indexing and all that, but so much as install a new mouse driver and it'll spend a good 5 minutes making a restore point. XP did it almost immediately. It takes ages to patch itself, and I seriously wonder how long my hd will last under such conditions.

When it finally leaves the hd alone about 5 mins after switching on, it does work pretty well and I'd rather do work in Vista than Xp.

I especially like how you can organise photo folders with it, since I have 21gb of photography now.

Just recently my copy of MS Word has started saying "word.exe has stopped working" when I quit. I have little idea why, and there are no office patches more current than my installation.

Rakku

Thread Information