Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death System & Food

Default Re: Death System & Food

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Personally, I have rank 174.
    You're still getting experience and subject to death points regardless.

Exp is meaningless once you're in a 100 level class anyway, so it wouldn't matter if you didn't get exp, as you're not working to level 101 as 100 is currently the cap.

As such, an experience related death penalty would mean nothing to someone out hunting in a level 100 class.

Moreover, you do stop gaining exp altogether when your rating hits a certain number.

Quote Originally Posted by whosha View Post
    You're still getting experience and subject to death points regardless.
    I might be 'subject' to your proposed death point penalty, but I'm not AFFECTED by it.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

I think the point is trying to get across is that at rating 1, 50 100 ,200 or even 500 the current system hits every one equally and all levels will care equally. With your system a a lower level person who needs XP more will care more then a higher level person who does not need XP as much. Also your suggestion does not take into account dragons. As a level 100 Dragon adventure I can charge head first into any battle and care less if I die. I recall port back and just attack again as I can not ever use another point of XP. But under the current system I will in time have to stop as my stats will be so low as I could have trouble taking on a mob half my level or lower.

So his point is at higher levels, and to one race at high levels you idea has 0 bite or deterient to learn how to fight better which is what a death pentalty needs.

Oh and just so you know Kumu meant he does not listen to any player that says his or her idea MUST be implemeneted. Which I also agree with. Suggestions are welcome most just feel the "My idea is better then what the devs have come up with period." should be left at the door.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

seems like the best place current for this!!

(from the noob webcomix...)

you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    With your system a a lower level person who needs XP more will care more then a higher level person who does not need XP as much.

Not just that the Need is different.

Let's do 10 death points instead of 5.

At rank 90 with 10 dps, your effective rank would be 100. You could still kill level 90 mobs (your true rank) and get good experience.

At rank 10 with 10 dps, your effective rank would be 20. At rank 20, killing level 10 mobs (your true rank) gets you a LOT less experience. In fact, though I'm not sure, you might get 0 experience for killing level 10 mobs at rank 20.

That is my point. Lower levels are drastically more affected by this method than higher ranked characters. Once you are playing in a level 100 school, although you may be 'subjected' to the proposed death penalty, you are not 'affected' by it.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard

Sorry for going back in time ,

I Just read this form , I have to agree that the new system is not a balance. I wholeheartedly ,feel that the Dragons got the short end of the stick. How-ever ,we as the gifted, and in our everlasting struggle with the blight need to learn to adapt to the challenges ahead. To retrain and to learn. The new death point system I would like to see tweaked (Majorly) but that is not likely going to happen...

So instead of Wining about it Learn the combat system of the game attempt to master it .
    Instead of putting up your old trusty weapon … Retool, and fight on .

So far I would wonder what would happen IF a dev where to launch a raid what would happen...
    From what I have seen the True warrior Population has dwindled to but a scarce few, and yes even myself has thought of retiring my old battle armor for Crafting set. what would happen if the blight all of a sudden Invaded and took over bristugo without any protection the Hub of istaria would fall . Point is
    Just because something is challenging don’t run from it learn from it and fight on .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    So instead of Wining about it Learn the combat system of the game attempt to master it .
    I don't think Whosha was whining at all. He was just attempting to propose a different death point system.

From what I have seen the True warrior Population has dwindled to but a scarce few, ...
    I've disagreed with this before, and still do. On Chaos at least, there are many 'True Warriors' out there fighting daily. I think the change in Death Points and Death Penalty has affected far less people than you think.

Not just that the Need is different.

Let's do 10 death points instead of 5.

At rank 90 with 10 dps, your effective rank would be 100. You could still kill level 90 mobs (your true rank) and get good experience.

At rank 10 with 10 dps, your effective rank would be 20. At rank 20, killing level 10 mobs (your true rank) gets you a LOT less experience. In fact, though I'm not sure, you might get 0 experience for killing level 10 mobs at rank 20.

That is my point. Lower levels are drastically more affected by this method than higher ranked characters. Once you are playing in a level 100 school, although you may be 'subjected' to the proposed death penalty, you are not 'affected' by it.
    Third time is a charm. It will be relational/proportional to your rating.

Sorry for going back in time ,

I wholeheartedly ,feel that the Dragons got the short end of the stick.
    When has that not been the case.

Apparently not. You don't get it.

At rating 243 you don't GET any experience. Any number * 0 is still 0 which means your concept does nothing at all to hinder someone of such a rating. They could have 8 billion death points and not be affected at all. No matter what relational/proportional math you wanted to try to do.

Third time is a charm. It will be relational/proportional to your rating.
    You keep saying that it will be relational/proportional to your rating.
    Which is about what I'm saying, but in a very bad way.

At a rating of 10, with 10 dps (effective rating of 20) you would be getting only about 20%, if that of your experience. Like I said, I think that at rating 20 and killing rating 10 mobs, you may actually get no experience.

At a rating of 90, with 10 dps (effective rating of 100) you would still be getting about 85% maybe up to 95% of your normal experience.

You keep saying that it will be relational/proportional to your rating.
    Which is about what I'm saying, but in a very bad way.

At a rating of 10, with 10 dps (effective rating of 20) you would be getting only about 20%, if that of your experience. Like I said, I think that at rating 20 and killing rating 10 mobs, you may actually get no experience.

At a rating of 90, with 10 dps (effective rating of 100) you would still be getting about 20%, if that of your experience. Like I said, I think that at rating 100 and killing rating 90 mobs, you may actually get no experience.
    I like your perseverance and participation so I'll help you understand what proportional means even though I already said it three times.

I'll help you understand what proportional means even though I already said it three times.
    I understand what proportional means. Please don't treat me like a child.

I understand what proportional means. Please don't treat me like a child.
    I know you didn't read my last post at all because you would have responded differently.

"Skimming should be illegal"

I know you didn't read my last post at all because you would have responded differently.

"Skimming should be illegal"
    Then you know wrong. I did read your last post, every word. And I responded just as I did after reading it.

So far I would wonder what would happen IF a dev where to launch a raid what would happen...
    From what I have seen the True warrior Population has dwindled to but a scarce few, and yes even myself has thought of retiring my old battle armor for Crafting set. what would happen if the blight all of a sudden Invaded and took over bristugo without any protection the Hub of istaria would fall . .
    I have a feeling that if a place like bristugo was raided and it was known to be an attempt at a takeover, everyone awake would come help fight. Wouldn't need many true warroirs, just sheer numbers and raw power as is the Ageis' tactic. Yes, we'd all end up back at the crafting block for a few weeks but if something that serious were to happen, I don't think many would be worried about DP.

This proposed system also does not take into account the 'harder' levels. The ones where you are already gaining less xp as it is because you are too high for one tier, but too low for your next one as you do not have the correct armor. For dragons this is 16-19, 36-39, 56-59 and 76-79 and would end up looking something like GalemThrawn's math. Very jumpy.

He or she is using an example of how this proposal would modify the current system in place. As I stated before this is not a modification this is a revamp. In which case his example does not reflect a discussion on this proposal. It has already been stated that the rate of experience gain is relational or proportional to your rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    This proposed system also does not take into account the 'harder' levels. The ones where you are already gaining less xp as it is because you are too high for one tier, but too low for your next one as you do not have the correct armor. For dragons this is 16-19, 36-39, 56-59 and 76-79 and would end up looking something like GalemThrawn's math. Very jumpy.
    I am intentionally not addressing the part of my proposal that handles exceptional characters. This will be revealed at a later date in a new thread after more constructive criticism is made in this thread. Please focus on the topic as it has been presented in the original post for discussion.

He or she is using an example of how this proposal would modify the current system in place. As I stated before this is not a modification this is a revamp. In which case his example does not reflect a discussion on this proposal. It has already been stated that the rate of experience gain is relational or proportional to your rating.
    So, you are not just proposing a revamp of the Death Point/Penalty, you are also recommending a revamp of the whole rate of experience gain?

Let's simply go back to your opening words:
    Purpose:

To discourage players from reckless (Rambo style) fighting in the
    world of Istaria...
    Your method does NOT discourage this for level 100 Dragons, players in a level 100 school, or for the few players with a rating of 243+. Rather, this proposal may encourage level 100 Dragons to fight more Rambo style. Jump in there as a powerhouse damage dealer, die, get rezzed, continue fighting, die 100 times, suffer no penalty and keep right on fighting after every rez.

Thread Information