Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering selling a Boar Hide Mask

Default Considering selling a Boar Hide Mask

Well I can't believe I'm considering this, but given the increases to plot and lair prices I'm now giving it some serious thought.

What should I do? Leave my dryad event collection completely intact (I have all items including the wands and scrolls), or part with one of the most favoured items in the game in exchange for cold hard cash to use for auction bids? I didn't bring a large fortune across from Unity and a lot of money has been spent on new confectioner formulas so I do need to come up with some sort of money-spinner if I'm wanting my old home back!

So firstly what should I be looking for in terms of a fair price for a boar hide mask in today's economy on Chaos? I've had some suggestions from people I know in-game, but in reality an item is only worth what people who want it are actually willing to pay.

More importantly, who is interested in buying the mask? I mean, if people are waiting in anticipation of the auctions, then spending money on a BHM is going to be low on the priority list. In a way I almost hope that no-one wants to buy it so I can keep the dryad event collection intact but I wouldn't be posting here if I wasn't seriously considering selling it.

Default Re: Considering selling a Boar Hide Mask

I'm pretty sure it will sell. I'd love to buy it, but I'm sure I'd be outbid by large amounts.

However, I am responding to say that I'm interested in seeing all the items from that event. Not to buy them, but just to see them.

Could you contact me in-game one day if you see me on?
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

What do you mean see them??? You mean link I assume

If I were you I would leave the collection intact. Wait a while to save/earn money another way, plots and layers will be there now and in a few months they still will be there.
    But if you sell your mask it is lost for you forever.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I would never ever sell it.
    Think it over.
    It´s one of the rares, that will become a legend one day^^
    As Sigi said-there will always be a plot...
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I have a collection of rare items both useful and mundane from Istaria's history that could be compared to Takora's own, the problem is deciding what to part with in order to allow myself to have at least a reasonable chance of securing my old plot during the up-coming auctions.

Primal Flash technique, spirit webbing technique (it's a dryad event item but I already have one scribed so technically I wouldn't be breaking that collection by selling the unscribed tech), veteran dark garnet crystal, the very unique Shoulder Bessie (only two were ever awarded, one on Chaos and one on Unity), to name but a few trinkets that could be considered viable alternatives to sell instead of the BHM. I've also got a few PMs to check and respond to, so maybe something can be worked out that will alleviate the need for a quick sale.

One thing I will make clear to those who have sent messages with private bids - if there's going to be a bidding war for a BHM it will be a public auction. It definitely will not be one of these unfair cloak and dagger / behind the scenes auctions where no-one really knows if the seller has integrity.

Oh I am mentioned :P Hehe I speak as a collector to you, I would personally not for all mithrill coins of the world destroy a collection. If you have something double, I think some people would kill for the primal flash and spirit webbing tech, that stuff you can sure sell for good coin.

And as lov said, plots are plenty around, and if you think you can't find a plot on Chaos, come to Order, we have much plots. ;P

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Shoulder Bessie?

OK, now you have me interested.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

In this game that item is going to be rarer than a 100X100 or larger plot. If i were you I wouldnt sell. it will serve you better in your use and collection.

This is however one of those items you *can* say WTS Boars Hide Mask minimum bid... 500g or higher. or just say WTT for 90X90 plot or larger with novians. Its that rare, its that good.

Just stuff to keep in mind. As for buyers, anyone will want to buy that. Anyone.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Shoulder Bessie?

OK, now you have me interested.
    Selling bessie to LO would be very cruel, he would make out of her a BBQ!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i have to agree with almost everyone else, tza - a collection of rares will not be redoable.

i wish you were on blight, i would gladly give you whatever amount of coin you needed for the plot you desire........

did you say you are guildless? no friends to loan you the extra coin? back in my day (granted, a long time ago), we would have 'rent parties'.....all my low rent friends would come by with a 12 pack, a bag of munchies, and a couple bucks. everyone would get high, get terrible snax, and donate the cash to the rent fund.

you would be surprised at how much cashy money 10 or 20 good friends who like to party with each other can come up with.....go hunting for a few little door prizes and boogy down!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I've decided I won't be selling the boar hide mask. Instead I'm putting up a few rarities for sale.

If anyone is interested in the following items then make an offer here, I can arrange to log in early in the morning to meet up with people who play when I'm getting ready for work.

Techniques:
    Primal Flash
    Defense: Spirit Webbing

Spells:
    Revitalize V (Heal Recycle III, Potency V, Heal Increase V)
    Improved Revitalize V (Heal Recycle III, Potency V, Heal Increase V)

Crystals:
    Veteran Dark Garnet Weapon Crystal

I'm going to have a look for other items that may be desirable, but for now those are the items that I'm going to try to sell.

Heh wish I had coin for that primal flash... but only have a couple gold

Soraii

This thread, and posts in some others, makes me realize, that like in RL,
    there are those who have (lots of) coin, and those who have not (or only few).^^

Those wealthy ones deserve it- no doubt!.
    They worked hard for that, and saved money.

This is NO complain(!), but I think, those who came from Unity, are more often broke, than others. For different reasons. And yes, we had the chance to collect money since transfer. But there were a lot of other things to do first^^
    ( talking about Flame and me- can`t speak for others)

I really would like to buy a plot in Mia`s- pay for a second acc.
    This 1 g what I own would not be enough I assume
    But it`s alright- even after auctions, there will be plots.

And I`m happy with your decision, Tzael.
    The other things you offer, are very precious too!!
    Good luck!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Alright,

I put in an offer of 70g for the Primal Flash Tech.

Goog

Quote Originally Posted by Goog
    Alright,

I put in an offer of 70g for the Primal Flash Tech.

Goog
    I'd have started around 20 and worked my way up, esp. since it appears most players are hanging onto their coin.

Ya, your right. Okay, I change my offer to 20g.

Part of me hopes tzael doesnt sell Primal Flash for less than a few 100g, cant get it again. Not quite as good as a boars mask or some of the other dragon techs, but not bad.

Those spells I already bid on in game. What does spirit webbing do? I might bid on that. I'll just say a few gold for now to show interest.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze
    What does spirit webbing do? I might bid on that. I'll just say a few gold for now to show interest.

Spirit webbing is techable on a few items of biped gear which provides some small increase to ethereal protection.

I can't remember now (I'd have to look at the tech later) to see the amount of increase.

i think it was +2 per tech.

Thread Information