Thread: just become a druid need advice

Default just become a druid need advice

hi ppl i would like some advice on being a druid what is the best way to put training points.this is the one area where i am thinking about.
    so i would like your opions please

Default Re: just become a druid need advice

i took it as a secondary class so i'm not sure where points work best for it as a primary class. nature skill is most obvious... since they can throw buff spells (gifts, enhances, etc.), you may wish to put some points into augmentation. a few points to focus & power to help with hits & damage with spells could be useful too.

if you plan to use melee attacks as much or more than spells, then you should put some points in either 1 or 2 hand crush. they only get to wear hide/leather armor, so adding to the evasion skill might be helpful too.

good luck!

Yes, I'd hit Nature and Evasion for points. Extra nature should give you access to heal spells earlier as well, which is nice Most of the Druid info on the Wiki has been added now.

I would not forget power because (unless I am seriously mistaken ) that affects your best "weapon" Cloak of Thorns. It will also give you better spell damage.

Nature - for increased damage, and to be able to use tech'ed spells at the level you get access to it, instead of having to wait for your nature skill to get high enough.
    My two mains both have Nature skill around 1150 as lvl 100 druid/shamans to be able to use all nature spells fully T5 tech'ed and to get some extra power and "to hit" to the spells
    Power - Increased damage
    Focus - "To hit" (for spells), and also increases the effect of heal spells.

Don't really need to put points anywhere else as I see it. :-)
    Last edited by Spirit Twister; September 18th, 2008 at 09:31 PM.

If I was a druid I would put my training points into block/parry and health.......
    But if you wanted too putting it into nature isnt a bad option as well since it will help with getting teched spells earlier. Increase your focus and power with becomming a spellcrafter....but that's my 2 cents

A druid is still a spell caster, just of different types of spells. The focus and power are important because they are more effective at adding to the to hit and how hard they hit of the spells. if your focus is high, your stun spells will hit more often, thus not needing the block/parry as much.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

better forget about the block and parry and evasion, you actually want the mobs to hit you (cloak of thorns).

when leveling up, perhaps full power and nature would be the way to go...
    nature skill allready does a great deal for less missing with nature spells and a bit added damage, and power as val says is most important for your cloak of thorns.

anyone knows how much focus does for healing spells? healing yourself is also pretty important when using COT.

Focus: Increases chance to hit with magical attacks, and decreases chance to be hit by magical attacks. It is 1/3 as effective in these roles than casting and magic defense (which is being renamed to magic evasion) skills. Also increases friendly healing spell amounts by 1/2 as much as does the casting skill for the healing spell (usually Life).
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Thread Information