Thread: Constructed Paths

Default Constructed Paths

The stone walkways are too limited and time consuming to place I think. They don't look so good in many situations and only come in that one color.

It would be so much better to be able to place paths that give road bonus and serve a purpose; especially if the paths blended in like the roads do and have curves, etc. The blended-in look would make them easy to place unlike the stone walkway that shows every pixel they are out of alignment.

I guess you'd need different colors to match snow and dirt plots and it would be fantastic if the footprint was as small as possible. They could aid the over-all plot design and functionality by providing faster paths for hauling materials around.

Default Re: Constructed Paths

Problem with the road bonus is it is based on a terrain layer, not world objects, which the constructed pathways are. The pathways would have to be redone as actual terrain, and then a terrain painting component would have to be added to the plot planning system. This would also allow you to repaint the brown dirt as green "lawns", etc.

I fear the work/payoff ratio wouldn't be large enough to bother with, though. At least not right now.

Drev

Kinda off topic as it doesn't speciafically deal with road bonus...but...

I think it would be nice if we had a different color of walkways...Grass Green and without the gride lines so it can look like we put sod down. Would be a nice touch I think...
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    Problem with the road bonus is it is based on a terrain layer, not world objects, which the constructed pathways are.
    There had been talk, or at minimum it has been suggested, to have the entirety of plots be granted road bonus - similar to how Dragon lairs now are... that would solve the problem of not having road bonus, at least.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    There had been talk, or at minimum it has been suggested, to have the entirety of plots be granted road bonus - similar to how Dragon lairs now are... that would solve the problem of not having road bonus, at least.
    Aye, I've suggested this before and would love to see it implemented. Most folks don't bother with walkways, they're hard to plan, hard to lay out right, and they slow the load time down significantly, particularly where you've had to overlap the sections to get a good fit.

If anyone's interested in checking out pathways on a pretty 'open', but comprehensive plot layout, please visit my plot, Westonville, in Jeanne. To get there (a nice little jaunt), take the Shepherd's Mountain: TROY portal from Bristugo, and go generally EAST along the mountain face. When you get to a Sandpile, Well, and Lamppost.. you are there!!

Weston
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

THe simple solution (as someone may have stated by now) to this is any area that is zoned for construction (a plot, lair) should give a road bonus whether or not it's developed... the ground is packed and flat and ready to be built on.. and when you break ground and build something, the area is even further improved.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Thread Information