Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horizons Original Concept

Realm of Order [Elsewhere: Los Angeles or Wesley Chapel]

Default Horizons Original Concept

I saw this and was shocked of what this game was supposed to be.
    The original concept by the original creator was innovative on so many levels. Having kids for example and aging. Plus and underwater race..wow.

Moderator edit: External link removed; I apologize, but links to outside sites, especially with zip files, are not allowed.

Last edited by Velea; September 23rd, 2008 at 12:52 AM. Reason: changed RAR file to ZIP file
    j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

Default Re: Horizons Original Concept

http://bristugo.com/ has tons of old concept art and pictures from the alpha, beta and such.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

the original concept has been awesome

no lvls and a lot of races ^^

maybe in some years a new game will go live with similar features like in the old horizons from 2001

and the descriptions are at Old Horizons race descriptions

Also, I found a sight that shows the blood wars originally conceived (I think) for the PvP concept back then... Races, alignments and blood feuds
    which is an excerpt from the Gamespy Preview of 2001

I think this might be the information you were talking about from 2001.

Now THAT is a dragon...

oh yes ^^

and a great racial war concept

I like how the original concept was PvP instead of Players vs Aegis.

Not that I have a problem with the lack of PvP in Istaria, it would be a nice (optional) concept. (even though this has already been said 'no, not happening anytime soon, if ever')

The whole aging/children thing sounds rather irritating, so I'm glad that wasn't implemented, but there are so many hopes and dreams in this that I can't help but want to make them come true. Same with the races we didn't get - I can't imagine Istaria WITH them, at least, not as it is now.

Hmm, if I wasn't wanting to avoid the US at all costs, applying for work at VI might be fun. XD;

The initial concept is so breathtaking and inspiring! Not saying Istaria lacks that, but it's almost a shell in comparison.

well you can always go in the Arena if you want PvP, Hrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrough View Post
    The initial concept is so breathtaking and inspiring! Not saying Istaria lacks that, but it's almost a shell in comparison.
    That's because David Allen never let his ideas be limited by boring things like practicality, playability, his budget, or whether the technology he was using was actually able to do that...

If you read some of the interviews with him, circa 2000, time and again you'll see people asking if the game would have some feature or another, and his answer was always "Yes". The guy had some really great ideas, but the game he was describing would probably cost more than WoW and Vanguard put together, assuming it ever made it to launch.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Even David Allen's new project "Alganon" seems to always be put on hold or coming soon. I feel it may never make it to market.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrough View Post
    The whole aging/children thing sounds rather irritating, so I'm glad that wasn't implemented,
    I would have loved to have started out as a Saris kitten and to grow up while gaining levels

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Even David Allen's new project "Alganon" seems to always be put on hold or coming soon. I feel it may never make it to market.
    David Allen couldn't finish breakfast let alone a project...

The dragons are perhaps what many people will flock to as a playable character in Horizons, but they take a long time to grow, eight years to even fly
    OMG can you just imagine if you really had to wait EIGHT YEARS to fly! And I really really hope they where talking rl time and not ingame time....... otherwise you might as well tear off the "log off" button. >> <<

Saris: Half cat, half elf
    ......They are part elf? o.o

Vampires: Blood sucking minions of evil. You know them, you love them, now you too can hunt and drink your victims. Better get ready to do that a lot though or else you'll revert back to your natural form. In that state, you'll be seen for what you are and killed in your weakened state.
    "I love people! They're like happy meals with legs."
    Shame they didn't make it in the end. I would totally try this race out alongside with my dragon. I think it is the transformation when you don't get your daily serving of blood is what makes it really unique. That and the fact you can probably mingle with the other races, pick some poor sap as a potential meal, lead him into a false sense of security, and then ....crunch. And I know exactly what to call him. William. ^^ Kudos to you if you know why.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    OMG can you just imagine if you really had to wait EIGHT YEARS to fly! And I really really hope they where talking rl time and not ingame time....... otherwise you might as well tear off the "log off" button. >> <<
    Well I play since 5 years, so 3 more years would be nothing against that. hehe

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

*paws dragon,demon,lamurian, and vampire* I want one!!! can i get a special shoulder pet order:P The robing on the demon and the armor scales on the dragon look awsome.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    David Allen couldn't finish breakfast let alone a project...
    He finished Mordor and Demise (even though he abandoned Demise to be taken care of by the community) and I think their level cap is 999 or something insane like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    ......They are part elf? o.o
    Mordor and Demise had Saris, but they had no cat in them. From the Demise help system:
    The Saris, which are distant relatives of the Elves that have shifted to a more human-like race, are extremely dexterous and are mostly found in the Thief's guild. They also make marginal spell-casters and are almost completely resistant to Electrical and Mind attacks, and have the best eyesight in the game next to the Troll.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Quote Originally Posted by Tathar View Post
    He finished Mordor and Demise (even though he abandoned Demise to be taken care of by the community) and I think their level cap is 999 or something insane like that.
    And a stopped clock is right twice a day.

LOL even mounts! XD

and its still a great game, for all who know how to play it!
    And we all still here - (10 years ago those elves were planned)

And a big THANK YOU to those who made and still make that possible.

Lets party
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Holy Zombie Threads!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information