Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: health potions

Default health potions

hi i would like to make a suggestion and i do not know if this has been aske dbefore.
    but i would like to suggest having health potions in th egame why well i have played many mmmorpg games and they all have had hp potions in them what i mean by this is that when u are fighting and your hp goes down u click on your hp potion hotkey and u restore your hp why is this good .
    well i like to fight two or more mobs and also like to fight and fight and fight but sometimes alone as i am low lvl and most of my guild mates are hgh lvl so when i fight a mob my lvl i have to sit and regen my hp but if i had hpo pots i would just click and restore it.in the games i ahve played you have brought them from the wizards or herbalists. so please like i say i know this will not happen as the devs have a lot to do but it would be very kool if they would look into it
    thnks welshdemon

Default Re: health potions

If you take 1 or 2 levels of Cleric, you can get some revitalize spells that, from what I've seen, can be used no matter what class you then change to. They won't heal you much but they'll work basically the same as a potion, but without needing to add things to the game.
    Tchanel Rulskyl, Ancient of Order.
    Currently unable to return due to being poor.

yeah agree with that but they do not heal enough until u get hgh lvl then it does.

Hiya Welshie

I'll make you some Granny Nuffle's Festival Punch when I'm next logged in, it offers a heal over time effect which you may find helpful. Not quite a health potion but close enough!

Also worth picking up some bolster health potions from your friendly alchemists, they're not healing potions but will boost your maximum health, give you a bit more of an edge in combat.

See you in-game over the weekend I hope

*pelts Welsh with some snowballs*
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Health pots were resisted very strongly because the developers felt that they would negate the need for a dedicated healer class in a group.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Health pots were resisted very strongly because the developers felt that they would negate the need for a dedicated healer class in a group.
    I agree with that concern.

Also, having health potions would turn the whole game into one of "pot spamming".
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

But it would be great, if I could buy all these phantastic potions, that are ingame *stands at Augh consi, pocked full of coins and sighs*
    " Again, no food , no special potions"

(at least, health, amor, Vestia`s, and stone reaping. Thy for that )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

*agrees with Lovwyrm and nudges the alchemists of Order*
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

ah i see now why the devs did not what to do potions fair enough thnks for the input though

Actually I agree with Welshdemon.. this is another example of changeophobia. A healer (a compentent one) can't be replaced by a few potions... That's not justification for not having healing potions in the game. (come on.. healers/clerics can buff, debuff, heal almost nonstop, etc.) But having a few potions is almost a requirement anymore if you're hunting alone.. especially with the lack of healers on that would be the same level as the person needing healing..

I think a NPC healing potion vendor would be a great idea. Throw some of those specialty potions on there too while you're at it and give the PC alchemists some competition on price so they're not trying to scalp folks.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

There are healing potions, I don't know now the exact names because I never use them, but something like Vesta's or Soothing Remedy they are called, and the festival punch.

They are Heal over Time potions, which are fine I think.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

*agrees withTrust, Xoshara and Tako- disagrees with Mensar*

Healers are important players in this game- and it`s a long hard way to lvl 100.
    And I do not want them to loose this status.

Bringing healing potions ingame will make changes which are no good for the community.
    *imagines dragons heading for the rift run, pulling discs full of healing potions
    behind them, or a little shop nearby Valkor`s or Reclar`s : " healing potions fore sale" (100 % more expensive at this special places than elsewhere^^*

You can try to throw the "changeophobia" catchphrase around if you want, Mensar, but that doesn't change the fact that healing potions are inappropriate for a game where healers are meant to be important and community quality is a valued trait. Providing NPC-produced potions is also inappropriate, for a crafter-supportive game.

Thats it !!!

bad that heals could be mastered by most classes so i dont see a big problem in heal potions (if they have the same effect like the masterable heals)

The problem is it goes against interdependancy and the need for others. How do you feel when you lose your job? Why would anyone walk that long road to level 100 when you can get the same results by just taking along a few pots?

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    You can try to throw the "changeophobia" catchphrase around if you want, Mensar, but that doesn't change the fact that healing potions are inappropriate for a game where healers are meant to be important and community quality is a valued trait. Providing NPC-produced potions is also inappropriate, for a crafter-supportive game.
    Healers are in every game and in every game they are meant to be important and they are. Healing potions (as per my post) can't replace a good healer.. they also have buffs, debuffs, can heal you when you're paralyzed, etc etc etc.

And yes, resisting a change because of someone's assumption of what a game was meant to be based on their presumption of knowing what the original game creators' goal was for the game.. is changeophobia.. also known as resistochangeo-gamegoaway-o. I don't know of any game but this one where healing potions aren't a big part of the gameplay. Granted, the playstyle for most of the other games opening and open right now that call themselves MMORPGs have faster gameplay, but simply adding healing potions does not make healers obselete.

That's another assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    The problem is it goes against interdependancy and the need for others. How do you feel when you lose your job? Why would anyone walk that long road to level 100 when you can get the same results by just taking along a few pots?
    Well it's a good thing we don't have a class that only provides gathering resources since nobody will ever use their resources as they can gather them themselves.. oh wait, there's gatherer and miner. We don't need those though.. everyone can do their own gathering and mining.. so what's the point of a dedicated class? because they do it BETTER.

Potions won't take the place of a mastered level 100 cleric/healer. I'm thinking that's a balance mechanic that the experts would work out that code the game. But having healing potions doesn't replace them just like being able to learn how to mine from one class doesn't replace being a dedicated miner.

There's a specialty to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    *agrees withTrust, Xoshara and Tako- disagrees with Mensar*

Healers are important players in this game- and it`s a long hard way to lvl 100.
    And I do not want them to loose this status.

Bringing healing potions ingame will make changes which are no good for the community.
    *imagines dragons heading for the rift run, pulling discs full of healing potions
    behind them, or a little shop nearby Valkor`s or Reclar`s : " healing potions fore sale" (100 % more expensive at this special places than elsewhere^^*
    All assumptions based on panic and worst-case-scenario images borne by changeophobia. Who said they would be stackable, or useable in large quantities, or would heal enough for an ancient dragon to use in a fight against a hard foe, or sold in a shop, or ... you get the point.

Thread Information