Thread: Connie Rant

Default Connie Rant

I've been back for about 8 months now and during the course of that timeframe, I've seen some pretty well.. you be the judge..

A few suggestions.

1. Don't sell dragon hoardables. Give them away. If you have to sell them, don't sell them for more than a dragon can get from hoarding their own coins? How much sense does that make? 1/100th to 1/1000th of the hoard value is a good place to start.. if you want to sell it that is. If you want it to end up in your vault, that's a good, but expensive way to get that done.

For example, the Aug connie on order is CHOCK FULL of (lots of different sellers) hoardables being sold for MORE than the hoard value to 1/2 of hoard value. No sane dragon will ever buy those when we can hoard the coins we would give you for that item and get more hoard value out of them.... Not only that, but hoardables are pretty easy to come by. Selling them for anything more than 1/100th of hoard value means basically it'll never be sold. ANd if that means it's not worth your time to loot a hoard item worth 1,000 hoard because you're likely to not get more than 10-15c for it. Then that's up to you. Personally I collect those and give them to hatchies. But bear in mind it's boneheaded to try to sell newbie stuff for more than a few copper anyway, much less more copper than the listed HV.

2. Don't sell blighted items on the NT connie that will curse/kill the user. That's just immature and rude. I've seen more than a few people listing weapons that cause DoT to the attacker as well as high tier baubles/trinkets for 1c. New folks don't know what those are. Use a little judgement. I've been buying those and deconing them/deleting them on Order.

FYI for blighted items:
    Attacker = you
    Target = monster

Don't sell stuff that damages the attacker.. that's the wielder. (is there a third way I can explain this?)

And for everyone else.. don't BUY blighted items that damage the attacker.

3. Why are certain people always listing their building materials for super high prices on the NT connie? 1s-3s for a single building component? Is that why you're listing it on the NT connie? Hoping for a newbie sucker? List it elsewhere and you know nobody would buy it for those prices. Especially not T1 or T2.

---
    A good rule of thumb for selling items on the connies:

Common sense should dictate that if an item is on the connie for a certain price.. that doesn't set the baseline selling price. That's the price nobody is BUYING THE ITEM AT because .. DING DING DING, it's still on the connie! If you have a similar item, list it for much less than the other person and maybe yours will sell.

Along the same vein.. selling newbie items for 1s or more just isn't going to get you anywhere no matter how rare the item is. If it's a newbie item, newbies won't be able to afford it.. and if it's someone that's already been around the block, they will probably already have the item, or realize it's not worth the money considering how quickly you progress.

If you're trying to help folks out by listing items you've crafted for a certain tier.. don't forget to list based on the level, not the difficulty involved in killing that deer and skinning it and all the steps afterwards.. the buyer won't care, they just need the armor and if it's too high, you won't get a sale.

Don't sell your items for more than they can be bought at a NPC vendor... this should be obvious, but I constantly see this. And yes, there are quite a few forms that can be purchased for coin (not tokens) at various vendors.

And if you don't follow these simple and obvious steps you'll end up losing money every time you try to sell something and your vault will fill up much faster than your coinpurse.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Default Re: Connie Rant

mate i agree 100% i hate ppl that try and sell over the odd gear when tye know full well it is not worth that.
    i always try and sell as cheap as i can making sure the newbie can afford it and also i get to make a small profit.me thinks that is why io never have any money lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    I've been back for about 8 months now and during the course of that timeframe, I've seen some pretty well.. you be the judge..

A few suggestions.

1. Don't sell dragon hoardables. Give them away. If you have to sell them, don't sell them for more than a dragon can get from hoarding their own coins? How much sense does that make? 1/100th to 1/1000th of the hoard value is a good place to start.. if you want to sell it that is. If you want it to end up in your vault, that's a good, but expensive way to get that done.

For example, the Aug connie on order is CHOCK FULL of (lots of different sellers) hoardables being sold for MORE than the hoard value to 1/2 of hoard value. No sane dragon will ever buy those when we can hoard the coins we would give you for that item and get more hoard value out of them.... Not only that, but hoardables are pretty easy to come by. Selling them for anything more than 1/100th of hoard value means basically it'll never be sold. ANd if that means it's not worth your time to loot a hoard item worth 1,000 hoard because you're likely to not get more than 10-15c for it. Then that's up to you. Personally I collect those and give them to hatchies. But bear in mind it's boneheaded to try to sell newbie stuff for more than a few copper anyway, much less more copper than the listed HV.

2. Don't sell blighted items on the NT connie that will curse/kill the user. That's just immature and rude. I've seen more than a few people listing weapons that cause DoT to the attacker as well as high tier baubles/trinkets for 1c. New folks don't know what those are. Use a little judgement. I've been buying those and deconing them/deleting them on Order.

FYI for blighted items:
    Attacker = you
    Target = monster

Don't sell stuff that damages the attacker.. that's the wielder. (is there a third way I can explain this?)

And for everyone else.. don't BUY blighted items that damage the attacker.

3. Why are certain people always listing their building materials for super high prices on the NT connie? 1s-3s for a single building component? Is that why you're listing it on the NT connie? Hoping for a newbie sucker? List it elsewhere and you know nobody would buy it for those prices. Especially not T1 or T2.

---
    A good rule of thumb for selling items on the connies:

Common sense should dictate that if an item is on the connie for a certain price.. that doesn't set the baseline selling price. That's the price nobody is BUYING THE ITEM AT because .. DING DING DING, it's still on the connie! If you have a similar item, list it for much less than the other person and maybe yours will sell.

Along the same vein.. selling newbie items for 1s or more just isn't going to get you anywhere no matter how rare the item is. If it's a newbie item, newbies won't be able to afford it.. and if it's someone that's already been around the block, they will probably already have the item, or realize it's not worth the money considering how quickly you progress.

If you're trying to help folks out by listing items you've crafted for a certain tier.. don't forget to list based on the level, not the difficulty involved in killing that deer and skinning it and all the steps afterwards.. the buyer won't care, they just need the armor and if it's too high, you won't get a sale.

Don't sell your items for more than they can be bought at a NPC vendor... this should be obvious, but I constantly see this. And yes, there are quite a few forms that can be purchased for coin (not tokens) at various vendors.

And if you don't follow these simple and obvious steps you'll end up losing money every time you try to sell something and your vault will fill up much faster than your coinpurse.

I agree with most off what you wrote except the hoard issue
    1 silver gives you 100 hoard, so unless you are maxed out or can get hoard very fast is hoard at 1/2 hoard value a ok deal.

I think it's not done to sell blighted things that are used up, totally depleted, for a lot of coin. You read the description, thinking that's a nice item, you buy it and grrrr, you can't use it. Now I try to pay attention but it's information easy to miss.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

First off, players will buy what they want to buy at the prices they believe is fair.

Those 1s building materials? I buy by the dozen. I have money. The new players that are grinding up those materials don't. I pay for thier service and they get levels and the coin to pay for thier own plot/lair that they are working towards. I see absolutely nothing 'unfair' or 'suckerish' about that.

List it elsewhere and the prices are ever higher, not lower because higher leveled bipeds don't like getting lower leveled materials.

The hoard, players buy up the cheap stuff and leave the gouging prices stuff up. Maybe someone will buy it, maybe someone won't. It's not up there to be 'fair', it's probably up there so the player dosen't have to restock every 4 minutes.

If a player is desperate enoguh for hoard they will pay the coin. That player that has been putting up the expensive stuff for more than a few cycles gets it unloaded for the price they wanted.

I believe it is more imprtant to have a needed item always there than have everything put up for cheap and the connie always be empty. For example, hoard is always there, yes? Some players put up an expensive price, some players put up a more affordable price. Players look for the affordible price, but the expensive stuff is always there.

Now, how many (Type) reapers are up of Tier (X) at any given time? Hmmm none? Sometimes? Hit-and-miss? I'd much rather see it echo the hoard where some are always there but are expensive and sometimes get good prices rather than always good prices but not always there.

As for the blighted items, they are always good for cores. I'll run around connies and buy those not-so-good items because they = raw cores, not the item. Better to keep it as the item as it has a much lower bulk than a raw core.

I pretty much agree with Shian, stuff thats too high just stays there anyway, let the people waste their money on connie fees. We buy hoad with coin at 10c/1hv. Sometimes my alts sell on the connies for 1c/3hv. This has been pretty much the standard price on Chaos for a long time. The stuff i put on NEVER lasts more than a day. The worst i've ever seen on Chaos for hoard was 1/1, which is still 1 tenth the cost of buying it in your equip window.

Just because something is on the connie for a certain price dosent mean its there because no one will buy it at that price. It could have only been there a couple hours. Selling for a significant amount under what everyone else is selling for is a great way to ruin what little economy there is. If you undercut people too much you make it not worthwhile for them to make said item, thus restricting the flow of money between players, which is what an economy is.

I for one will keep selling cargo disks to noobs at 1 sil each, and by todays standards that is very high i guess....but it does show new tinkers that no, you dont have to work for an hour to make 5 or 6 disks to only be able to sell them at 100c. Money isnt that hard to come by in this game, may as well get people spending it.

But the real question is....why is this in biped forum and not rants as the title would indicate....
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

On the same line as Connie's... How about the player made connies, the owner of that connie gets percentage of the service charge instead of the Istarian government taking the whole 15%(or whatever the charge is).

Make it beneficial for someone to build a connie instead of just using for storage because nobody wants to make their silo's public!

Think of it as the owner's "Store-Front"...

Just my 2 cents...
    Fierce Wyrm, The Annatar, Order Shard
    100 Adventure, Crafter and Lairshaper/Hoard 51 mil

Was player commission even considered on Player-made consigners?
    Fierce Wyrm, The Annatar, Order Shard
    100 Adventure, Crafter and Lairshaper/Hoard 51 mil

Probably not, being that the connie fees are there for a money sink, keeping any of the money ingame in the form of a player commission would be a bit self defeating.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Thread Information