Thread: mage: colect maggot hide impossible

Default mage: colect maggot hide impossible

hello!
    I have a quest on NT with the mage, he want me to collect 5 maggot hide.
    I go where i say, I kill maggots, collect hides, but count in quest stay to 0/5.

any idea of what's wrong?

Default Re: mage: colect maggot hide impossible

Might be worth deleting the quest and retaking it, if it still doesn't work then probably need to raise a support ticket.

Uhm, did you loot the mobs? You need to kill them until they drop the hides I think.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

well I once delete all my quests to restart this one and it didn't work better, and yes i gather hide, i don't loot them.

my character is a saris level 8 in mages.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

you need to loot the hides, not gather them, i believe.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

As far as I know you just need to loot them from the dead maggot's loot table.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

OK.

(velveeta is it an in game parrot you have on shoulder?)

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

not just any shoulder parrot, derk - that is the avatar of the great and mighty god of blight, illy the magnificent, may his name be ever praised!

looting the hides should update, gathering didnt.
    most common lowbie maggots can be found in New Bromel, just a portal hop away

New Bromel seem kind of empty of npcs, those maggots i had seen in New Trismel, i think they are White maggots, and little more aggressive.

okay i didn't want to start another thread, so am posting this here.....

so i am working the hatchie quests and i take the 'attunement to serenity' quest from gerix. my quest page only sez 'collecting Bones' and gerix did not specify what bones or how many.

i have been all over kion and sslanis and no matter how many skelly or blighted bones i collect, the quest never updates and gerix does not want to talk about the quest with me.

so any draggies out there who have done this quest - how many of what type of bone does gerix want and where do i go to get the bones needed?

please help, i have been trying to finish this for like a month now - if no one can point me in the right direction, i will delete and try again.....but if there is still no direction, what do i do next?

(the aedan attunement quest was totally without problems....)

You need to collect 5 blighted bones that you can get from any skeletons. The ones in New Trismus work fine. You won't have any quest update: just get the bones and go back to your trainer (it was Kaliphar before.. as this changed?).
    Then, you will have to do it again for unblemish bones. Same pattern.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

thanx fire, that helps a lot!!
    i thought the questgiver was gerix, so i deleted the quest and went back to him, but he still didn't want to talk to me!!
    makes sense that it is because i had the wrong questgiver!!

can you have the bones already before taking the quest? if so, i will collect them while i am in kion/sslanis beating up water gols at the lakes of tears.....

No, I think they drop on quest only.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I believe the maggots you are trying to kill have to be lvl 10 anything else(even lvl 9 ones) do not work. At least that is what it used to be a few years ago(and I dont know why it would of changed)

Thread Information