Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new race

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Re: new race

Dark Elves or similar.
    Reason = Bring back the Rouge Skill School

I really miss using 2 daggers like in Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Right, but what Amon was saying, they need a purpose first.
    you need a purpose? what about a server event like freeing the dryads?

a great thing to announce on every possible site/fanpage...

attraction even for old players (hey you have to start a char again (a new experience in relation to multiclassing)

attraction for new players (when they read the announcement and see the intention: hey Horizons is still alive and is improving)

Welgers have always been a race that's been talked about as a suitable item for questing/freeing/diplomacy for. The idea of them its exciting and something I would consider. All the other races seem very ho-hum and like all other games. Give me Wlgers a unique to istaria race and allow us to again bring about a new and truly unique race to istaria.

New races would be nice but i came to this came to play dragon and to fly and not have worry lose exppoints dame this game great for that xD or the worry of try climb a mountain xD plus I love weather in the game . Love snow places but wah it make me feel cool.

but I think there lot in this game to do as it is and I think they need to fix all the **** glitch and stop put maintence in with out telling oh sort bugs out too xD

So I think they got lot to do xD but cross my fingures for new race be good thing to add for the game
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

Alright, as I'm sure this has been said a million times before, I have an Idea for a purpose of Orcs or say another seemingly evil race. Other games offer PVP, which I like because then we don't have to textually assult each other.... But! What if Orcs were brought in to side with the Withered? A playable race that was delightfully evil? There's always got to be the balance between the good and evil, why not in Istaria? While not all the people who play the living races in the game wish to be on the side of good, I think we may benifit from a little player on player conflict. I personally would like to see a PVP option added into the game, its like the one thing we don't have that other games do. Sure sure, I know not everyone wants to have their head knocked off by some 100 lvl character, or have a dragon eat them in one bite, but like in the *insert evil music* WoW, we could have an option to weither or not we want to be active PVP.

Like I said, I'm sure this has been said before, but there is an awesome purpose for some evil races in the game. Just my two cents.

But we have already PVP in game, the arena! D:

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    But we have already PVP in game, the arena! D:
    I agree, PvP should be limited to the arena only.

I vote for no PvP as i do not want the Dev time spread away from what is needed. Maybe in a Horizons 2 yes but I would like to keep a PvE only game with Horizons. As to a new race that might be kind of nice or maybe more likely a new story event to move the story forward.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by Avalina View Post
    Alright, as I'm sure this has been said a million times before, I have an Idea for a purpose of Orcs or say another seemingly evil race. Other games offer PVP, which I like because then we don't have to textually assult each other.... But! What if Orcs were brought in to side with the Withered? A playable race that was delightfully evil? There's always got to be the balance between the good and evil, why not in Istaria? While not all the people who play the living races in the game wish to be on the side of good, I think we may benifit from a little player on player conflict. I personally would like to see a PVP option added into the game, its like the one thing we don't have that other games do. Sure sure, I know not everyone wants to have their head knocked off by some 100 lvl character, or have a dragon eat them in one bite, but like in the *insert evil music* WoW, we could have an option to weither or not we want to be active PVP.

Like I said, I'm sure this has been said before, but there is an awesome purpose for some evil races in the game. Just my two cents.
    Ah, me.

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Mine avatar, idiot though that one be, hath a speaking. And it be thus, that there be a reason none might ride or hath mount for riding in Istaria. For all the horses were beaten past enduring in tides long past, and lacking them of a time the Gifted dig again those horses from their graves and set club to hide.

I would suggest ye seek to examine the forums for the cantrip 'PVP'... but it be too simple a casting to bring result. However it be there, and thrice there, and thrice that thrice times three and more.

I will only speak for myself alone, and mine avatar. I will not ever set claw or bolt to any Gifted, and mine avatar woke me here in no small part for that there was none of the rending ye speak in this land.

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

I wasn't talking about Gifted fighting Gifted. I was only suggesting that if someone wanted reason for Orcs to be a race in game, that they could join with the Withered and the Gifted could fight against them, who would also be a player and not just some NPC. *shrugs* I know PVP is a topic commonly talked about, and to be honest, I could care less about PVP. But if applied in the manner I was thinking, I think it could provide an interesting outcome.

And before someone says something about how the developers have enough on their plates as it is, yes, I am well aware of that and I'm not pushing for this to be done. It was just a thought to voice, and if the Devs decide they like in, well, in the future they can do with it as they see fit. Not everyone who suggests something means for it to be done right then and before everything else. Eventually, after all the glitches, bugs, and kinks are worked out of the fabric that makes up Istaria, the Devs will need something else to work on to keep the game moving forward, that's what the suggestion section of the forums is here if I'm not mistaken.

Do not get me wrong I for one am not saying no to suggestions. Just throwing my vote and my thoughts on the reasons for it. Suggestions are good and needed but I feel also people should weigh in for or against ideas. Just because one person likes and idea does not mean everyone else, and no I do not mean your idea, likes it. So if an idea is thrown out and only those that like it comment on it and the majority don't like it and do not comment , as not to give the feeling of squashing ideas, then it get implemented and pushes a lot of people away is a bad thing.

Oh yea, I agree whole heartedly! But an idea is an idea in any event, and even if its not a perfect idea, it shouldn't be shot down and not seen fit to be posted, because maybe someone out there, can take that idea, then elaborate on it, and turn it into an even better idea. Ya know? I've always said its always worth throwing your ideas out there, because while they might not be perfect someone else might be able to provide the different angle and come up with the solution. I'm all for people voicing their ideas and opinions on those ideas, it helps mold things into place.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

throwing out ideas is good and i encourage everyone to do it, but please understands and recognize that most, if not all, of those ideas have already occured to someone and have been posted in the forums.
    however, finding them can be the trick, i know!!

anyway, back to the topic at hand....and this is my own 2cents and no disrespect to anyone -

absolutely, positively NO PVP (outside of the arena) - NONE! no player against player ever! notice i did not say gifted vs nongifted, i said PLAYERS. i would not be in favor of a new evil race. play bad all you want, i don't care - but i ain't interested in getting ganked by some pvp jerkoffs when i am peacefully crafting.

you got a beef with someone, go to the arena, that's what it is for.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Personally, IMO, things aren't "balanced" enough for PvP. So I agree, until then, it should be kept to the arena.

And to expand on Velveeta's last bit with players having "beefs" with each other... if the offended challenges the offendee to a fight in the arena to settle a dispute, the offendee should be willing to go through with it. I've always though it was poor form to taunt another from behind the safety of no-pvp, with no fear of consequences. (But then, the games I played before this had PvP, and if one character started something with another, the entire town square would become a warzone. >.> )

On the original topic; I like the idea of a new race. After, of course, things are ironed out and active advertising is started so we have enough people to support another playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaleIron View Post
    And to expand on Velveeta's last bit with players having "beefs" with each other... if the offended challenges the offendee to a fight in the arena to settle a dispute, the offendee should be willing to go through with it. I've always though it was poor form to taunt another from behind the safety of no-pvp, with no fear of consequences.
    Elder and Wise

Beef or oxen, foul or fowl. Ye my think as ye will and dance as _ye_ choose.

Not ever. Never. In no wise, and under no duress or code, under no word, aye, even the Lightning's very own ( though that I know would never be), will I _ever_ set claw or bolt to Gifted woe.

Not _ever_ will I set foot to the Arena place.

And if the very will and power of the gods did lift me there and set me down, and were then any to face me... then I will die ere ever I lift claw or bolt.

I DO NOT REND GIFTED.

I DO NOT CHALLENGE GIFTED.

I STAND THAT THE FOE FALL.

It is not the dance these feet follow. Not for sport, not for challenge, not for false honour or true.

By Treaty, by choice, by will and by voice.

Sephiranoth, called by some caitiff
    Called by any that choose coward
    Called indeed... but not to any Gifted woe

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeah but sephie - you don't give anyone a reason to have a beef with you - and you are greatly loved and admired for it. you will never need to set your claws to anyone else. and if someone does have a beef with you, you send them my way. i will piss em off more and take all the heat!

i, on the other hand, apparently often give peeps, including blighties, reason to dislike me, if only for a few moments.

if i have offended someone to that extent, and it can't be made up for or rectified in any other manner, it would be my duty and responsiblility to accept the challenge of the arena, if that would make amends to the offended party's satisfaction.

plus, it would be an easy settle, cause i totally suck in the arena - abbie can attest to that!

so i totally back up scale's thought - only a coward would start something then puss out at his comeuppance. to date myself - don't do the crime if you can't do the time.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

so i totally back up scale's thought - only a coward would start something then puss out at his comeuppance. to date myself - don't do the crime if you can't do the time.....
    I'd much prefer to resolve such things through roleplaying antics, especially if that's how they got started in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    yeah but sephie - you don't give anyone a reason to have a beef with you - and you are greatly loved and admired for it. you will never need to set your claws to anyone else. and if someone does have a beef with you, you send them my way. i will piss em off more and take all the heat!

i, on the other hand, apparently often give peeps, including blighties, reason to dislike me, if only for a few moments.

if i have offended someone to that extent, and it can't be made up for or rectified in any other manner, it would be my duty and responsiblility to accept the challenge of the arena, if that would make amends to the offended party's satisfaction.

plus, it would be an easy settle, cause i totally suck in the arena - abbie can attest to that!

Blight queen and wise...

That the Fool be, in thy words, ' loved and admired'? I must wonder what dreams ye dream, and what doth bring such fancies... least and less i am, aye and counted so by most. And it be no account I would stand against...

Thy words are wise, but any need not _give_ offence, at least of their knowing and their will, for another to _take_ such. And call that offence to the many and call the ' offender' forth.

As I have spoken, so I stand.

There are calls I will never answer... and if ever the Law be set such that I must, then that will be Law... but I will raise no claw under such Law, nor cast any bolt, nor run nor fly... and if die I must, why, it will not be the first time I have done so.

But.
    I.
    Will.
    Not.
    Rend.
    Gifted.

But we run risk of setting this discourse yet further from its path... and that was not, at least of initial speaking by the one that spoke, or Rending.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among The Wise

i dont think HZ (with its unique multiclass system) should be reworked to an PvP game

but i think a new race would be nice to add this features to all who are willing to pvp. nobody should be forced to pvp.

I agree (as usual) with Seph. I flat out refuse to PvP. I am here in Istaria, at least in part, because it is a no PvP game. I have left games and have declined trying out other games because they included PvP. Aged hippie that I am, I just can't find fighting another player entertaining. My students, those little darlings who got me into gaming, think I am silly for that...or at least quirky and eccentric. If so, those are adjectives I embrace with welcome. I will help you, give to you, enjoy your company...or, if not, politely say goodnight and leave you. I will NOT PvP with you.

That being said, and as Seph also pointed out, the OP intended a thread about other races.

Personally, I feel that Istaria offers a wide selection of races, some of which are unique to this game. While it would be fun to have more...more races, more weapons, more wardrobe, more...just more, it is IMO not in the least a necessity. Let's get through the plot cleanups, let them get the labyrinth open, etc. before we start demanding additional elements. Our Devs are dancing as fast as they can already.

Thread Information