Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista

Default Vista

How many people are not playing Istaria now b/c of a Vista issue?
    Fierce Wyrm, The Annatar, Order Shard
    100 Adventure, Crafter and Lairshaper/Hoard 51 mil

Default Re: Vista

I'm not installing Vista because of Vista having issues...

But you aren't playing Istaria b/c of Vista tho, you have your own reasons correct?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'm not installing Vista BECAUSE I'm playing in Horizons.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i have vista and i play horizons, and so does my bro!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I'm trying to get a show of hands from the people that can't play Istaria b/c of "the Vista" problem... I want to see how many potential players are lost b/c of this issue...

you should have made a poll then I think.
    1) who play Hz with Vista
    2) who quit Hz because of Vista
    3) who uninstalled Vista becaus of Hz

I didn't want to create too many polls for the day

I play Istaria on Windows XP. But I don't play very often at the moment because I prefer to play with my hubby (please, no dirty jokes here) and he has a Vista machine and can't get into Istaria. When he can, we both log in, when he can't, mostly I don't log in either. So I guess I'm affected too!
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

I play other games in Vista on my computer and no matter what I do I can't get horizons running on vista. I have xp on dual boot so unless I can get vista to run horizons every time without issue then I'll just end up booting into xp.

The problem I have currently is xp can not use my sli setup. So by playing horizons in xp I'm not using the hardware I have. Not that the full amount of hardware is needed but still its a performance hit.

I still pay for horizons and will be purchasing plots at auction but I have been playing less since I play everything else in Vista and I don't want to restart to simply check in on one game.

Soon as i get my check ima just download linux and play it on there...
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

I'm just avoiding getting Vista, partially because I DO play Istaria/Horizons. (that and I just find it a gross OS)

I waited as long as I could, but some of my rigs are getting to where they're like 3 years old.. so I took the plunge and two of them are running on quad core extremes on vista 64 and beyond the setback of having to install updates, then reboot twice, there haven't been any issues.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

I play on Vista...when it lets me in.
    Vista is not the problem....on my new laptop with everything made to run with Vista, it runs great....Horizons is the only thing i have had trouble with in the year i have had it.

I will continue to login as I can but it is definitly something I think about everytime subs come due.

I did take about a 6 month break because of the Vista issue.....plot reclamation and stirrings of life are the only reason i came back

I avoid vista because I want to play the game! I hope I can avoid it as long as possible...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

i've not needed to upgrade so i've not tried vista... and i have no desire to as long as I* runs better on xp :-)

Yeah but some of us with our newer computers actually run better on vista. I love this game and I will play it until the day it dies no matter what hoops I have to hop through. But other's won't be as kind to it. The game can only survive in this "grace period" while people are still not forced to use an os other then xp. But once more complex hardware and newer comps hit the mainstream that xp will not / can not support do to design limitations then horizons will have to evolve to at least run on the current OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisty View Post
    Yeah but some of us with our newer computers actually run better on vista.
    Not by a long shot I'm afraid

I don't run Vista. I WON'T run Vista. Windows 7 I will consider (or whaever the name will be), maybe. All my Windows computers are WinXP-based. Hz having issues with Vista doesn't affect my decision. I had W2K and upgraded to XP eventually, but that transition was fairly smooth. Nothing I had was 'broken' because of XP. But Vista... that's another matter altogether.

Oh, BTW, even Intel Corp. won't upgrade to Vista

We're still on Explorer 6!!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

According to MS big shot Ballmer, many large corps are waiting for Windows 7 to upgrade, which he said is just fine with him, because it's going to be better than the company's OS.
    Landowyn of Order
    The Steelworks
    Specializing in a little bit of everything

Thread Information