Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Auctions

Default Auctions

Thanks so much for all the work you've put in getting the properties fixed as quickly as possible.

Default Re: Auctions

wtb my plot well I did buy it but I'd like to actually own it in game Yes I submitted a support ticket. =P

yeah, seems to be a problem. I won a lair and when I first pulled it up, it said I owned it and the construction and planning windows were available. when I flew up to it, it said it was owned by the previous owner again and the auction was at -49 min lol.

Seems to be a bug they are working on. hopefully be fixed soon.

Mine is now fixed.... so give it maybe an hour I guess. I didn't get a reply back but the plot actually belongs to me now. So thank you for your fast work =P

Not to sure...one of my alts put in a bid...won...

I've done severl relogs, clearing of cache...and it still reverts to the previous owner a few seconds after bringing up the property window.

I am now over 4hrs past auction closing...

Can only hope now they do a hotfix tomorrow (oops...midnight as I type this last sentence...so hopefully later today)
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

my Guild lair master plot shows my name/ownership fine but theres other issues.

The planning window lets me build biped,dragon,castles tho none work.

The size changes constantly..from 240x96x192 to 240x96x240 as are two subplots in guild community changing from 120x120x240 to 120x120x144 despite being 1g to sell to guild vs 1s for the normal 120x120x144 giving me an indication the 240 is correct.

The planning,construction and permission windows either dont work or are badly bugged as well.

hopefully this gets fixed soon id love to plan/give the lairs out =)

Name is Kir'Drakul for reference. I own the master plot under Kalemendrax

Aaelefin yeah umm my character Raisty is still bugged in the same way and so is her alt. But on the bright side according to play.istaria.com I do own two plots atm on those two characters. Someone just needs to inform the actual game I own them.

I'm having a similar problem with the Auction not ending properly and displaying incorrect information. I won the plot I bid on, a message to that affect was displayed to everyone around and the coin was deducted but the plot is still showing the original owner. A community survey shows 2 plots still listed as "For Auction" and as of this writing the time listed is more than -8 hours. When I log in I get a series of error messages including some saying I don't own the object with ID xxxxxxxx , so I cannot set permission etc .... If I click the plot cornerstone I am listed as Owner for a brief second or two but it quickly reverts to the original owner. Logging in and out, moving to another area and back and clearing world cache do nothing to change the Status.

I see from the "Announcement" that there are known issues of this nature and it will continue to be worked on (after some needed rest) so I have not submitted a support ticket yet. Just in case those reviewing the communities needs a place to start looking (as if :-) please take a look at the Selen community on Order. Some plots sold successfully and ownership was transferred within minutes but after more than 8 hours it's fairly clear something needs a kick start to clear those with negative auction ending times and properly set ownership/permissions for auction winners with problems (me!).

EDIT: Just to add, as with Raisty's problem, play.istaria.com is showing I own the plot in Selen at 25844, 21916 but my character screen shows no plots owned. I agree, the game needs to be informed of this ... ô¿ô

Dot
    Last edited by Skaladar; October 16th, 2008 at 10:21 AM.

I have the same probs- did not write a ticket yet-just wait.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

A server restart will fix most of that. I think it's (mildly) funny that the suggestion is to wait a few days after the auction end before submitting a ticket. That'll be right about the time maintenance is due on the server.

Why don't we just have a server restart right after the auctions are over?
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Why don't we just have a server restart right after the auctions are over?
    You know, that'd probably be a good idea. Since they finish quite a bit before maitenance. Might as well let everyone mess around with their new plots/lairs as soon as possible.

Unless there's something they need to check during maitenance before they can let that happen.

if the restart fixes it, i would vote restart a.s.a.p.

A restart will not fix the problem with auctions, especially not on Chaos.

A restart may or may not fix the problems with players being able to see structures, set permissions, etc. From what we have seen with past restarts where this bug happens, some were fixed others were not.

If we believe that a restart will set things to right so that the player's experience is what it should be, then of course it is something we'd do. However, at this time as it won't fix the majority of the issues, a restart would only cause a multiple hour delay in getting things back to working.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    A restart will not fix the problem with auctions, especially not on Chaos.

A restart may or may not fix the problems with players being able to see structures, set permissions, etc. From what we have seen with past restarts where this bug happens, some were fixed others were not.

If we believe that a restart will set things to right so that the player's experience is what it should be, then of course it is something we'd do. However, at this time as it won't fix the majority of the issues, a restart would only cause a multiple hour delay in getting things back to working.
    Got it, I'll shut up now.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Ah =) Good to know you've at least thought it through. (of course you all would XD)

It's quite an odd bug. Best of luck with getting it fixed in a timely manner~!

Ours is having the same thing now, last night it was not showing Petalwing as the owner, it does now but cant set permissions or anything, it says in the feedback that she can't because she dosen't own it.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

hah sorry Velea I think we are all still under the opinion that restart fixes most things lol.

Got same problem on my plot (now that the ownership part is fixed):
    Can't access some structures, and can't change ownership since I don't have the permission to do so.

Oh well, will get fixed as soon as they can I reckon.

The ownership problem was fixed fast enough, so good work on that.

Any certain way to know if I won a plot or not ? The timers are at minus 2h and counting. Is coin deducted even for those that don't get ownership of plot yet ?
    The name on the plot and in the plot survey are still of the former owner.

Reason I ask is because I want to buy/bid on other lairs in case this one was lost.

If you had the money taken from your bank, you won, if you still have it you didn't.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Thread Information