Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May.. may not?

Blog Entries

Default May.. may not?

I've been on and off about returning.
    I came back for about a month, back around June-- July.
    Ultharisk is the name, btw.
    Some may remember me making a post about my return awhile, and I had to back out due to job issues(gotta love it).

Well, here I sit again, watching the growth of the game as I twiddle my pencil, work on my graphic novel, and debate once more if I should bring Ultharisk out from the ashes of his cold sleep, or continue to let the dragon slumber.

Most everyone I knew, has left, and last I returned, i didn't get such a warm welcome because He is a remarkably low level on Order from an 'Adult' Dragon-- like.. 31, 32 I believe.
    Apparently caused some issues it seems...

Anyhow... I am debating and just wanted to see how things are truly going. You know, a voice from the players to see what all of you have to say and really see if I'm willing to spit out the 14.95 so I can attempt to reclaim my land(before someone else does) and go back to playing...
    or.. just continue to lurk in the shadows as I'm sure so many other older players do.

Default Re: May.. may not?

Oh, you know you want to come back! Don't deny it! 8D

People have cooled it mostly with the "must be 50 to fly" bit, though it still crops up form time to time. You can always politely tell them shove off about the topic or ignore them all together. Play how you want. :3

Game's still fun, people are still mostly nice. And the Halloween event is on the way. Candy. We has it. You wants it. x3 Come gets it!

Im/was also one of the before 50 crowd, it was actually part of the reason I quit last time (along with the fact I just plain needed a brake from mmos). Since I've come back I've not noticed any big harassment of the under 50's, least not in dragon chat. I've found that things like that tend to go in cycles, the ones that like to harass the under 50s will quit when they get bored, having driven off all/most under 50s
    If they come back this time Ima going to /ignore and report them

Tell them to stick it in their tailvent. ;p It's none of their business when another ascends, really. Not their wings, after all.

I've been thinking about upgrading my sub so I can get scaley a lair, but I currently can't shell out the cash for that. Well, I COULD... but I shouldn't. (Automotive repair is a fickle career, lemme tell you.)

I rather like it on Order (transfered from Chaos). Yeah, I don't get too many responses in the Dragon chat when I try to participate in whatever is going on, and sometimes it feels as though I'm not entirely welcome, so I simply watch, or sometimes just leave so I don't have this annoying blinking tab to deal with. But you know what? Oh well, no skin off my nose. I've found a small group that I like to interact with, and I'm looking into a second if I can ever be in game when some of them are.

But, in the end, it's your choice. Your money, your Dragon.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

come back and don't sweat it.......i am not even thinking about making my hatchie an adult until 100 advent and craft - i will be the sacrificial hatchie!!
    happy to over compensate for those that think any age is too young/old/wrong to do something exceptional, even tho many real life examples can be made for becoming an adult both too young and too late....

always thought it was such a stoopid thing to get worked up about.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for responding.

Yea, I thought it was odd myself, since when I was playing it was your choice. My character actually had to prove he was worthy to his father(who no longer plays here).
    Which was he had to prove at lvl 30 he could run through the area without being caught and which Ultharisk did-- not just once.. but three times, the last time was on the full true run there.
    It wasn't easy-- but it was sure fun!

I'll keep muling over it anyhow. Though I'm glad to know most of them are gone, I found it rather-- stupid and petty.
    After all, as someone else said here-- it was my dragon, my character.

I just have allot of fond memories here and I guess the hardest part is going to be trying to make new ones and make new friends-- allies.. and all that.

i am not even thinking about making my hatchie an adult until 100 advent and craft - i will be the sacrificial hatchie!!
    Funny, that's what my plan is. o.O

My current "hatchie" is almost ready for adventure... but yeah I have 100/100/100 planned for him before hr flys, almost 2/3 the way there now... 0/100/96

Soraii

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

sor - an idle question - how does one make it to 100 crafter with no advent levels????? isn't that impossible? unless someone did your gathering for you.......

never mind, i am a noob......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Soraii, I don't have your patience. I'd pull my hair out.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    sor - an idle question - how does one make it to 100 crafter with no advent levels????? isn't that impossible? unless someone did your gathering for you.......

never mind, i am a noob......
    Actually Velveeta, it's completly possible, there are enough safe resources out there that you can get to for all tiers heck except for the run there, most t6 is unguarded... but not going to be possible as the master forms are guarded

Lairshaping is the main thing I had to haul stuff in for Alaysar though... I couldnt just do the unguarded stuff to do it.

And for the how... yes if you are on skaulkar you have to get adventure before craft, but if you leave skaulkar before doing any of that and go to the craft trainer in chiconis or dralk they will train you in the arts of crafting madness even if you havent learend how to fight

I do copy Al to your domain occasionally though and test out his fighting... most recent copy is 0/100/94

Soraii

Quote Originally Posted by ScaleIron View Post
    Soraii, I don't have your patience. I'd pull my hair out.
    But But... *pats his scaled head with his claws* what hair!? Isnt that just those naka with hair!?

Soraii

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soraii View Post
    Actually Velveeta, it's completly possible, there are enough safe resources out there that you can get to for all tiers heck except for the run there, most t6 is unguarded... but not going to be possible as the master forms are guarded

Lairshaping is the main thing I had to haul stuff in for Alaysar though... I couldnt just do the unguarded stuff to do it.

And for the how... yes if you are on skaulkar you have to get adventure before craft, but if you leave skaulkar before doing any of that and go to the craft trainer in chiconis or dralk they will train you in the arts of crafting madness even if you havent learend how to fight

I do copy Al to your domain occasionally though and test out his fighting... most recent copy is 0/100/94

Soraii
    If I recall all materials that could ever be needed for crafting and lair crafting can be found in copper-town.. copper-head.. copper-something-ur-nother.
    I doubt recall the exact town name(been to long) and I have to see the whole portal list to go, "Ah! That is the one!" But I do remember the copper part.
    Basicly in the center of that isle and around it, is all materials needed--
    and Unless, unless-- when they got rid of all the lairs and such.. one lair had every single item needed to build lair materials in it.
    which-- my disk was left in.. wonder if that got claimed as well. -_-

But it has the crystals, wisps, copper, ect ect ect...

That sounds like Copperton on Geniva Island. It has all the t1 resorces, tho crystals and gems tend to be a bit of a run from the standsoe, copper and tin, and wisps

Welcome back, Ultharisk. (See, I am taking the positive approach).

There is a cave/tunnel like that near the town of Sslanis...sort of. All the stuff near or in the tunnel, anyway.

I was a 31 season adult on Order and I know to what you refer. My guild was very supportive, so I just dropped dragon chat at times when it got rough, stuck to guild chat only. I eventually copied my characters to Blight shard, (test shard)...you'd be most welcome there, as well.

My suggestion...come on back, join a good guild, and ignore the few who may attempt to micromanage the game/players.

*Mumbles about players that make other players "prove" themselves.* Humpf!
    I am sorry you were treated that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    That sounds like Copperton on Geniva Island. It has all the t1 resorces, tho crystals and gems tend to be a bit of a run from the standsoe, copper and tin, and wisps
    Oh yes, that is it Geniva Island!
    Spent many.. many.. many hours there as Ultharisk as a hatchling.. and Dragon. Helps when you can fly when your moving about places. XD
    At least for me it was handy.

Quote Originally Posted by aine View Post
    Welcome back, Ultharisk. (See, I am taking the positive approach).

There is a cave/tunnel like that near the town of Sslanis...sort of. All the stuff near or in the tunnel, anyway.

I was a 31 season adult on Order and I know to what you refer. My guild was very supportive, so I just dropped dragon chat at times when it got rough, stuck to guild chat only. I eventually copied my characters to Blight shard, (test shard)...you'd be most welcome there, as well.

My suggestion...come on back, join a good guild, and ignore the few who may attempt to micromanage the game/players.

*Mumbles about players that make other players "prove" themselves.* Humpf!
    I am sorry you were treated that way.
    Well, it was part of the rp-- and that was at 30. I found it rather fun, just cause I love the whole sneaking about and being stealthy.

But yes, a good guild is what I had back in 2006. It fell apart when.. Tulga Games lost it and it went to those other guys(whom I shall not name).
    So I was there during Tulga Games as owners.. and when they fell.
    I.. am very glad to see the game back in good hands again, and what seems to be perhaps some of them were part of the original owners in Tulga Games.

Most of the players I knew were back when the game was a CD install and even some were beta testers.
    I-- kinda remember where the beta island is, that if you land on-- you die. XD

I do miss the game and I'm still mauling over it.
    Not sure-- if I want too or not.
    Just cause I don't know anyone anymore and I forgotten so much of the game mechanics... -_-

welcome back hope to see you in game!
    100/96/21 32.2 mill hoard Killer 87% socializer 47% explorer 40% achiever 40%

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by venom-dragon7799 View Post
    welcome back hope to see you in game!
    Saphire!!!

Last I think I saw your character ig.. was.. when you were a hatchling...
    I feel so old now with my character. XD

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Well, Ultharisk, you'll just have to come back and see not only what's stayed the same, but what's been improved upon as well as what's new.

And, welcome back.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Nice to meet you!
    I am a current low-level flier myself (I ascended at the same time as two 50 adventure hatchlings too) but so far, I have not gotten any grief for it at all! My passage into adult was just as celebrated as that of the others who flew with me.

I say come back and give it a shot. If anyone harasses you about it, screw 'em.

Even if you don't know anyone ... you can meet us new folk, right~? If you do come back and see me in game, drop me a line. I'm mostly crafting/lairshaping right now, but I'd be up for adventuring with another adult around my level. I'm just rarely on right now due to school. x.x;

Thread Information