Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ask Awdz

Default Re: Ask Awdz

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstryke View Post
    dear awdz:

im already mated to someone else but im falling in love with someone else who should I choose?

0reviana riftclaw
    Dear 0reviana,

The decision largely depends on the situation with your current mate. Such a commitment should not be given up lightly, else why does the choice matter?

If your already-mate wants you and is not mean to you, but you choose the new one, how can any mate ever trust that you will not decide to dump them in the future for someone else?

If your already-mate has no objections to your moving on, then why stay?

If your already-mate wants you but is very mean to you, get yourself and any hatchlings you have out of the nasty situation as quickly as you can. If the new one shows signs of being abusive too, stay away from them too.

Best wishes for happy relationships,
    Awdz

P.S. My answer would have been very different if Rachival had never been invaded and I were not Gifted. Traditional arranged gnome marriages were never to be compromised, and side-tinkering love was forbidden.
    Last edited by awdz; April 27th, 2014 at 07:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Dear awdz

How long does it take to build a plot with a guild house silos a consigner a beginner blacksmith shop and various other things?

-Damiann
    I am very lucky to know my bonded mate and even luckier still to know i am always on his mind and he on mine for that i am very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowstryke View Post
    Dear awdz

How long does it take to build a plot with a guild house silos a consigner a beginner blacksmith shop and various other things?

-Damiann
    Dear Damiann,

It depends on how focused you (or your help) are on getting the work done. I combined building my plot with developing other skills, so it took me a bit longer. However, our guild wound up with the first guildhouse equipped with heating/cooling techniques in the stonework, making it very comfortable and worth the wait.

I've seen dedicated, skilled couples put up a small guildhouse in less than a day. Many of my own structures took many months before I and those wonderful folk helping me got around to opening them.

Focused owners can gain efficiency by planning ahead. Gathering resources ad nauseum for multiple structures and doing the basic processing of them can help you gain skill for the final processing and placing of those resources. Your gear can be tech'd for the specific resource too. Since I'm not focused, my gear has only general techs on it, so I'm not the most efficient crafter. However, arguments have been made that I am among the most unique crafters, so it works for me. I like things like shade from a tree in my woodworking and blacksmith shops, as processing those materials makes for hot work. :-)

Ultimately, you can work on it as intently or as slowly as you like. Help in gathering/hauling/processing/placing resources can make a big difference. I like to have golems & treants help me get resources nearer to the machines where I work by teasing them over, knocking them out, and mining their limp carcasses.

I hope you have many fun and productive days. Being covered in dust and grit is a common side effect, so you may want to jump in a lake or go soak your head to clean up before big occasions. Communities get upset if you jump in their wells or fountains that way, though; you may not want to bathe publically there.

Good luck and good crafting!
    :-) Awdz

Thread Information