Thread: 2008 Fall Festival Bottle Cap Quests

Default 2008 Fall Festival Bottle Cap Quests

With the bringing to live the 2008 Fall Festival including Blight Delta’s 153/154, NPC Joggler gave my toon a “Quest Bubble� to again bring him a Bitter Pickle Bottle Cap Collection. Prior to this patch Joggler’s dialog simply asked if I liked the spell (Shining Blades) which came from the quest following my offering him a full BP Cap collection some time ago, and noted that my head was still attached to my body. So, I proceeded to collect bottle caps and make another full Bitter Pickle set and presented same to Joggler. For this I was awarded 3 SP and some additional dialog about new discoveries Joggler had made in the summoning area but that he could not utilize and as the dialog continued he invited participation in his discovered knowledge. Accepting this challenge I was then advised to come back when my summoning skill had increased. Having 100 in the Conjuring school and noting that with that, my base summoning skill was 960, I applied training points to bring the summoning skill to 1010 and returned to Joggler – now his quest has returned to ask for yet another Bitter Pickle Cap collection.

Is this quest “bugged� or working as intended? The quest reward of 3 SP and a request to return when more experienced seems a bit paltry for the effort in creation of a full Bitter Pickle Bottle Cap collection.

On a related Bottle Cap matter, the quests given by Halfoan at Hammer’s Rest reward the questor for obtaining special Pub Bottle Caps – White Heart (Ribith) or Slippery Gear (Mt. Orian) or Taniquel (Gunak). These three quests I find to function nicely. I note however that there are 6 additional Pub Bottle Caps – Lake Star (Glimmel), Boar’s Head (Kribalin), White Horse (Lessonik), Admiral’s Men (Manadia), Shining Snake (Vulriaru) and The Rose (Zhuria). Were there to have been (or will there be) additional quests relating to these 6 Pub Bottle Caps?

Knossos

Default Re: 2008 Fall Festival Bottle Cap Quests

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]
    Is this quest “bugged� or working as intended? The quest reward of 3 SP and a request to return when more experienced seems a bit paltry for the effort in creation of a full Bitter Pickle Bottle Cap collection.
    Knossos
    For a measly three silver I'm sure there's more than a few dragons willing to eat him outright for giving such a pitiful reward.
    Pain in the tail of getting that collection aside, that thing is worth 250k hoard!

I had the exact same thing.

I gave Joggler the Bottle cap collection and only got a small quest reward but no follow up request. He says you dont meet some requirements. However, I am quite sure I do.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Nothing changed with Joggler's quest but to move it to the quest "bucket" system.

His follow up quest, Shining Blades, did not yet get moved, so to get that particular quest right now you do need to complete his quest and have enough skill to immediately qualify. That will be fixed at some point.

The patch notes say:
    Halfdan Sundershield took some time away from celebrating Hammer's Rest this year to learn more about The Bitter Pickle and the bottle caps that Joggler has been collecting from there for years. He has a few new stories to tell and will reward those who listen.
    And if you listen carefully to what Halfdan himself says, he indicates that he's only learned the origins of some of these rare bottlecaps. Hopefully as time goes on, he will return to the Tazoon Library and learn more about where the other caps came from, which will lead to a desire to collect those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Hopefully as time goes on, he will return to the Tazoon Library and learn more about where the other caps came from, which will lead to a desire to collect those as well.
    Awesome .

Weird thing is, I did the quest before the patch, but could sure not proceed because I have no summoning skill.

I looked today, and he talked to me first like everytime, i should come back when I have more summoning skill, and immedeatly offered me as follow up the same quest again! I have already done the quest, it sits finished in my quest log. The revamped quest seems to be different because he offered me the new quest to bring him a bottlecap collection (not again, SIR =P, hmm maybe when I am bored :P).
    Last edited by Takora Drakan; November 2nd, 2008 at 02:44 PM.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Nothing changed with Joggler's quest but to move it to the quest "bucket" system.

His follow up quest, Shining Blades, did not yet get moved, so to get that particular quest right now you do need to complete his quest and have enough skill to immediately qualify. That will be fixed at some point.

The patch notes say:

And if you listen carefully to what Halfdan himself says, he indicates that he's only learned the origins of some of these rare bottlecaps. Hopefully as time goes on, he will return to the Tazoon Library and learn more about where the other caps came from, which will lead to a desire to collect those as well.
    Yea.. ok. All well and good, Lady V. But THREE SILVER??? It can take months to put that together? Need a few random high level loot items and at least 30s I would think. Regardless of what other quest he's going to offer afterwards, if someone goes through all that trouble there needs to be fair compensation.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Thread Information