Thread: Workaround for missing structures plot bug

Default Workaround for missing structures plot bug

Thanks to PUKI on Order for this!

Go to your bugged plot and double click on each structure you want to work with. The normal info window for that structure will pop up. Open your plot window and you will notice those structures are now listed, Unfinished structures you double clicked on should also now be displayed in the Construction Tab.

The buy, sell, and destroy buttons will be greyed out still, however. Flip over to the Permissions tab, and then back to the Plot Info tab and those buttons should now be available. You will need to do the tab flipping trick each time you close and reopen your plot window (you won't have to reclick on the structures).

I was not able to use this trick on a Large Dwarven House. Double-clicking brings up the inventory instead of an info window, so I am not sur how to "force" the structure list to update for these. I have not tried this on silos or other storage, so can't confirm that those also have this issue.
    *EDIT* I have now tried it on silos and guild halls, neither of which can be updated this way. Will try and see if there is another way to bring up the info window for these structures aside from accessing from the plot structure list.

The tab flipping trick to get the buy/sell buttons may be enough for some as you can then sell to another character, which has been reported to fix the problem entirely.

Drev
    Last edited by Drevar; November 1st, 2008 at 11:01 AM.

Default Re: Workaround for missing structures plot bug

This is no longer working for many (if not all) on Chaos.

This worked for some plot owners on the restart. However, sometime on Wednesday most plots became re-bugged and structures that had been showing disappeared. Now you can click on structures and wait for hours and they won't add to list, moreso plots with construction planned on them.

Yeah this method doesn't work for storage structures because when you double click em, it pops open the storage window instead of a structure Details window; it seems as tho the workaround requires the structure Details window be populated in order for the game to 'remember' that the structure is actually there, and associated with that PlotID.

It should work on everything else tho... kinda surprised to hear on Chaos this 'workaround' is borked. That is most unfortunate, and makes me think you guys have a completely seperate issue going on...
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

The restart fixed the problems that was occuring on Chaos with the mass broken lairs/plots.

Didnt totally fix mine. Wasn't showing any structures so I did the sell to an alt to fix thing and now it showing its owned by both toons and when I try to do smething with it either get a manager not ready error or another data base error.

Smaug

Thread Information