Thread: these t2 mining/quarry quest in t5 mob areas dont make sense

Default these t2 mining/quarry quest in t5 mob areas dont make sense

these "island specific" slates and silvers for the quests, i dont know what the name of it, i was told these are "satyr islands" which is no names printed on my map.
    after RoP, i tried to flew, but i see "red haze" wall blocking, and took different way, and got on Dahibi, but there no way for 50ish lvl can gather the nodes gaurding by 90ish lvl mobs and very dense.
    not possible to avoid without fighting.
    it seem it wasnt fair or doesnt make sense for "pre-patch" quest were done during t2 level phrase, and late commers had to wait around 80-100 lvl to finish that quest, and it is worthless.
    why werent those quest get move or modified or upgrade to t5 resources for proper level challenges?

i am sure this issue get ignore by dev team, and for how long has been that way?
    please explain why? was those quest too powerful for t2 resources to be gaurded by t5 mobs?
    i am bit confused here, why getting the quests at 20ish level, and not able to get there without flying which you get at 30-50lvls?
    also wonder why it was so thick of mob density.
    geez, LOL! you would need army of dragons and other high powered bi-peds to clear for you to gather T2 nodes.
    it not possible for 20ish level and not having to be 1-shotted.
    so what going on?

Default Re: these t2 mining/quarry quest in t5 mob areas dont make sense

The islands are an old event island. They were where we freed the satyr's. There are portals scattered around the world, one for each island that you use to get there. I am not sure what T2 quest you mean, but if you can fly they are easy to gather the small amount of silver and stone you need. Just fly till you see the mobs clear out then land take the 1 or two swings you get from the node then take off and look for another clear node.

It has been a while since I have had to go out there but the only quest I know of are for the head scale forms that are not really that needed. I think you might have to go back out for your ROP buy not sure. I know the AROp sends you out there and you do eed one of the head scales then as you have to hunt out there.

Those quests were never T2. Unless you're ready to fight on the satyr isles, you generally aren't going to need that slate & silver.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Ya, the satyr isle resources are definately not for t2 crafting. If I recall right the slate and silver from on of the islands is needed for the (former) faction breath quest. I managed to collect the stuff fairly easily with the fly, land, collect a couple swipes, take to the air to avoid being flatened, repeat. There's a handful of spots where you can land and harvest fairly saftly... least as safely as is possible on those islands.

The formulas are T2 or at least the Scales they make are T2 I am pretty sure.

Yeah I guess I should have been more spacific in saying they arent for normal t2 crafting

While these resources are technically T2, they are not the typical fare. The only things I know they are used for are the breath quests and the special items that are specifically meant to combat certain mobs on those islands. It was not a resource that used to be normal T2 "prepatch" that suddenly had those monsters placed there. Those monsters were always there and the resources are tied to them.

The easiest way to gather them (if you can fly at least) is to hover above a node until the field is relatively clear then dive in, take a few swipes, and take off again before you get attacked (or at least hopefully before you die :P). The nodes only last for 2-5 gathers anyway.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

What quests are these anyway?
    I've never heard of them or seen them talked about before.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

I would guess the ones to gather the ore and stone with a reward of the forms. Which someone not knowing better and running around clicking on NPC's for quest could get at T2 and have trouble doing them.

They are for higher level characters. Adv. 80-100 as is the mob spawn.

This is what you are fighting if you want the jewelry/scales to complete the quest, right?

The reason they are such low crafting resources is not everyone likes crafting. T2 makes the most logical sense as that is the lowest an adult dragon can gather.

thanks guys, yeah, one is correct, i just click on npc for quests, and not knowing it was in t5 areas, and the quest was 5 regions ores and stones, but i didnt know if that was for breath attack quest.
    it didnt say anywhere in journal.

also, i have bottlecaps quest. so, i am bit confused from hearing it was worthless for all the time invested that didnt meet right amount of challenges.
    so i just left both set of quests untouched for months.

Giving the resources another name than -slate or -silver to prevent confusion, would have been a good idea maybe.
    I took that quest way to early too but a kind dragon friend got me the resources. The crystal you can make with the forms look very beautiful. They are however only useful fighting the corresponding "wisp?".

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

The quest can be found in Kirisanct if I recall correctly for dragons it results in forums that let you make head scales that give resistance to (certain?) things on the islands, or thats what I remember reading on the forums a while ago. The scales are called Head scale of - whatever-. I dont recall the specific names but they all have to do with music and feasting. Some will occasionally show up on the Auhg connie. .

I dont know for sure but I'd assume that bi-peds would get an armor forum from the same quest. I've never finished the quest as I found it only when I was 50 and way to weak to think about hunting there.

yeah, i agreed, it need new name, and take out from t2 quest table if not correctly designed level.
    give the stones and ores as "Dubali Silver Ore", "Corvian Silver Ore" and 3 other names. since they do have limited pulls compared to normal ores that may have 10-12 pulls.

yes, it was confusing at first attemp, when seeing normal ores names look normal instead of "altered ores" if they are not blighted or tainted.

these old school players already knows but newer and returning players get lot of confusions, and may quit in disgust with lazy ways to fix or put off for so long.
    sorry if being ignorance in my part, may not aware of how small the dev team are.

You get the quest from Torabel in Kirasanct. There are formulars for dragons, headscales, and bipeds, talismans (weapon crystals). They where used against the whisps on the different islands. It was like stone, sisscor and paper type thing. The other ressouces of an island could be made into a weapon to kill the other whisp of the island, premerge, when freeing the satyrs, we had to figure that out. They are called Talisman/Scale of Dance, Melody, Revelry and Feast.

It is quite self-explanatory when the ressouces are named "Dahibian Silver Ore" or "Elnathian Slate Slab". That they are not normal ress. Seachring the forums or asking the elders in the game would gave you quite clear answears.

Today they are used for the Dragon Breath Quests and ARoP. For the old bipeds and dragons they are a great piece of memory.
    Last edited by Takora Drakan; November 7th, 2008 at 12:53 PM.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Wylonus View Post

these old school players already knows but newer and returning players get lot of confusions, and may quit in disgust with lazy ways to fix or put off for so long.
    Lol, quitting in disgust about such a minor thing. People who would do that aren't exactly "Istarian material" anyway.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylonus View Post
    It's not a matter of being lazy or putting things off. Anyone who wants to go to a satyr island is free to do so. It's fun to learn about new places and make new friends.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

as I said before: "Never trust a grinning dev"^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hehe. Yup! Matter of fact, I think Saytr Island exploring was among the first things I did when I got my wings. Nothing like hovering around things that can kill you in one hit.

Thread Information