Thread: Chat channel for blight anchor sightings?

Default Chat channel for blight anchor sightings?

For those who don't want to be in Dragon or MarketPlace, how about a chat channel that's only for announcing where a blight anchor has just been found? Or maybe the official "Event" channel could be used for this?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Default Re: Chat channel for blight anchor sightings?

By the time the anchor is announced, most time someone is on the way killing it or already killed it. So I personally don't see a use for it.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Aren't most of the blight anchors gone now? Or do they respawn?

Not sure about respawning, but I had one pop up on Chaos near the Bitter Pickle a month ago. Took 15mins to Spirit Bolt the thing, and no mobs showed up. Just as well, I would have got pummelled

I got to kill one on my first day back, but since people aren't constantly shouting "BLIGHT ANCHOR" anymore, I figure that most of them must have been found and eradicated by now...

I think they're just on long respawn timers. I can't imagine that they aren't respawning mobs since there are known areas where they pop up and they show up every so often.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

If you're sure... I thought it was part of an event rather than a permanent thing.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

there are perm anchors on blight, at least 3 - 2 in the kira area and one in the aug cotton field near the pickle.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I spotted and (with a group) killed a Mighty Blight Anchor today west of Frostwatch. I'll be curious to see if it comes back. But yeah, they definitely get removed pretty fast when they are spotted...

They come back after 24 hours.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

vel took on the one near the kira sw kira gaurd shack singlehanded when she was on the royal hunt - almost didn't make it and had to run from the mobs that had already spawned from it, but the anchor itself was gone for a while.....
    that was fun and all, but not something i am interested in doing again......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I suppose it loses its lustre if it keeps respawning. I'd only find it fun as an event if it actually made a difference whether you killed them or not.

Well, it can. I've heard they blight resources around them, and there is at least one that spawns in an area frequented by dragons on quests (the redbacked spider fields near Augh), and sits there spawning high-level blight mobs that run amok over the area. The blight mobs can run a very long way from the anchor.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I created a "Blight Anchors" channel, by the way. No one uses it so it doesn't actually have any worth at this point, but there it is.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Well you have to be online first, Xo :P

Thread Information