Thread: Removal of Red Walls

Default Removal of Red Walls

Lately while walking the world I've experienced the return of an old trend...getting stuck in the middle of nowhere behind a bunch of red property walls with the only return being a recall and a long trek back to where I was. It's becoming a common thing once again.

As it stands now, buildings now have individual security settings so there is no longer a need for these eyesores/hinderences. What I suggest is simple...remove the red walls.

Jeshimon

Default Re: Removal of Red Walls

As you walk into South March from the north you se a flask of red, but it has no real affect. If it were actually working as a barrier it would be most disconcerting.

i hate the red walls too
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Yes, we all hate the walls. I hate the walls. I hate the walls. I HATE the walls!

But people are entitled to security. Just like in RL, people are entitled to put up a fence, wether it be red or not.

I hate the walls. But I'm afraid not much can be done about it, except deal with it.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

there are feindish walls sandstone walls and stone walls they can build i can jump over fences myslf though
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

Quote Originally Posted by gusi
    Yes, we all hate the walls. I hate the walls. I hate the walls. I HATE the walls!
    You hate them? Try smashing headlong into one at 1,500 feet AGL while cruising along at 90 knots. Why, oh why do these blasted things apparently go all the way up to infinity?
    [li]
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Our guild settlement at Aki, via Harmony, has red walls around a plot, and we never put them there!! Wish we knew how to get rid of them, it's on the best plot : )

Quote Originally Posted by gusi

But people are entitled to security. Just like in RL, people are entitled to put up a fence, wether it be red or not.

I hate the walls. But I'm afraid not much can be done about it, except deal with it.
    Yes. That's why we have wall structure we can build.
    In RL, I don't remember facing a magical wall that encase an house.
    But I saw wall.
    If player want protection over their plot, they can build walls and fence.
    If they wany lock on theirs silo or guildhouse, they have lock, aka building permission.

Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

"Sudden" red walls in weird places are caused by a misaligment between your world cache and the server's. To cure it you have to clear the world cache and off the walls go.

About the infinite height of red walls: it's untrue. They are tall like 100 meters (half a dragon ceiling) and encase plots in a cube. In fact you can actually walk on the roof of that wall if you land [:O].

About the walls thing: I think that red walls are a fast'n'cheesy ugly fix to the fact that we have not doors to actually close and lock a plot surrounded by walls.

Even having doors, there would still be the problem of dragons flying over them and disturbing that so much sought after privacy (I am less sure about the sense of having it, but...).
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Rilramar

Dangit! Now I cant get Pink Floyd out of my head

Tear down the wall!

Thread Information