Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Client 382.14.0

Default Blight Client 382.14.0

• FIX: spelling mistake in def file newTellSoundVolume
    • FIX: Particle effects for spells work reliably
    • FIX: Particle effects for world objects don't disappear when the object reappears after going out of view distance
    • FIX: lair murals can be placed at any chamber attach point - temp fix
    • FIX: recalling does not result in a crash, especially around NPCs displaying the 'I have a quest for you' icon
    • FIX: Terrain clutter shows the proper clutter type over the corresponding terrain
    • FIX: The community survey map shows the entire community, (well, up to whatever is within view distance) not just what is in the frustum
    • FIX: The community survey map shows the correct community
    • FIX: The community survey map does not crash when visiting large communities such as mia's edge and valley of repose
    • FIX: The fog start/end distances got tweaked a bit
    • FIX: The fog density got lowered
    • FIX: Terrain load and unload distances expanded so one sector outside the far fog plane is loaded
    • FIX: Repeatedly entering a single '/' on a chat input bar and hitting enter has no effect when 0, 1 or more aliases are set
    • FIX: There is no 'grid' seen in low-res terrain
    • FIX: Terrain version updates are requested once when the sector is loaded, not repeatedly.
    Forgive me if I'm not supposed to be posting this; it looked like players have posted the delta threads before.

I'm assuming that fog here is talking about the fog that occurs everywhere to obscure things at the edge of your view distance. I assume this mostly because when I logged in, I thought my graphics settings were maxxed out on view distance. I can see sooo much more now. The game looks way better, assuming that the fog change caused it and it really isn't my graphics settings somehow setting themselves.

The terrain clutter fix appears to have solved the 'grass in Dralk' problem with the use of useloadingscreen false, so that's awesome. I can use clutter again, yay! :P

However, I did run into a crash that I was able to duplicate, getting this error. I flew Male-clone (wearing a ghost costume) over to this spot and attempted to remove the costume. I got booted with a connectivity error along with that error above. I'm not sure what that error means, so I thought maybe it had to do with the costume (which was still active when I got back on).

It looks like it's terrain related though, as I went back to the same spot, tried removing the costume, and it faded before I got kicked off with that same error again, though no connectivity issue this time. I stood in that spot for a few seconds at the least before getting kicked, both times.

..Actually, I should probably go test without the costume at all. Brb. XP

Yup. Stood there for a few seconds and got booted. Looks like something related to terrain that's distant, i.e. loading last.

I'd like to say that it's good seeing work done on the actual client. Hopefully whatever caused that crash isn't a deal-breaker, 'cause the game looked so much crisper with what I saw of it.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: Blight Client 382.14.0

Silly question, did you delete your world cache adn ran a full scan? Maybe the patch furbared that terrain and you simply need to redownload it with going there with the empty cache.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ah. Eheheh. That does indeed seem to have fixed it! I guess I know what that error means now. XD

Other stuff I noticed: The particle effects seem to be going off consistently, but a couple effects seem to either get cut short or go at superspeed, e.g. Dragon's Gift and Determination. Ravage's sound effect cut short as well. It looks like Primal Health does it too.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

recalling, with a silo window open but minimized,and amythest ui operating causes me to crash.
    recalling, with only the ui operating doesn't cause me to crash.

lol I know I shouldn't be so lazy and travel with my silos open that I'm refilling

Quote Originally Posted by Ryin View Post
    recalling, with a silo window open but minimized,and amythest ui operating causes me to crash.
    recalling, with only the ui operating doesn't cause me to crash.

lol I know I shouldn't be so lazy and travel with my silos open that I'm refilling

Actually, the client shouldn't crash when you do that.

Are you able to reproduce the crash when using the default UI?

sorry for the delay in replying.
    yep I crash with the default ui as well, so long as I have a silo window open.
    I have deleted world cache (through the games folder) and run a complete scan.
    It's the silo window it doesn't like.
    Also, the window vanishes when you reenter the game, it used to just become a copy of your invent window.
    I'm a comp moron so don't know what should or shouldn't happen I just notice what changes after a patch has been run

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Other stuff I noticed: The particle effects seem to be going off consistently, but a couple effects seem to either get cut short or go at superspeed, e.g. Dragon's Gift and Determination. Ravage's sound effect cut short as well. It looks like Primal Health does it too.
    I have experienced the same problem with Flame Attack and gifts. The animation, sound and particules seem to stop very fast.
    However, the good part of this client is that the sunscope or flame attack effects stay after a recall. They didn't in the previous Blight client.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Note that it wasn't just 382.14.0 that was patched out with this update. Some of the previous builds that were put up for testing and later rolled back due to bugs had their bugs fixed and were rolled out with it.

I'm going to try to compile a more complete list and post it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    However, the good part of this client is that the sunscope or flame attack effects stay after a recall. They didn't in the previous Blight client.
    OK, then to be more precise, the "previous Blight client" meant to be the build 382.13 (February 27 2008).
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Ive notice on this build especially on dragons that when I ground pound ( walk ),
    I get what i refer as the flat spot on a tire look like the dragon walks like its bump bump type thing , if anyone recalls the old bias belted tires if they sat for a long time
    they got flat spots and you get the smooth , bump smooth bump feeling.

Andy.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

The game has a new taskbar icon, but it still is named Horizons instead of Istaria *snickers* I like the new icon.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

It seems that spell effects abort once they are visible.

So far tested with gifts and epic spells. Which last longer then a normal bolt spell effect.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Been having a random Garbling of target text on first login. But, /loadUI clears it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another Bug with the blight client.. or moreso with it's aftermath...

It cuts down graphics resolutions in your ClientPrefs_Graphic.def when you go back to live all your textures are stuck in blurry LoD mode...

The lines it modifies are

int aghGlobalTextureReduction =
    int aghCharacterTextureReduction =
    float aghTextureReductionMult =

I have tested and none of the other settings change moving back to live and resetting those three lines back to 0 (Just a guess but it worked) Clears up the blurry graphics again.

---
    Sorai Nightfyre 100/100/100 Ancient of Chaos
    Alaysar Silverscale 100/100/100 Adult awaiting his plane ticket to Order

I've noticed that typing in a chat channel causes the member list to flicker each time I hit enter.

It's a minor annoyance, because the flicker makes it look like someone's joined or left channel and draws your attention to it.

Getting alot of 106 trans errors...have not had that issue myself in years until this client. Also got dropped with no error report now...directly to desktop.

Also experiencing the 'slinky' effect when travelling through areas. Seems as if the loading/unloading of areas beyond my current 'zone' are giving me that.

Another thing is that it now takes me between 10-15 minutes to load the game and roughly 5-10 minutes to port or recall. (my cache is fine)

To sum up...not a huge fan of this client or whatever changes were made along with its addition.
    Broc/ilKhan KrakenHazen/Moradine Stonehewer/Anthraxus/Erinn O'Melegrance
    Kraken Guard
    Blight

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken
    Also got dropped with no error report now...directly to
    desktop.
    I've had 2-3 of these since I've gotten the blight client.

Got the same problem today, tried to log in to blight, too me 20 minutes until my char appeared on the screen then. had to wait another 10 minutes until the world recogned me actually like buffs and teleport gates, after I managed to get to bris I crashed to the desktop. <_>

Also been having problems with crashing to my desktop with no error message, and the flickering thing with the members list in chats. Plus, I noticed when I killed a Blight Anchor, there was no fancy spell effect death like there usually is. D:
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleth Drakescale View Post
    Also been having problems with crashing to my desktop with no error message, and the flickering thing with the members list in chats. Plus, I noticed when I killed a Blight Anchor, there was no fancy spell effect death like there usually is. D:
    But there is one when you kill a Water Elemental (this monster also has a "fountain" effect that looks blighted). It is a bit epic for a simple monster, isn't it?

Thread Information