Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 Years Istaria (Horizons)!

Default 5th year anniversary!!

So who else? I hit my 5th year anniversary recently!

May Istaria live many more years to come!

Default Re: 5 Years Istaria (Horizons)!

Happy Birthday Istaria !!!
    My char was also created on the same day as Takora.

Well, so many special memories with this game. Great community ! I will never forget the community projects like the huge events for freeing the Sathirs and the Dryads.

And then the merge from Earth server to Unity server. Then I took a break, coming back when Unity found a new home on the old worlds. It's great to see that the game is still alive. Thanks a lot !
    Mysk_unity | Mysko_earth_unity
    Paladin 100 | Helian Adult Dragon 50/100
    Tinkerer 100, Carpenter 100, Weaponsmith 94 and other classes
    ~ Horizons Order Server (Ex-Unity/Ex-Earth)~

Default Re: 5th year anniversary!!

I guess I also hit my 5+ years then, started about 6 months prior to release at the begining of Beta2. Grats, and hopefully more years to come.

Five years... I took launch day off so that we could get the character names we wanted & get the guild name registered.

Like the song says, "What a long, strange trip it's been..."
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Five years... I took launch day off so that we could get the character names we wanted & get the guild name registered.

Like the song says, "What a long, strange trip it's been..."
    ... thus far.

And let there be new songs that will speak of the many tomorrows when they be yesterdays, those candles yet unlit and much less burned when they are old and melted wax and we yet light more.

Elder and wise... clear it was thy scribe had merely forgotten to complete thy words. I trust I be not remiss in so doing... .

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker

Five years... I'm 2.5 years behind that. Ah, well. I wish I could have been around at launch.
    <----clicky!

The Main Hall of Khazad-dum, fighting for freedom

Even though I am no longer apart of the community in person I want to wish Horizons a Happy belated Birthday and all the best in the future.
    The community surely was the finest ever seen in a MMO /salute.

An old Earthling paying his respects
    "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!!"

Fhrain Fireheart
    Dwarven Berserker at Night, Paladin in the Day
    --Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal--

Fhrain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 11111111111111111111 ONE!

*dragonhug*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Seems like it was in another lifetime it all started.

It's been a bumpy ride, but it's still going, that's more than can be said about most games after 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Have some old and dusty memories? Share them with us !
    I can think of at least 100 dusty memories. The problem is that they mean little to most people today, so sharing them serves little purpose.

A few things I could say that reek of dust:
    1) getting to level 100 on Cursed wolves + deadly ogres + marrows(marrows was bad news for a dragon since they where immune to common damage)
    2) getting to any craft level on tier 4 resources.... like cobalt..... for scales..... the horror....
    3) zymosis - that was fun.... if you where a dwaggy that is, I imagine it was pretty horrible for the bipeds
    4) roaming avatar of pain - Immagine a roaming mob with attending guards, that amongst other things went rigth past the portal point in morning ligth. My guess is that a lot of people have tried porting there, seing the load screen and then being dead upon getting a screen picture
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Ahh yea, I miss the roaming AoP - and I have memories of the attacks on Harro and other player cities that would shutdown portaling there for a couple days before we fought them back...

Wish they'd bring those back..those were fun!

One of my newer AoP memories comes from players dragging him over to Nadia and Co. and having him wipe them out...good times..good times..
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Ahh yea, I miss the roaming AoP - and I have memories of the attacks on Harro and other player cities that would shutdown portaling there for a couple days before we fought them back...

Wish they'd bring those back..those were fun!

One of my newer AoP memories comes from players dragging him over to Nadia and Co. and having him wipe them out...good times..good times..
    Invasions require a bit more manpower than we have unfortunately. And woah you should have seen the number of complaint tickets we used to get when we would shut down or camp portals.

I would like to bring back the AoP, but in his current state he's very VERY weak. He would need some serious buffing and reworking to make him a viable challenge again. Just hasn't really been a high priority issue yet.

Five years ago today I was answering support tickets, we were getting slammed, cause of the rocky launch (database issues). But we were all in high spirits and looking forward to great things.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Five years ago today I was answering support tickets, we were getting slammed, cause of the rocky launch (database issues). But we were all in high spirits and looking forward to great things.
    Elder and wise... and great things were achieved, aye and many they were.

But great things ye each and all, ye gods, achieve each day new. Great not only for the land that wakes, for the changes that ye bring to the land.. but for that thy sprits yet stand tall and and hold still the joy that is our land. A land that still holds no few close and warm, a land that the Woken hold yet closer.

Great things, elder? Oh, indeed... but greater yet each tomorrow .

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

I would like to bring back the AoP, but in his current state he's very VERY weak. He would need some serious buffing and reworking to make him a viable challenge again. Just hasn't really been a high priority issue yet.
    Dealing with the AoP again sounds like fun. Would definitely make attuning to some settlements like Harro or Morning Light a lot more interesting, not to mention gathering resources around the patrol paths.

And woah you should have seen the number of complaint tickets we used to get when we would shut down or camp portals.
    Aw, that's just whiny people with no sense of adventure.
    <----clicky!

i was here for 3/5ths of that time. ( i hit my 3rd year anniversary in November.)

Wow 5 years... I can't believe that.

I remember it well. Bevering away at forums (tazoon.com) at work when I should have been... well working! And then when work eventually finished I would bolt home and play until 3am... sleep too little then go back to work. There were times when I was absolutely wrecked.

May there be another 5 active, fun, evolving years!!

Rakku

In front of the computer, where else would I be?

Talking Re: 5 Years Istaria (Horizons)!

Happy B-Day HZ, but you know the sad thing about that is?

You reminded me that in 5 years i STILL ain't 100/100/100!

Ahhh the joys of being the most productively lazy dragon in all istaria!

Keep the years coming!
    Tamaracaran Thothalomadais: Dragon, As old as the world, Twice.
    Jamana Ternfaust: Gnome of 31 flavors!
    Erzat Ember: Dryad Battlemage, Construction Bug.
    Halfust Thothalomadais: Human somthing or other.

My 4 year anniversary here. I was playing EQ2 not long after their launch and husband wouldn't shut up about this game where he could play a dragon.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

Oh, I can't believe I missed this thread! O.o;

I remember when I first found Horizons while surfing deviantART; I came across one of Nara87's pictures (if you don't know of her, she has really great dragon piccus though I haven't looked for a while )--one of them was a drawing of her dragon from Horizons. So, being a curious little snot, I looked it up and fell in love with it instantly. XD

But mam and dad said no, and it faded from memory. A year later (the next summer, oddly) I rediscovered HZ and fell in love all anew. This time I practically had to get on my knees and beg, and they eventually said yes.

Now, nearly 2 years after the creation of my first character Galdethriel, I'm still hanging about and have come back to playing again.

HZ has had it's ups and downs, but it's my very first MMO and will always have a very special place in my heart. <3

Happy Birthday Istaria!

PS. Sorry it's late!

~Wuv from Galde

I haven't been around for very long here but I plan to stay for a while.

There is no other game like this one.

Thread Information