Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List of Istarian Deities

Default Re: List of Istarian Deities

If anyone wants a permanent home for them, I've updated the Istarian Gods page on the Wiki.

...sorry... more Wiki link-spam... I'll go back to my Wiki Editors cave and keep checking grammar and spelling... :P

Aaroo?

*tilts head*

"Invalid URL"
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Thanks.

I have to be mindful that I'm not a mod here, like I am at that other place I haunt.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Varrantoth

AKA: the Cruel, the Implacable, god of Strength and Endurance

Long ago he was considered to be part of the Istarian Pantheon. Varrantoth was once a compatriot of Daggarth and sought the hand of Alyssa in marriage who was betrothed to Galderos. Together, Daggarth and Varrantoth sought to bring low the mighty Galderos, but it was not to be and Daggarth was defeated on the field of battle. Galderos turned and gravely wounded Varrantoth and then gave chase to him as the god of Strength fled. But Varrantoth was known for his endurance and Galderos could not catch nor outrun him and eventually gave up and returned to wed Alyssa.

Varrantoth wept for his friend, Daggarth and his lost love, and carrying a newfound hatred burning in his breast, fled into the mountains and wilds never to be seen again. Varrantoth's symbol is that of a beating heart, for it is the heart that is the source of one's endurance. He is remembered only by the wise in Tazoon's halls and was cast out of the Pantheon after he sought exile.

His people are the Welger, long forgotten and lost in the wilds of Eastern Aradoth.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Varrantoth, god of Strength and Endurance
    Daggarth, god of Strength and the Ocean

Where both Varrantoth and Daggarth noted as gods of Strength, or did Daggarth take that designation after the exhile of Varrantoth?

I'm supposing that Varrantoth is still god of Endurance.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Varrantoth, god of Strength and Endurance
    Daggarth, god of Strength and the Ocean

Where both Varrantoth and Daggarth noted as gods of Strength, or did Daggarth take that designation after the exhile of Varrantoth?

I'm supposing that Varrantoth is still god of Endurance.
    Who's to say you can't have two gods of the same thing?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Definately NOT going to be me saying that!

I was just wondering IF they both were or if Daggarth took the title later.
    Daggarth does seem like a trouble-maker. There was this incident with Galderos, there was the inticing of the Trandalarans from the Mountain God. Who knows what else this usurper has been up to.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

You know, I somehow knew about Alyssa way back when I played before, though now I have no memory of her. Drulkar I certainly remember :P

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Who knows what else this usurper has been up to.
    Dun dun dun~

No, seriously. If memory serves, Daggarth was an evil-ish god back in original lore - the God of Malice. It's not surprising that he's still maintained somewhat cruel and malicious tendencies to this day.

I could be wrong on that, though he was always linked to strength. I don't have my old book ready for my usual retro-lore spiels... or was it Markus? ><;
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Wasn't markus like... a trickster god or something? *scratches head* I remember reading about him somewhere once, briefly... XD

Thread Information