Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Pack 3.4 and Marker Pack 1.1

Default Map Pack 3.4 and Marker Pack 1.1

The Map Marker Pack 1(with search grid) This file contains only definitions there are no maps included but it will work with any map pack which uses "resources_override/resources/interface/maps" directory.
    The Map Pack 3.4 (with above Updates)
    Thanks Terao for the permission to work on the map pack. I will not be working on the maps because I don't have the tools for that.

Made a large number of changes to definition formatting.
    1. Removed extra linefeeds and indents.
    2. Moving the float definitions for the Image to be right after the second beginner brace.
    3. Rounded WorldX WorldY numbers to get rid of 1/10's portion of the meters, which further reduces size of the file.
    4. Did this to all definition files in map marker pack.

Doing all this to definition files for town maps did not reduce file sizes much but I did it to have all the definitions formatted identically.

Examples of before and after below:
    MAP_ELEMENT
    {
    float WorldX = 14592.0
    float WorldY = 14889.7
    UI_WINDOWDEF Image
    {
    string Image = "map_marker_destpad_2.png"
    float H = 16
    string ToolTip = "146/148 Pad Garnet Bay"
    float W = 16
    }
    }
    MAP_ELEMENT
    {
    float WorldX = 14592.0
    float WorldY = 14889.7
    UI_WINDOWDEF Image
    {
    float W = 16
    float H = 16
    }
    }
    Final format below:

MAP_ELEMENT
    {
    float WorldX = 14592
    float WorldY = 14890
    UI_WINDOWDEF Image
    {
    float W = 16
    float H = 16
    }
    }

Below is screenshot of Abandoned Island area with all markers on and tooltip showing The yellow dots are the markers I used laying out search grid.

Changed layout of the addicon panel Foods, Resources, NPCs, Craft, Mobs, Arrows, Buldings and Structures, Walls, Leftovers, and they are sorted by tier.

Changed tooltips on addicon panel from file name type such as Clay_1 to Adobe the item name.

Added (400 Shown)and edited some of the map marker icons. Easiest to spot are the golem icons all gem golems have a diamond on chest, Stone golem have a Sash, Metal have shorts

Added Red arrows for showing paths where it possible to run into mobs as shown in partial map area of path from Harro to Draak

Added Path from Lerena to Draak

Below is map area in blight showing some of the walls gates and towers.

Named Mobs are on the NPC switch so they can be noticed easier by switching mobs off.

Added markers for Mhedon, Brecah, Verdeios, Gheniem, GrumbleGut some of these spawn in more than one location(not updated yet).

Installation

For the .zip Version: you will need to unzip the file then copy the resources_override folder into your Horizons folder and say "yes" if you get asked to overwrite, and it's always a good idea to make a backup of your old folder before you change it.

For the .exe version: unzip the file then double click the icon to start installation and follow the on screen instructions.

Both versions:

Edit with any text editor such as NotePad the value "string mapPath" at the bottom of the file located in the folder horizons/prefs/ClientPrefs_Common.def:
    string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"

This may have to be done after a Horizons update or a full scan too!

Only highres maps up to now, if it's recommended I can edit the lowres version of the Mappack, too. Up to now no one seems to want it.

Download

Default Re: Map Pack 3.4 and Marker Pack 1.1

WOW!!!! This is going to be a great addition. Thanks for updating the maps.

Thank you !!!

Nice. I don't use the map pack, but I like what you've done with it.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thank you for this update.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Sounds great!
    Thanks for doing all that work

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Someone online pointed out to me that the install version will not work properly for persons that have install directory other than Artifact Entertainment such as Vitrium.

If install does not work correctly check that first, and you may need to delete Artifact Entertainment directory.

Quote Originally Posted by Katscratch View Post
    Someone online pointed out to me that the install version will not work properly for persons that have install directory other than Artifact Entertainment such as Vitrium.
    Check your PM about this problem.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

this looks great
    thank you very much

This all looks very nice! I'm definitely going to try this pack out. I was getting tired of the errors on mine and was just about ready to start updating it myself... so you saved me tons of time and effort.
    <----clicky!

i have a question bout this map pack ic that the stone and rescorces are labled by tiers but are they also by type so if i searched for Slate would that work or do you have to search like t1 stone or t2 stone? just wondering

It's called Slate on the map, not T2 Stone.

So after running this on HZ I did have a few comments. Firstly, I can't add icons of my own using the new images. When I click on Place New Marker, I am only presented with the standard grayscale arrows/punctuation/otherboringstuff markers. I downloaded the Map Pack 3.4.

Also, I think you may have missed a few things on your pack. Is it okay if we point them out here or post other improvement suggestions?
    <----clicky!

Pointing them out here is good

Which version did you use cause it might only be a problem with one of the downloads.

There is another error from map pack 3.3 that I had fixed on my own system before uploading but I forgot that just installing map pack 3.4 would not fix it automatically for others.

The default directory names for the biped training isles are Island1, Island2, etc. Map pack 3.3 had directories named NewBrommel, NewTrismus, etc.

So when I had installed Map Pack 3.3 I had 2 directory sets for those islands which caused New Trismus map to be disjointed looking, the reason was that installing map pack 3.3 did not erase the default island directories.

I fixed it by deleting the NewBrommel etc. directories and Map pack 3.4 uses the defaults.

Lovely job!

..For some reason though, all sorts of map packs seem to hate me. My map always gets all messed up and becomes like a puzzle, or then I see only black.

I installed the mark pack and did exactly like instructions said, and now again I see only black on my map. Markers show just fine, but it's kinda problematic if I can't see where I'm going

Racia Trejan & Trica - Helians of Chaos
    Salama Lizran - Lunus of Unity --> Chaos (alive but retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Katscratch View Post
    Pointing them out here is good
    I had a few but I forgot. XD I'll stay on the lookout for them though.

The first one that comes to mind offhand is the t6 azulyte. You have it marked in Draak. While there is azulyte there, it's t0 (or t1?) azulyte needed only for the attuning to Draak quest. The real t6 azulyte is in the ED. I can get you exact coords next time I'm in-game.
    <----clicky!

Violet Azulyte (t6) 29400/24000

Soraii / Alaysar

i love the map packs and this one is very very good but .. it take soo long to the map to open and i lag when i open it like . i press m and every thing on the screen stops as the map is opening . and it can take a few mins to open ? does this to the same thing to others ? other than that it is a very good mappack ^^
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Yup I get this too, anytime I need to refresh my map cause I join a group or something I can expect a pause of 30+ seconds. It's most annoying when I go to the Dralk vaultkeeper for the first time per login. XD
    <----clicky!

Thread Information