Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map Pack 3.4 and Marker Pack 1.1

Default Re: Map Pack 3.4 and Marker Pack 1.1

I get it too, just not as bad as you do, it's most noticable if I'm leaving a city area or have zoomed somewhere else to look at something then recenter on my spot on the map. I try to make sure I close my map before leaving a city. Try turning some of the options off and see if that helps. Then all you need to do is turn the ones you need/want back on when you need your map.

The map pack has some scaleforges marked that shouldn't be (in a lair? That's not shard-specific, is it? ) and some that aren't that should be (namely, the New Rach one).
    <----clicky!

I have added a new Zip File to the ones you are already able to get. It consists of one file that overwrites the file that has search grid markers in it.

http://bedtrick.com/remove_search_grid.zip

Simply unzip it in a safe location and then copy the Resources directory into your resources_override directory.

Hi all,

Question, I cant get the map pack to work properly, and I'm certain that I've missed something.

I tried the installer, which seemed to work fine. Then I went and changed the map line in prefs. When I log into to game the map won't populate. I just get a black screen. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwolf View Post
    Hi all,

Question, I cant get the map pack to work properly, and I'm certain that I've missed something.

I tried the installer, which seemed to work fine. Then I went and changed the map line in prefs. When I log into to game the map won't populate. I just get a black screen. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks
    Checked if you changed your path correctly to "resources_override/resources/interface/maps" ?
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

To All Vista Users, In order to successfully install the mappack on windows vista you must first Edit the permissions of .pref's file and give your account full control. If you do not do this it will not let you save the file.

Quote Originally Posted by Katscratch View Post
    The .Exe Installer Will not work properly for window's vista due to diffrent file structures within the client. In order to Install this on windows vista you must use the .zip version.

1. Download .zip version to desktop and extract to desktop.
    2. Go into the extracted folder and copy the Interface folder.
    3. Paste Interface folder in Istaria/resources_override.
    4. Find clientprefs_common.def file and right click then hit properties.
    5. In security tab give your account full control over the file.
    6. Change the last line of clientprefs_common.def file to read:
    String mapPath = 'resources_override/interface/maps"

You May or may not have to restart your computer <depending on your security settings> for these changes to take effect.

WTG Tal thank you for placing this in here... I'm at work (slow day) hoping to get home soon hehe I got CRAFTIN ta do!!!!! doesnt my job know this???
    "No greater love is there than one that lays his life down for his friends"

Quote Originally Posted by Tal-Maru View Post
    The .Exe Installer Will not work properly for window's vista due to diffrent file structures within the client. In order to Install this on windows vista you must use the .zip version.

1. Download .zip version to desktop and extract to desktop.
    2. Go into the extracted folder and copy the Interface folder.
    3. Paste Interface folder in Istaria/resources_override.
    4. Find clientprefs_common.def file and right click then hit properties.
    5. In security tab give your account full control over the file.
    6. Change the last line of clientprefs_common.def file to read:

You May or may not have to restart your computer <depending on your security settings> for these changes to take effect.
    You are mistaken on this point:

String mapPath = "resources_override/interface/maps"

This is the old way Cobal's Map Pack was working. Correct string is now:

String mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"

With the right string, you will have your map with the installer with the Live client (currently v381.34.35) or the Blight client (currently v383.2.1). Just have a look in the read me.

If you use the Blight client (which you have to use to play with Windows Vista), you also have to edit the ResourceMeta.def file in Resources folder: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...8&postcount=21

The only specific thing with Windows Vista is setting the permissions on the .def files.
    So you just have to use the installer and edit 2 .def files (after setting permissions) to enjoy your Map Pack.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

My install works fine on my rig. And everybody else's that I have walked throu the install process. and doesnt involve editing more files then nessicary. Will also hold up through a patch. And this is only for Vista user's playing with the Blight Client.

Thread Information