Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Default Windows 7

Just curious if anyone has tried to see if Istaria will run in the new Windows 7 OS? After all the problems with Vista it would be nice to see if the new OS is compatible.

Default Re: Windows 7

i have been watching this os closely... it might be better than the virus knowen as vista key word might i did read that it can curpt mp3 files under certan condishions how ever

i honstly can not answer this question at this time due to the system is not even out for beta yet
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

That would be great it if was compatible... I'd happily jump right over Vista and get Windows 7. But if it isn't... Well, let's cross our fingers and hope that the dev team can find a fix for Vista that works for both.
    <----clicky!

Windows 7 should also be called vista se. Doubt there will be any change in how the game plays.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I heard about that discussed in another thread. Maybe it just depends on where the problem between HZ and Vista occurs? If the improve the compatibility of Windows 7 over Vista, then maybe it'll work.
    <----clicky!

Well I'm in the midst of putting together a new computer, I'm hoping Windows 7 beta is released soon and I'm going to use it on my new system see how it does. I'll add Horizons after I get it stable. But unsure as to when but it will probably be a few more months.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

What about Horizons running on WinXP 64bit? Anyone tried this? Soon I will be building a new pc with 6 to 12 Gb ram. Be helpful if xp64 can in fact run Hz. I will likely keep dual booting like I do now.

It runs fin on XP 64. I use to run it all the time on that.

A word of warning, driver support on Windows XP x64/Windows Server 2003 (NT 5.2) is limited.

Hatchling Dragon of Chaos, following the path of Lunus___ ___DRAG 38 / DCRA 55
    Ofnir, Sslik of Chaos. WAR 14 CLRC 10 MAGE 10 SPRT 14 / OUT 10 ARM 10

I got the 32 bit and 64 bit version of the Windows 7 Beta this afternoon.

So far, my experience has been mostly positive. I like the GUI alterations, it reminds me a lot of KDE and Gnome. 7 is essentially Vista, however. Their relationship is similar to that between Windows 2000(NT5.0) and Windows XP(NT 5.1). Vista is 6.1, Windows 7 is 6.1.

I installed 7 on my Sager 5720 notebook. The install was smooth, taking about 25 to 30 minutes. Vista used to take this long as well, before it accumulated 2 years of patches and updates. The 7 Beta missed the same drivers that Vista missed on my notebook, namely the Realtek audio and the integrated USB web cam.

I'll be testing more apps with it in the coming weeks, but I doubt Hz will be among the apps I throw at it. The only XP box I have right now is my Asus EeePC, which doesn't have the graphics power for 3D Pong let alone Horizons.

I'm downloading the 64 bit version of it now and I've got a beta key. The one thing I think will cause problems is my usb wireless adaptor since I can't find a driver for neither the 32 or 64 bit versions. Perhaps the Vista one will work.

Rakku

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    I'm downloading the 64 bit version of it now and I've got a beta key. The one thing I think will cause problems is my usb wireless adaptor since I can't find a driver for neither the 32 or 64 bit versions. Perhaps the Vista one will work.

Rakku
    How do you get a beta key ?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e.../dd353205.aspx

folow the link, at the bottom of that page choose what OS you want 32 or 64 and click the arrow. Next page has your product key and download instructions.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I don't plan on upgrading my OS again, even if I had the money, untill Vista is completely obsolete. Pretty much like I did with windows 2000.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by Death-knell View Post
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e.../dd353205.aspx

folow the link, at the bottom of that page choose what OS you want 32 or 64 and click the arrow. Next page has your product key and download instructions.
    thank you ! Too bad french is not available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    How do you get a beta key ?
    Well the page was not working when I tried it so I tried the mighty Google. It turns out that there are only 5 or so keys for each version (32 and 64 bit) so 10 in total. I've tried the official page now that it's working, got a key and -sure enough- it is one of the keys I found on some techy page via google.

I'm trying the 64 bit version... if at least one other tries the 32-bit version that would be useful I guess.

Rakku

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post

I'm trying the 64 bit version... if at least one other tries the 32-bit version that would be useful I guess.

Rakku
    Downloading it now

Brave people... I don't touch beta versions of an operating system.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Brave people... I don't touch beta versions of an operating system.
    how bad can it be ?

HAHAH... It can be as bad as any pre-production release of any software. Meaning it could be polished and close to release quality or it could be super super super bad and crash. For normal software, that doesn't bother me that much. But personally, for an OS I prefer something that isn't officially in beta since the OS has greater access and control over your actual drivers and hardware. It can cause irreparable damage to your computer. I'd prefer to not take that chance.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information