Thread: A hello from an ooold player.

Default A hello from an ooold player.

How goes it everyone? It's been several years since I last played, the game at the time had just launched under the game Horizons. Heck, I still have the beta client and launch box/CD for the game. I miss the old days.

At the time I played what we called an 'adventurer' but are now seemingly known as bipeds. When did that change occur? Hahaha I specialized in Blood Magic, so I'm looking forward to trying it again. Especially since my tenure as active duty is finished. Gotta love the medical benefits of getting blown up!

Anyhoo, I left the game due to real world reasons a good eight months after launch. I popped in every now and then to see how the world changed, only to see it bounce between companies. So, now I'm trying to establish back into the world for good. Luckily I had a computer with XP on it in the closet that could let me play. Couldn't get past a the SilentPatcher Error on Vista. Oh well.

So, now that I'm back, what should an old mage fan like me play this time through? Seems like Istaria is a whole 'nother beast. Which server seems more stable population wise and how the heck do I get rid of multiple textures covering each other?

Just a oldie tunning back into the game after a looong absence.

Default Re: A hello from an ooold player.

Welcome back to Istaria! Mage is a fine class for a biped to start with in game. Dragons cast spells too, but last I knew dragons were a little more effective with tooth & claw than spellcasting. As for biped race, try whatever you think you'll have the most fun with. :-) Fiends get a bonus with ice magic but mages seem to thrive on fire & energy attacks more; I think humans have some minor bonus with magic but I don't recall what it is, just that most people seem to think other races have better bonuses.

Blood magic sounds shaman-ish to me, I don't know that any race is particularly more suited for it - but then again, I've not tried most of them, so maybe someone else can comment?

*Raises her wing and jumps around*. I'll comment, Awdz, I'll comment! Oh...no I won't, not on the biped question anyway...what was I thinking? *Sighs*

I am a dragon, (or two, lol), so I can't say. I do believe that Awdz is right about tooth and claw for us dragons, though! I can charge right in there as a tank...big as a tank, too...and inflict some damage!

Whatever/whomever you choose, Taylon, I am sure you will enjoy.

I want to welcome you back, and I also want to thank you sincerely for serving your country. I hope that you did not suffer too harshly in getting blown up (although I can imagine no other outcome) and grant you my strongest wishes for a full and rapid recovery.

*Nuzzles*

Aine, adult dragon / Cerridwin, juvenile dragon (both currently lost in cyberspace. )

Welcome back to Istaria

The Ice Queen has Awaken!http://dragcave.net/user/Carsia

Thanks for the quick answer!
    Nothing too bad happened in total. Reconstruction on my knee, femur, two ribs, my fore arm and hip was the most of it. =)

However, I remember playing a dragon before they even had Flight, so I'll likely be tackling them as well. Though population wise, on Chaos, Dragons seem to outnumber adventurers. Find this kind of odd.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

If you still have your old login info, you'll still have your character and wherever it was transferred to, unless you deleted it yourself.

Welcome back to Istaria.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Welcome back !

Hallooooo!!!

*sees dragons bearing straight jackets and starts fleeing again*
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Taylon View Post
    Nothing too bad happened in total. Reconstruction on my knee, femur, two ribs, my fore arm and hip was the most of it. =)

However, I remember playing a dragon before they even had Flight, so I'll likely be tackling them as well. Though population wise, on Chaos, Dragons seem to outnumber adventurers. Find this kind of odd.
    That sounds pretty bad, to me... Keep healing.
    I think there are more dragons on Order shard, too, or a 50/50 split, if not. I suspect it is because this is the only game in which we can play them. All others, we are expected to kill them. In my case, that was the big pull to this game. (Add to that the fact that I am just not organized enough to successfully play a biped, with all the options they have, lol.)

Just wait until you experience flight, Taylon! It is phenomenal!

I'll definitely try a Dragon again, sounds like fun. Right now I'm just trying to tackle a wierd graphics bug. Seems like every texture and mesh known to man (and a few only known to dolphins) are fighting for the right to exist on my screen. It's kind of hard to concentrate while playing when everything is flashing constantly. =/ I have a ticket in, just waiting patiently for the reply.

I'll definitely try a Dragon again, sounds like fun. Right now I'm just trying to tackle a wierd graphics bug. Seems like every texture and mesh known to man (and a few only known to dolphins) are fighting for the right to exist on my screen. It's kind of hard to concentrate while playing when everything is flashing constantly. =/ I have a ticket in, just waiting patiently for the reply.
    Welcome back! And I hope the healing goes well

If it's texture issues, it's possibly a video card problem. Try and update the drivers you have. You might also have more success running in full-screen or non full-screen (basically whatever you are not in at the moment

Blood Mages are definitely still in the game, if they are the ones you are thinking of. If you are starting a new player from scratch, you need to have 200 Spirit which you can get by becoming a Spiritist. Yes, it is complicated - sorry for all the link-spam, it's just easier that typing it all in and I am inherently lazy

Hope you enjoy your return!

I had that bug a few times before. The first time, I just had to clear my world cache a couple times and redownload all that good stuff. The second was when my new graphics card was being very glitchy. Egh!

I don't know you as I'm rather new myself, but welcome back!

that's because they keep getting eaten.... *licks her lips and grins toothily*

Welcome back. Dragons can be great spell castors, at least I seem to be able to wreck plenty of havoc with my spells. I do use both spells and talons, though. Kitties are very fun to play and run very fast, the bugs are pretty cool too, though, can make you a bit dizzy. Oh, wait, maybe that's just me *grins again* The game has changed some, the players come and go, Chaos, I believe, has the largest community. Order has fairly strict roll playing, from what I understand, though, when Chaos was down, they were very courteous to us and allowed us to get away with not being so formal, and helped us a lot. Blight used to be mostly for testing and when I step in there, seems to be very few players on at a time. I have played since.. oh, well, never mind, that is too long to think about, though, not quite since inception, very soon after, and no, dragons couldn't fly yet, and hoard disintegrated as you sat there....Blood-magic is quite fun, and at least one of my toons uses some of it. I have half giant, leezard, kitty, bug, and several dragons in various stages of developement. I enjoy them all, and all have different things they do well.
    Bring me my Broadsword, and clear understanding.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

bug??? what race is a bug???
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Dryads?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information