Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nadia and Tech Comps

Default Nadia and Tech Comps

I know you all LOVE to discuss this topic. But I wanted to run through this one more time.

Other than the bone splinters and spiderling silk, what tech comps are needed that do not drop as loot? And if splinters and silk were made available, is there anything else that would stop the removal of Nadia?
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; January 6th, 2009 at 03:39 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Nadia and Tech Comps

May i ask what would gained by removing Nadia...will it improve game performance...is nadias inventory space needed...just wondering motivation behind it. Move may improve economy id say...but plenty of folks still use Nadia despite prices when in a hurry.

Not sure whether im for or against this, but curious to why she would be removed or if needed to be removed.

Please discuss removing or not removing Nadia in this other thread:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...d.php?p=211918

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

So can anyone think of any tech comps that are missing (other than splinters and spiderling silk)?

Have all Myloc parts been removed from techs, i know aehile ago i still needed Myloc hair for something.
    Last edited by Teto Frum; January 6th, 2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: changes

Pretty sure they have. i know we worked on that this past fall.

Kicker tech comps. Steel Golem frags is one of them.

well there not removed just ridiculously hard to get
    Imbued armor splinters
    Mirth golem fragments
    Zombie werewolf skull...
    Abomination Skulls
    Vexation Fringes
    FLAME OGRE JAWBONES
    Wind Golem Vapors
    Flame bone splinter
    Ice bone splinter
    Energy bone splinter
    Kwellen Energy Node

Hard to come by
    Greater Mummy Scarabs
    Red backed Spider Eyes Breeder

these comps seldom drop from me and althow i want to eat her and have draged a mob to 10 over to her during the dark era after stealing my gold she is still needed
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

It's Blighted Spider Silk thats needed for Spirit Webbing. (Just to clarify)

Nadia sells Veteran Skeleton Skulls, though I'm not sure they are even needed. Veteran Skeletons actually drop Veteran Skeleton Sternums.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

I've asked our database guru to pull me a list of what is needed based on the techniques available in game. I'll be sure to keep an eye out special for "Veteran Skeleton Skulls". Thanks for the head's up.

Might be a good idea to review all tiers of the buff banners that can be earned from nature tower to make sure that those comps are all included. I think the spiderling silk might have been removed simply because it no longer had a purpose in crafting, but whoever removed them did not realize they were still needed to run the T1 tempest banners. This is the only one I know of, only because I don't have the alts with enough skill to make anything higher. Does anyone know if there are other missing comps to run the higher tier banners?

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

How about another western deadlands spiral event which introduces expert banners and t5 t6 version of the volcano and tempest techs?

Why use comps for the banners at all? Just put a timer on them. Oh and at least allow the volcano and tempest effects to stack.

They weigh a bit much too.

I would say because they are too powerful to not be run off of somthing that runs out eventually and takes some effort to get.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Might want to check the Forest Oastic's Petals or whatever the comp is for them. I believe Covalence V is one of the tech's that is used for...
    Fierce Wyrm, The Annatar, Order Shard
    100 Adventure, Crafter and Lairshaper/Hoard 51 mil

Thanks folks. Just FYI, Steel Golem Fragments on the kickers have been replaced, Blighted Spider Silk replaced and all splinters are back as loot.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Thanks folks. Just FYI, Steel Golem Fragments on the kickers have been replaced, Blighted Spider Silk replaced and all splinters are back as loot.
    Sweet. What will drop the splinters? Western Deadlands spiral skellies?

You know, taking a group down into the spiral is actually pretty fun and challenging (even for multiclassed peds). Now we have a reason again to do so.

Skeletons in northern deadlands drop splinters. But they won't be needed for the banners anymore. We've switched the banners to something else entirely (a different resource for each tier of banner)

Ok. But currently for Dragons on the Elemental Breath quests, the splinters are only dropping on WD skellies, not the Northern Deadlands ones. Just making sure some wires don't get crossed someplace.

Also, the quests may need the descriptions looked at, I think they still say to go to northern deadlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Ok. But currently for Dragons on the Elemental Breath quests, the splinters are only dropping on WD skellies, not the Northern Deadlands ones. Just making sure some wires don't get crossed someplace.

Also, the quests may need the descriptions looked at, I think they still say to go to northern deadlands.
    Aye this has been said multiple time. And Toraebel is not in Tazoon but in Kirascant, please fix the quests descriptions because it has caused a lot of headaches to many dragons I know.

Thread Information