Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadia Discussion

Default Re: Nadia Discussion

Not to mention picking up comps along the way while questing.

You know what I'd love? A component trade-in. Finally, a use for all those icy dire fangs and GIB mandibles!
    <----clicky!

Hmm please post here yr best elapsed time to receive 10 dropped Wind Golem Vapors..

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos
    Hmm please post here yr best elapsed time to receive 10 dropped Wind Golem Vapors..

Knossos
    I got 10 in about 2-3 hours.

What about having Nadia only sell the tech comps that don't drop anymore?

Creme - 3 hours for 10 wind golem vapors is most impressive - Hats Off!

Knossos

Please rid us of Nadia forever. I like the idea of turning her into a killable mob for a while. I vote for giving her a green glow and dropping her in the ED.

Some of the examples here of the difficulty in getting comp drops are ridiculous.
    Mithril frags, Blue fringes and Vet Abom Chest Skulls drop often enough.

The problem is too many folks have short arms and deep pockets. Be willing to pay more for the comps or trade your hard earned crafting skills and hunters will be more willing to get them for you. Stop expecting everything for next to nothing or no effort.

I rarely see requests for comps in the MP channel on Order. When I do, people only want to pay a tiny price, 5-15 silver each, for T5 comps. This is not worth the time and effort involved to get some of these comps.

Hopefully this thread won't lead us to the situation we had with Ogre Zombies.. That is increase the comp drop rate of mobs and give them a nice spawn area of their own where you can farm 100 comps per hour.

I go with Aaelefein 1oo% an vote no!

But I like Soraii`s idea.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Vortura
    Please rid us of Nadia forever.

Some of the examples here of the difficulty in getting comp drops are ridiculous.
    Mithril frags, Blue fringes and Vet Abom Chest Skulls drop often enough.

The problem is too many folks have short arms and deep pockets. Be willing to pay more for the comps or trade your hard earned crafting skills and hunters will be more willing to get them for you. Stop expecting everything for next to nothing or no effort.

I rarely see requests for comps in the MP channel on Order. When I do, people only want to pay a tiny price, 5-15 silver each, for T5 comps. This is not worth the time and effort involved to get some of these comps.

Hopefully this thread won't lead us to the situation we had with Ogre Zombies.. That is increase the comp drop rate of mobs and give them a nice spawn area of their own where you can farm 100 comps per hour.
    Very true Vortura. Mith Frags, Blue fringes and Vet Abom Chest Skull drop rates are fine. And I agree with you 100% on the Ogre Zombie drop rate being ridiculously high for a period of time. The scale back quantity is fine on the Toes now.

I would suggest that rather than increasing the DROP rates on the comps, that the spawns/spawn locations for the more difficult to acquire items be increased. Rather than an improved drop rate on T5 Kwellen for example, I'd rather see much more increased spawn rates on them.

Some rebalancing of which components go on which techniques could also be revisited. The storm/thunder/lightning ogre comps as well as the Naghuk Jawbones could easily be used on some other techniques. Right now you have several components that have a list of techniques that practically scrolls past the window (exaggeration), whilst others are only used on a single technique.

Quite frankly... Unless there is a MAJOR game performance issue that requires her deletion, I say let her stay.

At the end of the day, there are three types of players. (My thought, don't flame here based on this)

Type 1 - No Real Work - These are the types that I feel you (read the Devs, aka Amon) are trying to "get rid of". These are the folk that gold grind, then buy all their bits from the thief, and contribute nothing to the game.

Type 2 - Pissed Off at Drop Rate - These folk have spent days, or weeks, or months or years hunting a single tech bit. Not wanting to ever give even 1 COPPER to the thief (is where I have been of late).

Type 3 - Emergency Tech Needer - These folk are those that realize, last minute, that they need a few techs to craft one last scale or jewelry piece to craft a Spell of Hotness for their slayer friend. They need it NOW so they can go help kill Slayer O Badness so Friend can finish Quest O Sweetness before it gowz away. They reluctantly go talk to the thief, cuz they can't afford to spend the next MONTH hunting ONE LAST tech bit to make their needed bit.

In the end, this all boils down too....

There is NO need to take out the thief (aka Nadia). Leave her prices where they are (MAYBE raise them 1%) and FIX THE BLOODY TECH BIT DROPS ON THE SATYR ISLES and other places!!! I spent over a YEAR trying to get bits for 4 sets of crafting scales. I FINALLY gave into multiple friends FORCING gold onto me to buy the last bits I needed.

By fixing the drop rates, most folk will happily head out to hunt for bits. At the same time, ADVERTISE Sir Aden, as well as DRASTICALLY increase the amount of time items can stay on a connie. Ifn the bits I place on Aden would stay there for a month, I like. When they stay there a week, it gets annoying, spending all my time dragging them from a vault "somewhere" to Sir Aden to relist.

By leaving the thief, when someone DESPERATELY needs to make something NOW, they can go grab bits, and make it NOW. For most, they will still head into the field and find their own bits, so they dunna have to spend tens of hundreds of gold to buy bits.

So, in the end, my thought is to "Leave her the heck alone." As much as I want to try to pull the Avatar of Pain onto her head, Leave her there.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I have been waiting for Nadia to disappear for years now. Yes I would like her gone. Always wanted to sell comps from my plot, but that dream has been long gone too.

The drop rates right now I think are fine. I personally dont like everything to be handed to me like candy. There are only a few comps left that are difficult and would be nice if they WEREN'T turned into candy too such as wind golems and energized kwellen nodes to name a couple.

Some concider hunting comps grind. Well I concider crafting grind and enjoy hunting comps. To each their own I guess.

Whatever happens we won't please everyone.......

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire
    At the same time, ADVERTISE Sir Aden, as well as DRASTICALLY increase the amount of time items can stay on a connie. Ifn the bits I place on Aden would stay there for a month, I like. When they stay there a week, it gets annoying, spending all my time dragging them from a vault "somewhere" to Sir Aden to relist.
    I agree 100% with this. I think more players would use Sir Aiden if comps stayed on him for a longer period of time. Rather than limiting him to a month as you suggested, I would even suggest a longer period of time, perhaps 2 months. If at some point listings increase to the point where he is overloaded, the time frame can be re-assessed and adjusted.

Oh I am reminded of something. Has anyone ever looted a scalecraft or jewelery recharge kit formula since the Vielo have been removed ? I've never got any though I've been hunting for a long time at the GIBs. I start to doubt those have been added to the loot tables ; I'd hate to see that happen with splinters and other comps.

Default Re: Nadia and Tech Comps

Aside from the rediculous tediousness (not really difficulty) of acquiring some of the T5 components, I don't see any reason to keep her around. I am sure the other Vielo miss her, whereever they are.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I got 10 in about 2-3 hours.
    Indeed, this is possible:
    After 2 days of useless hunting, Flame and me had only 1/3 of what we needed, so we asked one of our uber-biped friends to help us .
    He pulled the whole tempest area, killed them all and kept us alife. Only thing
    we had to do was looting everything behind him. It took him about 45 min (9 vapors).
    What does that mean for our society?
    Nadja will be replaced by others, who easyly are able to grind even the hardest- to- get- tech comps.
    Atm I can decide how to earn the money to pay Nadja. I can do diamond chips or sandstone^^
    How do I pay my co- players? Working for them? Trade (rare) items? Sell my soul?
    (those players seldom need money).
    How about players, who have no connections to the propertied class?
    Or want to be/stay independent?

Lets think about this aspect too.

(the pros and cons for hunting comps are already discussed here)

Lov is right, as it is not hard to hunt the comps you need on the satyr island. You just have to put thought in it where the landing spots are, where it is safe to pull and what you can pull without adding something and when you have to fly away/run away. It took me back on unity about 3 hours to get 20 ghost vapors the sternums and vex fringes that i needed for my scales.

And yes, there are probably many players that love to go bounty hunting for comps, that want to make money without grinding hours of gems and sell them to the PB.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

*lolsigh* nice that you agree dear, but you did not get my point

As a solo classed adventure wise (low level) and multiclassed crafter, I need Nadia for crafting component techs... I never see the ones I need for sale elsewhere, and have nagged on market for days with no luck..

This goes along with not being too happy about talking about guarding all the resource fields again - how does a pure crafter fit in??
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

In my opinion, people should be able to choose how they get their comps. They should be able to choose between spending hours to grind money to buy them, or spending hours to hunt them, or both if they want to. Just like crafters should be able to choose between unguarded fields with small amounts of ressources and fields with multiple motherlodes but many mobs around. The risk versus reward thing. Balancing is the tough job IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    After 2 days of useless hunting, Flame and me had only 1/3 of what we needed, so we asked one of our uber-biped friends to help us .
    He pulled the whole tempest area, killed them all and kept us alife. Only thing
    we had to do was looting everything behind him. It took him about 45 min (9 vapors).
    Wow... Too bad this isn't a very time-effective way for me to hunt golems (how long do you think this biped has been playing? ) because it's obviously more effective than my method. To answer the earlier question about how long to get 10, it would take me days. Of course, that's not days of non-stop playing... RL won't let me do that.

I see no reason to go "bounty hunting" for components as things are now because there's no reason to except to be nice to the community. What will I get out of it if coin doesn't matter (unless I sell the comps for a LOT), and I can't do a trade because the comps I want aren't being offered? It's hard to replace Nadia with a community-ran system where people hunt and sell because no one has a reason to do that.
    <----clicky!

My stance has changed several times on this. I still believe Nadias removal could be good for game, starting some sort of economy. But after discussing it in game with both guild and friends have decided that Nadia should not be removed at this time.

Istaria has more serious problems than there being a comp crutch ingame that should be focused on at this time. If your in the hospital with a broken leg, you need a crutch, Nadias not the problem...FIX whats broken before you take away the crutches, make Nadia irrelevent then no one will care when shes gone. But until that time I'll switch back to the majority and say keep Nadia for now.

Thread Information