Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Istaria Videos Discussion.

Default Istaria Videos Discussion.

Dung?
    Ooh whats this? I've not seen anything like these before, are these some teasers from the upcoming dungeon?

Tell me what exactly are we looking at? Dung beetle mounds?

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Default Re: Istaria Videos Discussion.

"Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Those are long time ingame, except the fact that they where until now just objects and done nothing, example near Aughundell: (no they don't move yet), some of them I saw also in the EB at the necrofly spawns.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Yes, I've seen them, but they weren't really touchable in any way. This sounds exiting though.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Whoohoo! Looks like it might be a groovy new enemy. OwO Good stuff, good stuff.

You know, I'd be more than happy to help out if someone would teach me how to model and make animations in 3D. I'm a fast learner.

Anyone feel like teaching me? No? Fudge. XDDDD

I hope the maze is close to completion, I can't wait. OwO

~Galde

Oh, and sorry for the double post, but this new video section, can players upload their videos too?

~Galde

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Those are long time ingame, except the fact that they where until now just objects and done nothing, example near Aughundell: (no they don't move yet), some of them I saw also in the EB at the necrofly spawns.
    Good eye spotting those. XD I never would have payed any attention to something that seemed like just part of the environment. Especially since it sounds like it is just part of the environment... for now... XD
    <----clicky!

Great that its being turned into an actual mob type .

Love the death effect. Grossin'me out

Though poop is disgusting! LOL Oy...poop mobs...

And people thought harvesting poop in WoW was bad enough..in Istaria we get to battle with it *blinks*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Anyone else notice how the 'victim dragon' is brown?

Coincidence? I don't think so.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

We get to play with poo omg that so what the word lol :3 isn't that nasty lol but sound fun heh heh talk about animation I am student animator at min I can do 3d maya main program that used which is a bit of pain sometimes lol Oh just notice it is adobe maya used in vidoes you can see animation code in left corner lol I think that what it is :3

but overall a fun update to come i hope
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post

The victim dragon is the default dragon model. When you run HZ in offline mode you get that brown dragon.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

The victim dragon is the default dragon model. When you run HZ in offline mode you get that brown dragon.
    You spoiler!!

It's from the brownstorm! *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

You spoiler!!

It's from the brownstorm! *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*
    ewwwwwwwwww..... *prepares breath of fire to flame any incoming poo* xD

Will Breath of Ice freeze it in its tracks?
    <----clicky!

Not the victim. He was just practicing! I gave a bit of thought to making the effect go straight back, but I thought that would have been a bit too graphic.

But anyway, you are right that is the default model. When working with the effects editor, there is a source and a target character, a fiend in this case which you can't see off to the left. He was not part of the effect so he was not in the video. The hatchling was standing in because he was the last character that I was working with effects with so he got the job. And a bath later. I would have liked to have shot the effect with the death animation, but since the "mob" does not exist yet I'm not able to.

And it is the model that Takora took the screen shot of. Amon had the bright idea of animating it and...well.... It just went down hill from there...

I just wish that we had released those videos on April 1st...

The videos are great! Though uh...I'm not sure what my feelings are about the concept of living excrement. XD
    But the Istaria website never fails to make me sad. It's almost painful navigating around it. *sigh* I have trouble enjoying most of the site content, no matter how uber exciting, including the vids. 3':

Quote Originally Posted by Anime View Post
    We get to play with poo omg that so what the word lol :3 isn't that nasty lol but sound fun heh heh talk about animation I am student animator at min I can do 3d maya main program that used which is a bit of pain sometimes lol Oh just notice it is adobe maya used in vidoes you can see animation code in left corner lol I think that what it is :3
    You are correct that it is Maya. Not Adobe, though. Autodesk owns it now, but I'm using an older version back when it was Alias. If you are getting good at using it, or know of someone would would like to gain experience working as a game modeler, see link in the announcements for the interns. We could really use another good 3D modeler/animator, Maya or 3DS Max. Most of the things we are working with are in Maya, buildings and monsters. A Max modeler would mainly be a cleanup artist working with some of the existing structures and plants for the time being, though new things could always be given as assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    You are correct that it is Maya. Not Adobe, though. Autodesk owns it now, but I'm using an older version back when it was Alias. If you are getting good at using it, or know of someone would would like to gain experience working as a game modeler, see link in the announcements for the interns. We could really use another good 3D modeler/animator, Maya or 3DS Max. Most of the things we are working with are in Maya, buildings and monsters. A Max modeler would mainly be a cleanup artist working with some of the existing structures and plants for the time being, though new things could always be given as assignments.
    I would volunteer but I do not have access to a copy of maya. *sniff*

anyways was about to say when I read the video post "Istaria has poo jokes... who would have known? lol!"

i have been making vids of horizons when i got the time its a lot of work for a full Music vid

Tutorial vids
    have there own issues to make regardless

i have made some and posted them on youtube and i even got some one to subscribe !

With the devs permission i will post linkage to my youtube page
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

HAHA what's funny is I watched the dung death sequence first, and was like "why is there a dragon made of poop - exploding on my screen?"

Bit confusing when you watch that one first...lol...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information