Thread: Tool Shed

Default Tool Shed

Talking in MP last night about how full vaults get with tools, etc, especially for a multiclassed crafter, it struck me that something we could do with is a tool shed, small footprint, low bulk, for tools ONLY. Would really be a big help to a lot of us.

Don't know if it's ever been considered before but be nice to know if it's possible.

Default Re: Tool Shed

Hmm what about a tool belt that bipeds can equip? A new slot for bipeds to store the tools. I think we had that topic somewhere

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I didn't think the devs want equippable armor to act as containers. Waaaaay back in beta, you used to be able to stick a cargo cap inside a cargo cap inside another cargo cap, and then stick it on your head.

That was a fun one to explore and report; you could essentially stuff an entire mountain of ore into your hat before heading back to the smelter.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Tool shed on a plot would not be able to hold tools with crystals in them.
    For T5 tool sets, you would be turning a single item tool into 4 items and then having to store the crystals.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Galem, just like with bags, once the tool is inside the shed the stuff (in this case, crystals and cogs) can be put back in.

I know I'd certainly build a couple of these around my plot for available tool storage, particularly, if they have the same capable reach as, say, the silos or houses.

As for the design of these things, an enclosed square perhaps, based on the pottery porch model. Walls of the different types of stone wall look (sandstone, fiend, rock, wood), and possibly tiered so that a higher tier one could hold more tools than a lower? I'm guessing a good 10 tools per tier (10 is based on the tents holding 10 pieces of armor). Of course, size is increased dependent on tier (it'd be only fair).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I like this idea, if its logistically possible.

For point of reference, not necessarily to cloud the issue or to be accomodated by a single shed, as Grand Master crafter I have complete set of t5 tools and the quantity is 35 for the set.

Knossos

Just my two cents, but I think the idea of a tool shed is a very innovative idea! Great brainstormin there. Safe journeys and happy hunting!

Shargrailar / Manshoon

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    just like with bags, once the tool is inside the shed the stuff (in this case, crystals and cogs) can be put back in.
    Cool. I use bags to organize, but never thought about being able to put cogs back in tools (or crystals back in weapon/armor) after they were stored.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    I didn't think the devs want equippable armor to act as containers. Waaaaay back in beta, you used to be able to stick a cargo cap inside a cargo cap inside another cargo cap, and then stick it on your head.

That was a fun one to explore and report; you could essentially stuff an entire mountain of ore into your hat before heading back to the smelter.
    I don't know why... but I found this terribly funny. XD
    <----clicky!

Thread Information