Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Closed] Spawn rate issues.

Default Re: Spawn rate issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    I could have sworn there was a thread on this already but Im not seeing it so..

I guess I'll start one!

Areas where mobs take a long time to spawn upon entering.

Blizzard Valley, beetles
    There's several dragon related quest that send you here to kill the various types of beetles, the spawn is extremely sparse, in an hour or so I only killed maybe 10 or snow beetles often I had to wait several minutes in an area to have one pop. The same is true for Ice beetles a little further on up the road, tho their spawn is a bit more dense once it does appear.

Tazzon Desert, gem golems

This one Im not sure about, as it could have been just me at the time, but the gem golems seem very sparse within the canyons, but they tend to be plentiful in the handful of spawn spots above it. Like I said I might be wrong about this one and was just landing in areas they dont typically spawn at.
    The Blizzard Valley beetles are still quite slow - at least they were last week. I think I found 5 ice beetles total in the area around the ruins and shore over the course of a half an hour or so. I eventually went out to the Brandon's Shelf area where I couldn't swing a wet gnome without hitting a half dozen of them.

Yesterday the gem golems took about 5 minutes to start spawning, but once they did it quickly turned into a circus and was a lot of fun. The best place seems to be the canyon edge closest to Dryart. I did find many in the actual canyons though, too... Though the named one for the Dragon healing quest, "Dramentus", took me about a half hour to scare up last weekend (which is fine in my opinion, but I figured I should mention it).

Another slow(er) spawn is the 40-50 gruoks near Mahagra. Along the road there where they spawn you'll find 2-3 of them every 10 minutes or so (and a host of 61 wolves and an 80 wolf which keeps things interesting!) But, if you head out to Brandon's Shelf again, the gruoks literally carpet the area.

Are the spawns near Mahagra and Brandon's shelf linked? If so, this might explain why there were none in one place and a bucket load in the other.

I will post one as well:

Ruxus.

They seem to be VERY intermittent. Sometimes you will get a whole crapton of them on you when you don't want them, but then other times they rarely spawn and you spend 10+ minutes to find/kill 2 mobs.

The Tremendous variety seem to rarely spawn, just the other day I logged on (I had my character logged off on the bridge between the Ruxus and Tremendous Ruxus) area, and I walked clear from that bridge to the bridge between the Tremendous and Large area. I found/killed --1-- Tremendous Ruxus. I then walked back, all the way back to that first bridge, and killed 2 more. Promptly logged off disgusted/discouraged and haven't logged back on since.

30min for 3 mobs is Not going to get me 5 levels....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    I will post one as well:

Ruxus.

They seem to be VERY intermittent. Sometimes you will get a whole crapton of them on you when you don't want them, but then other times they rarely spawn and you spend 10+ minutes to find/kill 2 mobs.

The Tremendous variety seem to rarely spawn, just the other day I logged on (I had my character logged off on the bridge between the Ruxus and Tremendous Ruxus) area, and I walked clear from that bridge to the bridge between the Tremendous and Large area. I found/killed --1-- Tremendous Ruxus. I then walked back, all the way back to that first bridge, and killed 2 more. Promptly logged off disgusted/discouraged and haven't logged back on since.

30min for 3 mobs is Not going to get me 5 levels....
    Ruxus are a Tier 2 monster and the entire tier has been revamped on Blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

There is a distinct shortage of undead on the road going north from Sslanis to Parsinia (needed for quests). A handful of weaker sslik skeleton marauders as normal past the guard post and then nothing. Lieutenant Torrek runs the road alone without his guard and nothing else all the way to the end of that area (where it meets the golem territory). I have observed this on both Order and Chaos.

Dracaena

The skeletons in that area were moved back away from the road due to player complaints. You'll have to move off the road some and they should spawn then.

I've seen a couple of posts on it, not on this thread but on others, but the brachina beetle spawn is rather painful. Please consider either upping the spawn or lowering the respawn timer (perhaps make them an insta-respawn). Insta-respawn or even 1-2 minutes would probably make the 3 spawn qty more than sufficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

The recent posts on the pale hatchlings reminded me that the ghostly dragon spawn has become rather sparse. It's been at least 6 months that I'd noticed that while there are so very many pale hatchlings, that there are very few ghostly dragons and it's a long while for them to respawn. I've had to rove most of the southern half of Draak to find another one, after I've killed 1 off in a different location.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    The recent posts on the pale hatchlings reminded me that the ghostly dragon spawn has become rather sparse. It's been at least 6 months that I'd noticed that while there are so very many pale hatchlings, that there are very few ghostly dragons and it's a long while for them to respawn. I've had to rove most of the southern half of Draak to find another one, after I've killed 1 off in a different location.
    We've actually completely redone the spawns on Draak for the next patch. They were a big mess.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I usually just kill the lone one that wanders in front of the Entombed and leave the others alone. He respawns fast enough and he dosen't have little monsters with him :P

Thread Information