Thread: Monk Question - gear tech?

Default Monk Question - gear tech?

i was wondering about what would be better to apply to my armor tech wise, str, unarmed or armor. i have read through the various posts on monks and there to seems to be a question to what would be better.
    i am only teching t1 gear at the moment.
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

Default Re: Monk Question - gear tech?

as I understand it, Monks don't get much strength for their class, even though by the lore, they can 'deal as much damage as any warrior'... I think 6 was the number... as a monk is primarily a melee class (or supposed to be), that lack of strength will severely hamper their damage potential. I'd recommend teching it with Strength. Though, if you are looking for defense... I'd recommend Armor.

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

When i leveled monk I used first tech for unarmed , then when second was available added str, then armour when third tech could added. But i already had strength from a previous class, if you dont would like previous post suggests switch the strength to first tech then unarmed second.

ok, many thanks, for the wisdom
    i have been getting blacksmithing up so i could learn fitter, to help the str issue so maybe i will go with unarmed then, i already have a full str jewerly set. i just need to harvest some brown necroflys for thier wings then and i will be all set
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

glad to be of help ^^ happy to do so

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

There is some additional info on the Monk wiki page about training-point spending as well, plus a very good forum post from Hratli about levelling and advice (which is where most of the Wiki content came from!)

There are no Monk quests at present beyond the level 20 "Learn the Disciples" quest (and three in total) which are document (with spoilers) on the Wiki entry. Though this may change in the future... *nudge nudge wink wink*

There should be the Spirit of The Monkey quest at level 30.... or has it been removed?
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thread Information