Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ancien Khutit Form

Default Ancien Khutit Form

From what I have read number of dragon players are upset about the limited difference between adult and ancient dragons. So my suggestion is to make an Ancient Khutit dragon form. Give it wings so you can fly in Khutit form and remove the negative modifier to stats that is currently applied when dragons are in Khutit form. It would give ancients something distinctly ancient.

I realize something of this nature would be a huge undertaking for the dev team.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Default Re: Ancien Khutit Form

Sounds like a very cool idea and wouldn't cause any balance issues.

Would also differentiate ancients from adults while in Khutit form (especially if they displayed wings). Perhaps make them a bit taller as well.

Heck I'd take just wings that don't actually allow you to fly - and the removal of the debuff stats .

Always wanted my Khutit form to have wings, even if they served no purpose...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I'd like the Ancient Khutit to simply be taller. It seems wrong for a grown dragon to be shorter than a Half-Giant, even if they're in bipedal form.

But more than anything I'd just like to see the Khutit bugs worked out - the stuttering animations and the brownness.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

I think this is a good idea, maybe have a little quest and some lore to tie it in.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Larger khutit? yes
    Larger dragon, larger khutit!
    Flight for a khutit? no
    If you want to fly become dragon, rather let the devs shrink the select box for adults and ancients
    Remove the negative modifier for normal khutit? yes!
    Ancient dragons are older and wiser and thus have overcome the restrictions.
    Obtainable only by quest? yes
    Does not have to be long, just not a kill 20 xxx mob. Combine with some lore about Khutit.
    Or maybe a better idea, let the player base do most of the quest and lore work for them and make it into a contest. I remember a contest many years ago were players could submit custom made quests.

i also always wanted a khutit with wings, doesnt have to fly thatd be nice tho, if want to fly keep the modiefier i guess but itd be nice. but if ya make an ancient khutit make the head different(not for each individual cause i already know its not poss/likely but like the current way it is with a global head but just a different head this time...maybe number 5:P)
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

If you want to fly become dragon, rather let the devs shrink the select box for adults and ancients
    I could have sworn this had been done. I know we messed with it a while back. I'll look into it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

<derail>You know... I would be happy pressing f9 to select myself if there was a way to set it up that I couldnt select myself with the mouse O.o leave the bounding box remove your personal selecting box?</derail>

Soraii / Alaysar

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I could have sworn this had been done. I know we messed with it a while back. I'll look into it.
    Personally I am having great trouble selecting resource nodes, up to a point of turning into Khutit so that I have no problem with gathering.
    multiple mobs can still be a problem, but nothing a few Gold Rage attacks cannot cure...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

This has been suggested more than 2 years ago, but it's good to see that idea back again.

I'm for a winged khutit for ancient too. Back the,I suggedted that form:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...05&postcount=7

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ghlight=khutit

But now that hatching can actually glide, I would add a suggestion: Don't give winged Khutit the ability to fly, but give them the ability to glide, like hatching.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I luuuuuuuuv that picture, that is how I envisioned a winged Khutit!

(winged bananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa dragon)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

But now that hatching can actually glide, I would add a suggestion: Don't give winged Khutit the ability to fly, but give them the ability to glide, like hatching.
    A bit unrelated, but can hatchlings really glide on the live servers? I keep ticking the "glide when falling" box but it keeps un-ticking itself every time I close the options window. :/ I thought it wasn't fully implemented yet. Is that just a bug?

~Galde

It's not available on the live servers yet :/

i love that picture

You want something like this? (see attachment)

(Tease!) It is not real, only a Photoshop job that I did a long time ago when I was wanting wings on my khutit too. I do plan on revisiting the khutit model in the future but I doubt that I will be able to go to the extent of grafting wings onto it. It would require building a new skeleton and making all new animations. Which would be cool to do but it would be difficult to get the time to do it unless you want an ETA of summer....2010.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would be happy if we just get wings on them for the moment, just for cosmetic. Khutits get sometimes mistaked as Sslik, which is annoying kinda.

And that photoshop thing made my heart glee.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

That looks sweet, Solitaire.

Just for that, my Sslik will start running around nekkid.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

bah, we been doing that on blight for years.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    It would require building a new skeleton and making all new animations. Which would be cool to do but it would be difficult to get the time to do it unless you want an ETA of summer....2010.
    I want that, so that we can have a less goofy running animation. Larger and/or less clenched forepaws would be nice too, to reduce the appearance of the arms being stubby.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Thread Information