Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy Gold Burst Thread (you have been warned)

Default Re: Crazy Gold Burst Thread (you have been warned)

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    if it is potent, my offering of a name for the gold burst perhaps could be "Drulkar's Wrath"? just two cents worth.
    I think there's a debuff named like that alreeady. One you get when using tablets

Yeah, and it's not a nice one at that... XD You may be on the right track, though, RuneDragoon.
    <----clicky!

Drulkar's Rage? Drulkar's Burst? Drulkar's Fury?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Hmm... I think that debuff is about to be renamed. The name "Drulkar's Wrath" is destined to be used for bigger and better things.

Much bigger...

Much better...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Whoo Runedragon, the devs like it. XD

I like 'Drulkar's Wrath' too. Though I can't say I've ever come across it as a debuff.

~Galde

You wouldn't like it.

Trust me.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Hmm... I think that debuff is about to be renamed. The name "Drulkar's Wrath" is destined to be used for bigger and better things.

Much bigger...

Much better...
    I don't know if I should be happy or scared XD

But I like the name too
    Drulkar's Fury sounds good too

That makes it sound kind of ...... I don't know...... epic maybe?

Name suggestions:

1. The Fury of the First One
    2. Wrath of the Fire God
    3. Drulkar's Damnation

And that's all I can think of right now. D:

3. Drulkar's Damnation
    Oooh, alliteration! Good one Hrae! X3

~Galde

I like the names Gold Rage and Silver Strike.

I wouldn't like to see those renamed or Gold "Burst" be changed into something differing from those lines.

It does occur to me however that if there is a "Gold Burst" for primal based attacks, that there should also be an equivalent pairing for Silver Strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I like the names Gold Rage and Silver Strike.

I wouldn't like to see those renamed or Gold "Burst" be changed into something differing from those lines.

It does occur to me however that if there is a "Gold Burst" for primal based attacks, that there should also be an equivalent pairing for Silver Strike.
    Right now we have the DRAG school, Dragon Adventure school...
    Create another school and focus that completely on Casting.
    Give that school the mediocre non hoard using abilities as well and create a casting form for Drain Strike, Silver Strike and Gold Rage (All 3 would not be usable because they are DRAG school exclusive).
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I don't think a Primal based equivalent of Silver Strike is necessary: Prime Bolts are powerful enough.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Right now we have the DRAG school, Dragon Adventure school...
    Create another school and focus that completely on Casting.
    Give that school the mediocre non hoard using abilities as well and create a casting form for Drain Strike, Silver Strike and Gold Rage (All 3 would not be usable because they are DRAG school exclusive).
    That would get my support immediately.
    An extra school would give dragons who have reached level 100 ages ago something to do rather than watch their experiences disappearing in a pierced dimensional pocket
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    As I understand it a lot of dragons use Gold Rage primarily or only for the debuffs (including me because it's near useless as far as damage goes...

~Galde
    Sorry, but that is about the funniest thing I've read in a while.

/sarcasm on
    An ability that you can drop every 15 seconds and do up to or over 3000 damage each time - yeah - I'm using it for the debuffs!
    /sarcasm off

Consider for a minute Dark Cyclone which is the real epic spell in the game (Shining blades is not very epic IMO). You fight for 20 minutes using your conventional attacks while it is refreshing and then WHAM you drop the hammer.

Gold rage is a dragon's primary attack. You drop the other abilities/spells in whilst you're waiting for the refresh, but really, you're just gold raging and doing incidental damage the rest of the time. [generalising here - but it is true for most dragons that I've seen]

Now Amon has said that he wants Gold Rage to be epic. He has also said that this is not something that is being contemplated without careful consideration.

Consider this - would you really be upset if other abilities were added, and existing abilities were modified or improved so that you could do as much damage without using gold rage and then in addition had the ability to drop your Epic on them?

In other threads people are decrying changes to beetle drops because they think there is not enough hoard. What if you didn't have to use your hoard attacks all the time - that they were Epic attacks waiting in the wings (pun not intended) to dig you out of that tough scrape?

Personally, I'd love to be able to fight properly using current or perhaps new abilities without having to spam my gold rage button every 15 seconds. But it seems any time a change is mentioned everyone yells NERF!!

Valornyx, The dragons using it for a debuff are most likely Caster dragons who are specked for Primal and not T&C so may not do 3000 a swing, a guess as I do not use it that often my self so could be wrong on the damage as a caster specced Dragon.

Right now it is our most Epic attack but from what LA said here and what I have heard else where I do not think it is meant to BE our Epic attack/spell, but i could be wrong on that.

I for one would like to see all our abilities balanced and Gold Rage brought in more with a upper tier attack like Multi attack or whatever upper end attack that bipeds get and a true long recast timer Epic attack/spell be given to dragons. Of note when the Epic Spell/attack comes please keep in mind Caster and Melee and Hybrid Dragons. Do not give us another T&C only or Primal Only based skill, that or give us one based off each so a Dragon can choose between the two specs.

Breathe of Flame Burst is pretty epic, gained as an Ancient and an AOE.

It's timer is not unseemly compared to the damage it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

As I understand it a lot of dragons use Gold Rage primarily or only for the debuffs (including me because it's near useless as far as damage goes...

~Galde
    Sorry, but that is about the funniest thing I've read in a while.

/sarcasm on
    An ability that you can drop every 15 seconds and do up to or over 3000 damage each time - yeah - I'm using it for the debuffs!
    /sarcasm off
    Oi, you don't have to be mean about it. Geez.

Last time I checked, it was more like this: my friend is a melee dragon and I'm a caster. His gold rage does 3000+ damage. Mine does about 300-400. And that's the truth.

So, to me, Gold Rage does about as much damage as my galewind. Why bother spending the hoard? I can just flap my wings a bit instead, same effect. So that same friend taught me to use it as a debuff instead.

I go into battle--*gold rage* *prime bolt prime bolt prime bolt galewind prime bolt prime bolt prime bolt*... etc. etc. until the enemy dies.

So overall,

Valornyx, The dragons using it for a debuff are most likely Caster dragons who are specked for Primal and not T&C so may not do 3000 a swing, a guess as I do not use it that often my self so could be wrong on the damage as a caster specced Dragon.
    What Deth said.

And a full caster's gold rage is piddly. :/ Like I said, I was doing no more than 400 damage while my friend was doing up to the 3000s. That is a direct comparison of a full melee and full caster... might vary depending on your scales, but you get the general gist.

Personally, I'd love to be able to fight properly using current or perhaps new abilities without having to spam my gold rage button every 15 seconds. But it seems any time a change is mentioned everyone yells NERF!!
    I'm actually confused. Where did this come up from?

I for one would like to see all our abilities balanced and Gold Rage brought in more with a upper tier attack like Multi attack or whatever upper end attack that bipeds get and a true long recast timer Epic attack/spell be given to dragons. Of note when the Epic Spell/attack comes please keep in mind Caster and Melee and Hybrid Dragons. Do not give us another T&C only or Primal Only based skill, that or give us one based off each so a Dragon can choose between the two specs.
    I agree. Dragons need to be able to choose; choice is something we have very little of. :/

~Galde

Depends what you are fighting...my dragon is 100% primal/power specced including scales. I can gold rage a T5 undead for about 800-1500 dmg if all the attacks hit. Its not a one shot kill, but it saves me 4-6 prime bolts worth of time. Things like wolves and spiders, yeah, I don't do much damage because most of my GRs miss. Their armor is so low, though, that when I do hit I many times one shot them.

To do only 400 damage you would need to miss most of your attacks or be trying to GR a T5 beetle with Harden Shell on, which isn't a great use of hoard anyway.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    I can gold rage a T5 undead for about 800-1500 dmg if all the attacks hit. Its not a one shot kill, but it saves me 4-6 prime bolts worth of time.
    So does Zex. But being a caster, he's supposed to cast spells, not use his laws. At least that's how I see it. And hunting with my Lunus is much more efficient anyway.
    I don't care if Gold burst/whatever doesn't do the same amount of damage than Gold rage, so I don't have to click on prime bolt and wait until the mob is down ; just give me more primal-based attacks and I'll be a happy dragon.

Thread Information